TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

This is the NFL Preseason Thread

Guest Princess Leena

Donte Stallworth traded to the Eagles. With their WR's, very good move.

For Mark Simoneau and a 4th (becomes a 3rd if the Eagles resign him)

Great deal considering Simoneau is a "great trade, who'd we get" player. A 4th for a guy who put up 70/945/7 last year is a great deal. I actually prefer that to a Branch for $30+ mil and a 1st or 2nd rounder.

This will all be very amusing in retrospect after TO accepts the MVP award after the Super Bowl.

Only in a fantasy world...

And about the Eagles trade... I must say I'm happy with this trade other then getting Branch. Stallworth can also return kicks. I wonder where he will fit in because he still has to get use to the offense and coming to a new team, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him starting opposite side of Reggie Brown by Week 4 or 5.

For all the shit he seems to put people through, why hasn't someone just caved TO's face in already, especially since his attitude just screams "bitch" as far as fighting is concerned

Because he would fuck pretty much everyone up. He schooled Hugh Douglas last year when that whole thing went down. He is a bit of a prima donna, but he is also a fucking nutjob that has the ability to snap I think.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, he's a pretty strong guy with a mean streak.

Maybe he should try going into MMA. Can you imagine a Brock Lesnar-T.O. match?

Beating up a retired player who's out of shape isn't "gangsta"... Let's see him try to take on DeMarcus Ware or a huge O-Line man.

You still think that losing TO will turn into the curse of the bambino for the Eagles VX?

Because he would fuck pretty much everyone up. He schooled Hugh Douglas last year when that whole thing went down. He is a bit of a prima donna, but he is also a fucking nutjob that has the ability to snap I think.

On top of EMHE's point, he ran (for lack of a better metaphor) away from Ray Lewis like a little bitch, when he found out he was being sent to Baltimore

While some might say that's a smart move, it really doesn't paint a tough picture of him.

Awesome trade, I imagine that Pinkston is likely going to be cut due to this.

If Pinkston's still on PUP or IR, he won't get cut.

If he's an active player by the time the roster cuts are announced, though, I think he's screwed.

As far as the Saints go, this was a good deal.

They needed help badly in their LB corps, Stallworth was in his contract year, wasn't exactly distancing himself from Devery Henderson for the #2 slot, and this opens up an additional spot for the bevy of young receivers like Mike Haas who were fighting hard to make it to the final roster.

I just hope that Devery can make the most of this, as I'd been predicting him to be a potential breakout receiver ever since the Saints drafted him out of LSU.

Since when does an old fat guy represent 'pretty much everyone' in the NFL?

Guest Princess Leena

Yeesh. The Raiders are hopeless.

Just start Andrew Walter and be done with it. The team blows anyway.

Bill Simmon's article

2:10 -- We were a little worried about rain today, but we just passed a herd of cows, all of whom were standing. According to Chip, if cows are lying down, that means rain is coming. If they're standing, you're OK. These are the things you learn in Wisconsin. Twenty-five miles to go.

Sadly, that is a somewhat true statement. Alot of farmers say that around here.

Heh, the strip club bit near the end of the column almost made me gag on my water.

Also, pocketing grass from Lambeau sounds like some spooky "ECW mutant dipping his ticket in Terry Funk's blood" shit.

Awesome trade, I imagine that Pinkston is likely going to be cut due to this.

If Pinkston's still on PUP or IR, he won't get cut.

If he's an active player by the time the roster cuts are announced, though, I think he's screwed.

Here's how I'm seeing the Eagles WR core (no particular order):

1 - Reggie Brown

2 - Donte Stallworth

3 - Jason Avant (just used a draft pick on him)

4 - Darnarien McCants (mainly for special teams)

5 - Greg Lewis / Jabar Gaffney (keep one, cut the other)

Todd Pinkston - IR

Jeremy Bloom - IR or cut

Guest Vitamin X

Like either one of those turnovers were his fault.

But man, Cincy still looks like a title contender. Look at the difference between the two offensive lines.

Come on Pack, get me a birthday present.

Also, man ESPN sucks in their coverage. Theismann talks way too much and they harp on the same thing way too much and over a long period of time. I'm about ready to hit the mute button.

Im asking, "With that around him, why did he come back?". I wasn't knocking Favre directly, although the man just isn't as capable at producing magic as he once was.

Come on Pack, get me a birthday present.

Yeah, that must be fun having your bday fall right in the middle of the preseason

Guest Vitamin X

Im asking, "With that around him, why did he come back?". I wasn't knocking Favre directly, although the man just isn't as capable at producing magic as he once was.

Oh, I understand, but the thing is, minus Javon Walker and the two starting guards, this is basically the same offense that only a couple seasons ago consistently ranked in the top 5 of the league in all offensive categories. I mean, noone expected Green Bay to win a Super Bowl last year, but 4-12 was pretty damn disappointing considering not much had changed with the team, and you'd expect the youngsters to have stepped up.

Ah well, Aaron Rodgers is looking good in preseason so far also, so I'm ready for what awaits post-Favre. I think the defense is, ironically, now the strong part of Green Bay's team, after being an offensive-minded team for most of the Favre era after Reggie White.

Yeah, that must be fun having your bday fall right in the middle of the preseason

You're tellin' me!

The Bengals are molesting the Packers right now, and Palmer looks like he could be an MVP candidate again.