TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

This is the NFL Preseason Thread

Guest Vitamin X

Hey, Deion Branch might like it in Green Bay. I'm not too comfortable with the whole Robert Ferguson/Rod Gardner deal starting opposite of Donald Driver.

I thought Jerry Rice retired a couple of years ago.

EDIT: Or maybe just last year, before the season. Moral of the story: I didn't think he was in a position to retire right now.

He did retire during Broncos camp last year, but due to the horrible management who runs the niners they couldn't do the one day contract so they had to wait until this year.

Hey, Deion Branch might like it in Green Bay. I'm not too comfortable with the whole Robert Ferguson/Rod Gardner deal starting opposite of Donald Driver.

As a Packer fan, I would be very happy with Deion wearing Green and Yellow.

Wow, same old predictable Eagles Offense...

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

(oh yeah we have a RB)Playaction Pass

Run

Pass

INT

They never threw an INT... But Dawkins picked off Big Ben.

They are more or else trying to get their recievers ready for the regular season and are doing battle positions for the #2 and #3 WR positions.

Branch will be in a Falcons jersey before the week is over. I just know my Falcons wouldn't pass up the chance to pick up someone like Branch.

...even if we really shouldn't. v_v

Makes no sense considering they picked up Lelie, and already have #1 and #2 WR's.

If they really wanna make a statement that this team can win an SB, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a trade for Branch.

Vick has troubles finding his 1st 2 recievers, how you think Branch is going to like going to a team where he will likely get 20 reception for the season? It's a dumb move considering they already have Lelie as their #3 WR(Or really their #4 WR, considering Crumpler is the #1 recieving option for Vick), where does Branch fit in this? No where at all.

What's the deal with Branch and the Pats to begin with? Why is he so upset? He was Brady's #1 target... of the WRs anyways.

He's only getting paid 1 million this year. He deverses more then 1 million IMO, he played a huge part in the Patroits offense for awhile now, and even won a Superbowl MVP.

Guest Princess Leena
If they really wanna make a statement that this team can win an SB, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a trade for Branch.

Branch would easily be their best WR... but, then you'd have 3 "speed, deep threat" receivers with Roddy and Lelie there.

I really doubt NE is gonna let him go, however.

What's the deal with Branch and the Pats to begin with? Why is he so upset? He was Brady's #1 target... of the WRs anyways.

It's rumored that the Patriots have offered him 3 years at $19M, but his agent wants a ridiculous contract like Randle-El and Reggie Wayne got, which isn't something the Patriots are going to do (they didn't do it for Seymour, they didn't overpay to resign Vinatieri, they even didn't do it for Brady).

This is the Patriots telling Branch and his agent "So you think you're worth more than what we're offering? Prove it."

Yeah I just wanted to confirm it was purely a contractual situation, because some people have been blowing it up like Deion Branch was the T.O. to NE's Philadelphia.

And Branch can't exactly "prove" it. It takes a coach to draw up a play where the potential for a pass to Branch is there, and it takes a QB to throw the ball his way. Branch can't just impede on the other WRs' routes and grab their balls. So if the Patriots wants Branch to prove his worth their way, then yeah, Branch might as well just leave.

And Branch can't exactly "prove" it. It takes a coach to draw up a play where the potential for a pass to Branch is there, and it takes a QB to throw the ball his way. Branch can't just impede on the other WRs' routes and grab their balls. So if the Patriots wants Branch to prove his worth their way, then yeah, Branch might as well just leave.

I mean prove it on the open market. If he's worth Reggie Wayne money, there has to be a team that would give up a 1st or 2nd round pick to get him. Branch is a pretty good player, but he'd probably end up like Peerless Price if he goes to another team.

Guest Princess Leena

No way. Branch is miles better than Peerless. He knows how to run routes.

I don't think it's that bad. Peerless played with the benefit of Eric Moulds on the other side. Branch probably wouldn't be the undisputed #1 anywhere else, but I can see him being a good #2 WR for a team in need of a final push to the playoffs.

Branch would easily be their best WR... but, then you'd have 3 "speed, deep threat" receivers with Roddy and Lelie there.

I really doubt NE is gonna let him go, however.

Yeah, but right now Atlanta for better or worse does need an actual player like Branch, and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they go after him. However, I agree that NE wouldn't let him go and rather have him sit out till they really need to move him to a desperate team.

*shrugs* As for affording a contract for him, I'm not sure of our cap for this season as to where we stand, but I'm willing to bet we could come up with something that would work if we really wanted him. And personally, I could see them wanting a real WR there. In no way shall it happen, cause as Leena says, NE won't let him go and frankly even I know we'd hafta give up a first to aquire him (and I know Atlanta isn't willing to do that). But I wouldn't be surprised if they did go after him because frankly would you trust any of these speed threats as your #1 guy? I wouldn't if I was a GM or a coach.

For what Branch wants, if Atlanta gets him, they'd have to pay him a lot of money just to run routes only for Vick to take off. Once Atlanta decides to use Matt Schaub or to change the offense so that Vick can make his passes from a shorter range, then Branch would be a sensible pickup.

For what Branch wants, if Atlanta gets him, they'd have to pay him a lot of money just to run routes only for Vick to take off. Once Atlanta decides to use Matt Schaub or to change the offense so that Vick can make his passes from a shorter range, then Branch would be a sensible pickup.

Stop all this Branch going to ATL talks. It's not going to happen...

They didn't trade TJ Duckett, to get Ashley Lelie for nothing. Lightning Flik is just day dreaming. The Falcons want to keep on developing their 2 young WR's, and they brought in Lelie to be their 3rd option. But in reality, Lelie is the #4 option as Crumpler is the best recieving threat for the Falcons. Where does that leave Branch?

C'mon people, use common sense.