TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 8 Thread - August/1st/2006.

Guest The Great Muta

TBS dealt with it just fine, but Batista, man what a tool tonight.

Yeah, Batista should have known that walking into an ECW show would be like entering a pit of fire. He did not know what to do with himself at all. All he did was get pissed off and want to fight a kid in the crowd...

Did I miss something? I was thinking the opposite. I figure in a situation like that, you just continue to do your job, and actually, ignore it. Which is what I thought Batista was doing. (although, you could see he was pissed haha, but he still taunted and everything even though they were booing him). I thought it was a thing taught backstage, that it's wrong to 'disrespect' the crowd, even when they're disrespecting you. And even though Big Show was the heel, he looked like he was going beyond the call of duty.

Sort of how Lesnar was looked down upon at WMXX. But hey..maybe that's just me.

To me it really looked like Batista was getting pissed and felt very awkward getting the reaction he was getting. Either way though, they need to stop having Raw/Smackdown wrestlers main eventing an ECW show.

The thing that really bothers me is that some people continue to watch Raw already saying it's going to suck and after posting 56000 posts saying how much last week's Raw sucked and how this week's is going to be even worse. IF you hate the product that the WWE is putting out right now, then why do you continue to watch it? Same with the ECW fans....they know that these shows are going to be toned down a tad to fit the WWE style...if they don't want to see that, then dont fucking watch the show or attend the events...its that simple.

Honestly, what are you trying to prove? Do you think people will actually listen?

Obviously you did

Why do some posters (often of the previously banned variety) seem to be completely unaware that 'the smart marks' are not the type of wrestling fan that swallows everything Vince McMahon tells them to?

Why do some posters (often of the previously banned variety) seem to be completely unaware that 'the smart marks' are not the type of wrestling fan that swallows everything Vince McMahon tells them to?

Me likey Cena, me likey Cena!

Some posters think it's cool to be "smarter" than a "smart mark." Which means they cheer for what Vince McMahon wants them to and insult everyone who doesn't do the same. Some idiots will spend their time to sign up at a SMART MARKS FORUM, simply to insult "smart marks".

Some posters think it's cool to be "smarter" than a "smart mark." Which means they cheer for what Vince McMahon wants them to and insult everyone who doesn't do the same.

Damn those crafty Super-Smart Marks

Same with the ECW fans....they know that these shows are going to be toned down a tad to fit the WWE style...if they don't want to see that, then dont fucking watch the show or attend the events...its that simple.

Maybe you didn't see a differerence from the first half hour to the second, you can clearly see that people were enjoying the toned down WWECW setup if booked correctly. The second half hour was a waste. Using Angle, an athlete of such quality in a three minute squash, and having a main event for the Extreme Championship Wrestling Title in not an extreme rules match against a guy from the Smackdown roster on a quest to get the World title... does it make much sense...

Some posters think it's cool to be "smarter" than a "smart mark." Which means they cheer for what Vince McMahon wants them to and insult everyone who doesn't do the same.

We should create an entirely different folder for them. They can talk about how cool DX is and speculate on who the father of Stephanie's baby is.

I dont cheer for everything Vince produces, but I don't lose every shred of optimisim left in me. I watch Raw to be entertained...I dont watch Raw for a painful and miserable experience that I will just bitch about afterwards....if I wanted to inflict pain on myself, I'd pour fucking morton salt in my eyelids and then post about how much it hurt.

Guest The Great Muta

We should create an entirely different folder for them. They can talk about how cool DX is and speculate on who the father of Stephanie's baby is.

lol

Same with the ECW fans....they know that these shows are going to be toned down a tad to fit the WWE style...if they don't want to see that, then dont fucking watch the show or attend the events...its that simple.

Maybe you didn't see a differerence from the first half hour to the second, you can clearly see that people were enjoying the toned down WWECW setup if booked correctly. The second half hour was a waste. Using Angle, an athlete of such quality in a three minute squash, and having a main event for the Extreme Championship Wrestling Title in not an extreme rules match against a guy from the Smackdown roster on a quest to get the World title... does it make much sense...

No it doesn't make much sense. Hence my point a few pages ago. If Show is going to win then atleast put him against guys ono the ECW roster. Sandman, Tommy even Sabu (the 3 biggest names). Even throw Balls into that as well.

The one thing I really loved about tonight's show was the venue. It had a very unique feel and that is why the WWE needs to be booking these shows in small venues like this instead of opposite Smackdown! In a regular setting this card would've lost a lot of its atmosphere but I'm hardly the first person who has stated this opinion. In fact, the way the crowd shitted on the ME I'm sure Vince will never have another show in such a venue again.

Guest The Great Muta

No it doesn't make much sense. Hence my point a few pages ago. If Show is going to win then atleast put him against guys ono the ECW roster. Sandman, Tommy even Sabu (the 3 biggest names). Even throw Balls into that as well.

This is Vince McMahon you're talking about now...

I dont cheer for everything Vince produces, but I don't lose every shred of optimisim left in me. I watch Raw to be entertained...I dont watch Raw for a painful and miserable experience that I will just bitch about afterwards....if I wanted to inflict pain on myself, I'd pour fucking morton salt in my eyelids and then post about how much it hurt.

We're optimistic. I don't think you would find anyone on here that doesn't like C.M. Punk and the possibilities his character has in ECW. We just don't want to tune into ECW on a weekly basis to see RAW and Smackdown superstars in the main event.

The father of Stephanie's baby is Chris Masters...thats why he hasnt been on tv lately beating up jabronies with the Masterlock! Duh.

So everyone, assuming RVD returns next week, how is he booked? Does he just have a straight match, a promo? Is he going to come out and want an immediate rematch? It seems pretty locked now that it will be Sabu vs. TBS at Summerslam, and if TBS wins, he might just be holding the title until December. Of course that leaves RVD, who upon his return will be expected by the fans, ECW and WWE alike to be in the Title picture from the get-go.

Personally, I would have Sabu beat TBS at Summerslam, and then relegate TBS to an "enforcer" role, kind of like 911 was used. I know this reeks of hotshotting the title, but lets face it, TBS was never supposed to be the long-term champion anyway, it was supposed to be RVD as the champ well into next year, so I say just pick that up with a twist, and have RVD turn heel, ON SABU. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have grown tired of the face RVD, and would like to see a return of the Disrespectful Heel RVD. I know he will probably get cheered anyway, but who cares....?

The father of Stephanie's baby is Chris Masters...thats why he hasnt been on tv lately beating up jabronies with the Masterlock! Duh.

Nope.

David Flair

That's a very good point. I know I always have to have that pointed out to me by my friends. Vince doesn't do the right, obvious thing. he does what he "Thinks" the fans want to see. Eventhough it's only what he wants to see.

At least we haven't had Triple H vs Big Show. He's staying as far away as possible.

You probably should've waited a little bit before you posted that, or atleast put it in spoiler tags. Now all the "super smart marks" in this thread will send you hate mail.

So everyone, assuming RVD returns next week, how is he booked? Does he just have a straight match, a promo? Is he going to come out and want an immediate rematch? It seems pretty locked now that it will be Sabu vs. TBS at Summerslam, and if TBS wins, he might just be holding the title until December. Of course that leaves RVD, who upon his return will be expected by the fans, ECW and WWE alike to be in the Title picture from the get-go.

Personally, I would have Sabu beat TBS at Summerslam, and then relegate TBS to an "enforcer" role, kind of like 911 was used. I know this reeks of hotshotting the title, but lets face it, TBS was never supposed to be the long-term champion anyway, it was supposed to be RVD as the champ well into next year, so I say just pick that up with a twist, and have RVD turn heel, ON SABU. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have grown tired of the face RVD, and would like to see a return of the Disrespectful Heel RVD. I know he will probably get cheered anyway, but who cares....?

RVD needs Fonzie.

That's a very good point. I know I always have to have that pointed out to me by my friends. Vince doesn't do the right, obvious thing. he does what he "Thinks" the fans want to see. Eventhough it's only what he wants to see.

At least we haven't had Triple H vs Big Show. He's staying as far away as possible.

Remember, Triple H doesn't want to work Tuesdays

You probably should've waited a little bit before you posted that, or atleast put it in spoiler tags. Now all the "super smart marks" in this thread will send you hate mail.

Itd be more 'whiney' than 'hateful'..."Why did u have to tell us who the real father is? And stop pickin on WWE. Meany...dont watch it if dont like!"

Remember, Triple H doesn't want to work Tuesdays

THAT should have been tonight's main event. Triple H would've never made it out alive.

I know WWECW is not going to let every match be "extreme rules" but shouldn't the Heavyweight Title Match ALWAYS BE "extreme rules" I mean it seems Vince is more hung up on making sure only one match per week gets to be "extreme rules" than making an entertaining show. Lets face it, as bad as putting TBS vs. Batista in front of an ECW crowd is, AT LEAST if it was "extreme rules" there might be a few spots throughout the match that would get some reaction from the fans.

The way I see it, hold RVD off until at least SS. Big Show beats Sabu. Next ECW show RVD returns and demands a title shot. Sabu wants a rematch. Storyline cotinues until December when it's Show vs RVD vs Sabu in a three-way-elimination match. It comes down to RVD vs Sabu with RVD getting the pin and shaking Sabu's hand at the end,

Well, next week they get RVD back so there is really no excuse to keep doing this crap with the Raw/SD guys. They'll actually have a decent core of main event level guys then, so there's no reason for the guest star of the week.

Incidentally what is the point of these guys showing up on ECW if they aren't going to just job to the Big Show? Guys like Flair and Kane serve a purpose since they jobbed and made the ECW champ look good. Ironically it's the SD guys who have been booked stronger (Batista, UT). If Show isn't going to beat these guys there is no point for them showing up. It'll draw over a 2.0 regardless of who shows up.

Anyway I enjoyed the hell out of this show tonight. Opener was great fun, Punk's debut was solid and I always love Justin getting his ass beat. The main event was hilarious on a car wreck level. I was actually a bit surprised Batista was shit on so severely....I figured he was better liked among ECW fans than Orton or Cena.

Itd be more 'whiney' than 'hateful'..."Why did u have to tell us who the real father is? And stop pickin on WWE. Meany...dont watch it if dont like!"

You forgot "Get the F Out!" I'm sure they'll find a way to work that into the message.

Guest Floridian Cool
He looks like Steve Corino without the blond hair and on welfare. Gain some weight.

I meant his promo. His voice and delivery and even facial expressions were dead-on Benoit.