TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

This is the NFL Preseason Thread

Derrick Blaylock was an ok backup for Priest Holmes a few years ago, but he isn't a feature back. The Jets should consider trying to acquire Chris Brown or Thomas Jones or something.

Additionally, the Vikes first round pick (Chad Greenway?) supposedly tore his ACL on a punt return.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

No way the Bears will trade Jones. Benson's unproven and questionable due to injury, and Peterson, while capable, is not a starter on any team.

I was unaware that Benson had never been hit at Texas. He made it through 4 years in college without ever getting hit. In the NFL he seems to get broken anytime anyone touches him.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being an injury-ridden total bust. They don't especially have good luck when it comes to first round RBs.

Dammit, Shawn Springs had surgery and is expected to be out 3-4 weeks. At least it looks like he will be ready for Week 1...

Guest Princess Leena
Derrick Blaylock was an ok backup for Priest Holmes a few years ago, but he isn't a feature back. The Jets should consider trying to acquire Chris Brown or Thomas Jones or something.

Additionally, the Vikes first round pick (Chad Greenway?) supposedly tore his ACL on a punt return.

Jones ain't being traded. Chris Brown is unlikely because the Jets would have to give up draft picks for him. It's not worth it since the Jets will be horrid this year, no matter what. Other than that, there's nothing better than Houston/Blaylock available.

Houston did a solid job in the last few games of the season. I say give him the shot. And Blaylock was an effective backup in KC. Use him in 3rd downs, or whatever.

The Jets did acquire Lee Suggs for CB Derrick Strait though I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Suggs is over a Cedric Houston.

I guess you missed the last page where it was revealed that the deal fell through because Suggs failed his physical.

Guest Vitamin X
Yeah, Greenway is officially out for the season.

Awesome.

Every time a Minnesota Viking gets injured, an angel gets its wings.

Yeah, Greenway is officially out for the season.

Awesome.

Every time a Minnesota Viking gets injured, an angel gets its wings.

The Packers are still going to finish last in the divison.

Guest Vitamin X

Taco played for Green Bay last year (as did every other shitty WR trying to make the third string somewhere in the NFL).

Who the hell gets the idea to name their kid that.

Guest Princess Leena

Taco's been a fixture on my "take the worst players in the league and put them on one team for a challenge" Madden franchises for the last few years. Go Mighty Taco.

And so much for the stories of Koren straightening his life up...

Guest Princess Leena

Heh... I have Portis and Koren on another team as well. I was able to pick up both their backups on waivers, though. Yay.

Dammit, Shawn Springs had surgery and is expected to be out 3-4 weeks. At least it looks like he will be ready for Week 1...

From the reports I heard, Springs could be out for 6 weeks, and not be in the season opener.

Wow, the new Cardinals stadium in Glendale has to be the most phenomenal looking stadium in all of American sports. Its spectacular.

Alot of the new NFL stadiums look amazing.

Dallas Cowboys

cow850.jpg

cow851.jpg

Indianapolis Colts

colts100.jpg

coltsmain.jpg

New Dallas Cowboys' stadium will have a maximum capacity of 100,000