TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

The Marine trailor

Jesus Christ even the voiceover was terrible.

PS - Robert Patrick needs to fire his agent.

Oh come on, he got him that role on the first episode of "Stargate Atlantis" and he's currently starring in "The Unit". Plus lets face it, he's the liquid terminator til the day he dies.

Double Dragon says hello

Anyone else notice the gas prices? $1.74! When was this thing filmed?

Yes, I noticed and I died laughing.

Another Typical Action movie with alot of fancy explosions, overused Matrix Style bulletime, average joe magiclly turns superhero mid movie, weak ass plot, actors no one cares for anymore, made by WWE and staring John Cena.

I couldn't agree more. This movie should have gone straight to video. The plot looks hella week, cliched and tired. Nevertheless, I will be sitting in Iraq bored shitless so I'll probably buy a haji copy and watch it.

Anyone else notice the gas prices? $1.74! When was this thing filmed?

Nearly two years ago (2004), back when they did the "Cena got stabbed in a nightclub by Jesus" angle to explain him leaving to film the movie.

Just finished watching it. Doesn't look good, but doesn't look bad. Maybe an average film.

Just one question, how many people are going to see this film because they don't realize it's John Cena, but think it's Mark Whalberg? (sp?)

Is it manditory that any movie starring a wrestler has to include at least one wrestling manuver??

Do Hogan movies count?

If so, does "punch" count as a wrestling maneuver?

Plus, with a much screentime Kane was getting over his flick, I can only imagine how much of the show will bw devoted to selling Cena's.

Hopefully starting the Raw after Summerslam, Cena's medallion starts appearing on the titantron and doing raps about homosexuality in Cena's voice, leading to the debut of Cena 2 (Ruthless Agression Facepaint Cena), because if just havine ONE John Cena is THIS GOOD, imagine what TWO John Cenas could bring to the table.

I think it would be hillarious if he busts out the five knuckle shuffle in the middle of the movie.

Really, it looks stupid, but no worse than most current Hollywood action movies. I bet it does all right, since the PG-13 rating will allow a lot of high school kids and young marks to see it.

Oh come on, he got him that role on the first episode of "Stargate Atlantis" and he's currently starring in "The Unit". Plus lets face it, he's the liquid terminator til the day he dies.

Double Dragon says hello

Double Dragon was awesome. If you watch it with the belief it was intentionally made that badly, much like ROAD HOUSE. It's nowhere near as classic as Road House but come on, no way was anyone taking that seriously.

I expect to be a DECENT movie and hopefully it'll turn to be better than See No Evil.

"I told you to shoot him!"

"What does it look like we're doing?"

"Missing!"

:D

I've only seen the trailer and I'm already rooting for the bad guy. ( it's like Cena/Angle and Cena/HHH all over again!)

The trailer looks like it was directed by Michael Bay...

's...hyperactive kid.

I'm pissed he doesn't have a Native American sidekick and isn't riding a motorcycle.

I'm disappointed that Larry B. Scott is not the sidekick.

Guest The Great Muta

Is It me, or did Cena do a flying shoulder tackle to the big black dude?

I have a bad feeling it's going to be #1 the week it comes out.

Now whether or not John Cena leaves wrestling for Hollywood like The Rock did is anyone's guess...

Sometimes dreams do come true...

Rob Van Dam?

I was distressed that The Marine is PG-13, since this sort of ultra violent actioner needs to be rated R to work at all. Commando should be their Bible here. Follow it and profits will come to WWE productions.

You're forgetting that 90% of John Cena's fans are 15 and under. An R rating would have killed this movie's revenue.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

In Mr Nanny didn't Beefcake appear in his Zodiac make up a year or 2 before debueting the gimmick?

This looks like perfectly acceptable crap action. Replace Cena with Jason Statham and that could have pretty much been the trailer for Transporter 3.

Negative, because 1) the Transporter movies were good action flicks, and 2) Jason Statham is much hotter that Cena could ever be in his wildest dreams.

Guest Kobe24KGold
It's also going up against Robin Williams' Man of the Year. No way it'll be No.1.

Robin Williams hasn't been a draw for years. Watch and see The Night Listener bomb this weekend.

Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't in Grudge 2, so I don't see that film doing very well, either.

The Marine will attract a lot of teens looking for some belated summer explosions in October.

Robin Williams had a hit film in April. The Night Listener will fail not b/c Robin Williams is not a draw but b/c it's not exactly a film that gets people out to the theatres.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is in Grudge 2. The film will do most certainly make a profit, and have a large opening weekend at that.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
It's also going up against Robin Williams' Man of the Year. No way it'll be No.1.
Robin Williams hasn't been a draw for years. Watch and see The Night Listener bomb this weekend.

Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't in Grudge 2, so I don't see that film doing very well, either.

Robin Williams is still a comedy draw, which Man of the Year is. Did you forget about R.V. earlier this year?

And um, yeah, Sarah Michelle Gellar is in Grudge 2, ya crazy.

In all honesty, this looks better than I thought it had any chance to be at all. I was always under the premise this was some really bad "war" movie where Cena was in fatigues all the time, shooting guns at the enemy, etc, etc. Instead its this and it doesnt look THAT bad from the previews.

Plus, with a much screentime Kane was getting over his flick, I can only imagine how much of the show will bw devoted to selling Cena's.

Hopefully starting the Raw after Summerslam, Cena's medallion starts appearing on the titantron and doing raps about homosexuality in Cena's voice, leading to the debut of Cena 2 (Ruthless Agression Facepaint Cena), because if just havine ONE John Cena is THIS GOOD, imagine what TWO John Cenas could bring to the table.

And Cena 2 can be wearing Cena's old Chain necklace with the lock on it, and Cena 1 can rip it off his neck and say, " I believe this belongs to me." Then do the "You Can't See Me" taunt to Cena 2 and walk off, ending the fued.

Guest Kobe24KGold

Robin Williams is still a comedy draw, which Man of the Year is. Did you forget about R.V. earlier this year?

LOL, my bad

Double Dragon says hello

Double Dragon was awesome. If you watch it with the belief it was intentionally made that badly, much like ROAD HOUSE. It's nowhere near as classic as Road House but come on, no way was anyone taking that seriously.

that reminds me I've got to check out Road House 2. Yes it does exist and already out on dvd.

I wonder if they've been trying to keep Cena babyface just cause this movie isn't out yet. But when See No Evil was out Kane stayed primarily heel. although he wasnt in any feuds and he was the villain in his movie.

Maybe they're trying to get people to root for the bad guys and hope the hero fails in the movie, like in Mission Impossible 3.

If the movie bombs they can blame it on the fake Cena who was the one that did the movie, and the real Cena's been locked in a basement all this time on Smackdown, diabolically plotted by evil Carlito and Jesus.

That's true, but in just the trailer they show her death, so she may not be in it very much, unless it's as a flashback or a ghost.

according to Wikipedia, there is a character named Bennett in this movie...he's billed right under Robert Patrick so he must be a main character, probably Patrick's right hand man...it doesn't get much better than that (for those of you who know where I'm going with the Bennett thing)