TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

This is the NFL Preseason Thread

The coach wasn't impressed with either of them in training camp, which is why they were placed on the third string and will stay there until they change their attitude. Atleast Mike Williams has attempted to get his weight under control, there was serious talk that he may have to move to tight end.

But I thought Mike Williams was the next Randy Moss? That was said so many times during his final college season and when he was drafted.

Who the fuck said he was the next Randy Moss? Because he's nothing like Randy Moss. He isn't an explosive WR like Moss is. If anything Mike Williams would've drawn comparisons to Terrell Owens because of their size.

I always thought Williams was too big to play WR, and I think he would be much suited as a TE.

I think the Skins can still be a playoff team with Betts. The offense is good enough, and I've never been a big Portis backer anyway. The question mark is Brunell. They absolutely cannot lose him.

Well I won't disagree with you on the QB situation yet, but Jason Campbell has the goods, he is just raw, but he examplifies everything an NFL QB should have, the arm, the pocket awareness, the presence, and the ability to read the defense. He isn't ready to captain a team that is trying to make a deep playoff run, but I am pretty sure if the Skins were a .500 club, or at least if the coaches thought so, then Campbell would be the opening day starter. One thing is apparent and it is Tod Collins has no business as the backup, he should be on the roster strictly to tutor Brunell and Campbell about the inner workings of Saunders System. Gibbs has already said Campbell is coming in after Brunell against the Jets and I wouldn't be suprised if no later then Week 3 of the Preseason, Campbell will be getting reps with the starters. He is not quite ready to start, but trust me, he is getting there.

The coach wasn't impressed with either of them in training camp, which is why they were placed on the third string and will stay there until they change their attitude. Atleast Mike Williams has attempted to get his weight under control, there was serious talk that he may have to move to tight end.

But I thought Mike Williams was the next Randy Moss? That was said so many times during his final college season and when he was drafted.

Who the fuck said he was the next Randy Moss? Because he's nothing like Randy Moss.

I seem to recall hearing something like that from Kiper. Maybe it was someone else though.

Guest Smues

At the begining of the MNF broadcast they played the "Tony Tony!" music from Kornheiser's radio show. Awesome.

Guest Princess Leena

Yes, he went to USC.

Guest Smues
Ugh, I don't like where they keep the score box on the "new" MNF.

I agree. If they're gonna put it there in the middle at the bottom I wish they'd go all the way to the bottom and not leave a gap.

Who the fuck said he was the next Randy Moss? Because he's nothing like Randy Moss.

I seem to recall hearing something like that from Kiper. Maybe it was someone else though.

Yeah it was Kiper.

He has weight problems? I guess I just don't keep up with my Lions football(wait who does?). I didn't know he had weight problems. I didn't know WRs ever had weight problems. I figured with all the running that they kept the weight off.

This game doesn't seem like it'll be to good.

I thought Robert Gallery was supposed to be like a huge star and unbeatable lineman? Is he even that great?

I like Udeze(is that how you spell it?). He looks like he's in way better shape than he was in college. Help me USC fans, I seem to recall him having a little bit of a paunch and I don't remember his arms being that jacked.

That's what the average joe blow who wants to lose weight needs....an NFL strength and conditioning coach to be their trainer.

Between that and the Vikings new uniforms, I don't like what I'm seeing

And thanks to ESPN sticking Theisman in the MNF booth, I don't like what I'm hearing either

Brad Johnson looks decent when there is absolutely no pass rush, but then again most NFL QBs do. He won't have that luxury on Sept. 11th when Greg Williams is throwing blitzes at him every-which-way!!!

Note to self: Do not, unless he's the only one left on the board, draft Aaron Brooks. He has looked like absolute crap so far.

With Randy Moss on his team why would'nt you consider Brooks in round 9?

Note to self: Do not, unless he's the only one left on the board, draft Aaron Brooks. He has looked like absolute crap so far.

With Randy Moss on his team why would'nt you consider Brooks in round 9?

He has to be able to get the ball within 5 yards of Moss first.

*watches the deep in to Moss for 15*

About time.

I wasn't paying attention to the game because its not that interesting but did they just say Leinart signed with Arizona?

I wasn't paying attention to the game because its not that interesting but did they just say Leinart signed with Arizona?

Yeah

6 years, 6.75 mil average, 14 mil guaranteed, 50.8 mil maximum.

Agreed. There's a reason stations put logos/scoreboards/etc. in the corners - it's out of the way of the action and not distracting. This MNF scoreboard is literally on top of the action. It lays over the players between plays, it's on top of the action during plays, it's just too distracting. Fans have been trained to look in the corner of the screen, too, which makes it even more out of place on the bottom center.

"Dr Z" at cnnsi.com is apparently of the opinion that Brett Favre is one bad season away from not being a first-ballot hall of famer.

He might retire with more TD passes than anyone in history of the NFL and he's not a first ballot HoF?

"Dr Z" at cnnsi.com is apparently of the opinion that Brett Favre is one bad season away from not being a first-ballot hall of famer.

He might retire with more TD passes than anyone in history of the NFL and he's not a first ballot HoF?

Using Dr. Z's theory, Jordan isn't a first ballot because of his tenure in Washington.

Wait, Dr. Z makes Chryslers AND writes a sports column? What does a German guy know about American sports anyway?

Nothing.

I recently heard an interview with "Dr. Z" and he came off as completely clueless. The hosts asked him what he thought about Philip Rivers and his response was, "to be honest, I've never seen Philip Rivers play but I doubt he's good enough to replace a Pro Bowler like Drew Brees." That was his response to a variety of topics, he based all of his "analysis" off of assumptions. He has as much credibility as Trey Wingo when it comes to football.

For those of you who thought Lee Suggs was gonna be a Jet, he failed his physical so the trade of Suggs for Strait is now null and void.

And with that, don't think the Browns can trade him for anyone now.