TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Impact Thread - July/27th/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
cagespeaks277.gif

MAIN EVENT: "THE SAMOAN SUBMISSION MACHINE" SAMOA JOE .VS. "THE WAR MACHINE" RHINO

Tonight on "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV, two of TNA's juggernauts will collide in singles action as Samoa Joe clashes with Rhino for the first time ever! "The War Machine" put out a challenge to anyone to fight him in the Impact Zone, and the former X-Division Champion has answered! Will the confines of the Impact Zone be able to hold this impending war between Joe and Rhino? Tune in and find out!

FOUR-WAY X-DIVISION MATCH

Petey Williams .VS. Sonjay Dutt .VS. Shark Boy .VS. Johnny Devine. Four of TNA's top high-flying X-Division stars will be in action tonight on "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV in a four-way match! Only one X-Division star can win the bout, and each wants a shot at X-Division Champion, Senshi. Who will emerge victorious and stake their claim at a shot at the X-Division gold? Tune in and watch TNA's daredevil X-Division stars take to the air!

Also tonight on "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV:

- Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Christian Cage has asked for airtime to speak out about the upcoming "Hard Justice" World Title match between Jeff Jarrett and Sting. What will Cage have to say about the upcoming Pay-Per-View main event?

- Also on the broadcast will be a sitdown interview with NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Jeff Jarrett, who certainly has a lot on his mind as he prepares to battle "The Man In Black" at "Hard Justice".

- We'll hear from Konnan and the rest of the Latin American Exchange on "iMPACT!" as they gear up to challenge AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels for the NWA World Tag Team Titles at the Pay-Per-View!

- In addition, TNAwrestling.com has learned that a new "Paparazzi Productions" video will air featuring Kevin Nash, Alex Shelley, and Johnny Devine! According to rumors, Nash will continue his X-Division training as he prepares to face Chris Sabin at the "Hard Justice" Pay-Per-View!

All this and much more tonight on "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV as TNA continues the road to the August 13th "Hard Justice" Pay-Per-View!

I'm looking forward to Joe/Rhino. I need to see some 2 sided ring action with The Paparazzi and Nash. The 4-Way should be fun too.

One of the byproduct's of this main event is that it should give TNA a chance to see that Joe is over enough to be THE top face, if there was any doubt. I thought the crowd might be split, but last week's promo showed that the crowd likes Rhino alot, but LOVES Joe. This show seems like a one-trick pony though. There's no killer LAX promo to compliment the strong main event like last week. I hope those guys did some backstage work though, because they have some nice momentum going. I'm guessing who ever wins the the 4-way will be positioned to job to Senshi at the PPV. I hope they give those guys some time. The one thing that's been missing from Impact lately, as strong as its been, has been the spotfests. I always think about that 6 man tag they ran on the first show this year. It was like a 6 man match, but it stood out because it was so different than anything you'd ever see on WWE programming. Outside of Joe and Daniels on the first Thursday, and to a lesser degree the match where Senshi won the belt, they haven't aired anything like that since.

They really need to change the color of the ropes and get rid of the "Laser beams".

They also really need to get rid of that big goofy TNA sign opposite the camera and the red ramp.

On the plus side, Nash/Shelly was comedy gold and I'm liking the free agent thing they're doing with Bobby Roode.

Cool spot but the table break was REALLY weak since Joe just sat on it basically. That's too bad although showing it fifty times afterwards didn't help.

There are quite a few good things going on in TNA right now. They've got the LAX angle, which I'm really enjoying right now since they're giving Homicide and Hernandez the push they deserve. They've got Eric Young who may be the most popular guy on the roster not named Joe. They've got Samoa Joe who could be their ace before the end of the year. And you've got the Papparazzi Productions with Shelley, Devine, and Nash just RULING IT in the midcard scene. I really hope TNA does not screw up these pushes...

Fun show. I love Eric Young.

Anyway, haven't watched Impact in awhile. Has Monty Brown always tried to cut promos like The Rock? In that one promo I caught both "It doesn't matter...!" and his pushing JB away to take the mic for himself. "Hippophant" made me laugh even if weight is the only thing wrestlers can mock Joe on.

Yeah, Shelley/Nash/Devine and Eric Young have both been great.

LAX is really good now that Homicide is 100%, too. Konnan's doing some great work on the mic.

TNA needs to have a Serengetti Monster Ball match with Sharkboy, Puma, Raven, Rhyno and have Monty Brown go over all of them with the POUNCE~

Eric Young did something last night that hasn't been done in years. He made me care about the outcome of a James Gang match. That guy is classic! I loved that A1 wouldn't hit Eric either, it was nicely done and made sence as opposed to "Booking commitee says we aren't a team anymore... now we hate each other."

That table spot was the only way to end that match and have both Rhino and Joe looking strong. Well done, TNA booking.

Monty Brown is a bust. The guy is a clown and can't even put his arms down straight. I can't take the overly inflater dude seriously. His promos are horrible and his snarling face makes me laugh. He better job hard at the PPV.

I like Monty and feel TNA dropped the ball on him when he was hot a year or so ago. They kept making him a heel, then face, then heel, then tweener and the fans just died out on him. Thus the rebuilding begins.

Christian needs to get the title back and have a real reign as champ,

I think he got short-changed.

Won't happen. I see Christian turning heel on Sting only to become yet another Jarrett lackey. JJ is the top heel and no one else is allowed to even get close to that spot. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Jarrett retained at the PPV so he could keep the title until BFG. That way he could lose to Joe in a 3-way match and it wouldn't be a clean one-on-one job. In fact, I'm gonna call that as what will really happen.

What if JJ turns face and the only heel is Monty?

Then god help us all.

Love how your last three or so posts on this forum is just the same bash about Monty.

I think if JJ turns face somehow, Christian is that top heel. Though he'll probably get cheered though. They need a full fledged heel-believable and boo'ed.

Definatly, Roode does have the potential to be the top heel, i think he just needs a better finisher.