TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest messiahtype

Who are some of Vince's favorite superstars..

Guest messiahtype

without in ring work being a factor.

hogan-allowed him to expand to a national level

austin-made the most money

andre-has andre memoribilia stashed away somewhere. and a big pic of him in his stamford office(i believe)

hbk-let me basically do whatever he wanted. refuse jobs, bury peers, giving discreet locations so he could bone sunny. thoughts?

Obviously HHH

John Cena

Undertaker - For being loyal and not jumping to WCW

Basically any wrestler who didn't jump ship to WCW in the 90's when WWF was about to crash

I still think Vince loves Bret like his son despite the screw job.

Obviously HHH

John Cena

Undertaker - For being loyal and not jumping to WCW

Basically any wrestler who didn't jump ship to WCW in the 90's when WWF was about to crash

I still think Vince loves Bret like his son despite the screw job.

That sums up this thread. Those who didn't jump to WCW when WWE was going through a tough period has a special place in McMahon's heart. I also agree with the Bret statement...deep down I truly think McMahon really likes Hart...

Guest NYankees

Yeah and the Undertaker wouldn't leave because he couldn't use that gimmick in WcW.

Back in the 80s, McMahon used to hang out with Hulk Hogan a lot in social situations. You know doing coke, drinking beers, womanizing, etc.

I know that he now spends a lot of time with Hunter these days, and thinks of him like a son.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head that were his favorite on a personal level. As far as wrestlers he marked for, you can throw in Billy Graham and Andre.

Guest JustPassinBy

Undertaker could have never gotten over in WCW.

His whole persona is his gimmick.

Razor Ramon could make the transition to Scott Hall.

Undertake could not have made the transition to Mark Calloway.

On the other hand, the Undertaker gimmick, at least on the surface, is a shitty gimmick. He was booked strongly, but was also a good talker and a great worker (at least for his size). He was a good prospect before he even came to WWF, so I'd give him an above average chance at succeeding in WCW. If nothing else, they could have called him the Gravedigger or something like that and just totally kept the gimmick intact.

Guest Jack Potts

The Fabulous Moolah.

Although after watching "Lipsticks & Dynamite," the documentary about female wrestlers, I think Moolah liked Vince's father more than she cares for Vince.

Vince and Moolah definitely seem cut from the same cloth in terms of their ruthless approach to business.

If nothing else, they could have called him the Gravedigger or something like that and just totally kept the gimmick intact.

no, WCW got in trouble for that with Scott Hall using Razor Ramon mannerisms. (movements, accent, phrases)

I love how it's being made out to be that Undertaker stayed totally loyal to the WWF during the black period. Whatever. He was set to jump to WCW and take one of Ted Turner's huge paychecks before he found out he couldn't use the Deadman gimmick in WCW.

Guest JustPassinBy

On the other hand, the Undertaker gimmick, at least on the surface, is a shitty gimmick. He was booked strongly, but was also a good talker and a great worker (at least for his size).

I dont remember Undertaker even being a very good talker. When he was BikerTaker, I thought his promos sucked.

Now, he might have been better in WCW when he was Mean Mark, but I never thought his mic skills were very good in the WWF.

I'd say guys like Sgt. Slaughter and Pat Patterson, obviously. Probably Superfly Snuka and the whole Samoan Family ( Afa, Sika, Rock...are they all related somehow ? )

Randy Sava........oh.

I'd say guys like Sgt. Slaughter and Pat Patterson, obviously. Probably Superfly Snuka and the whole Samoan Family ( Afa, Sika, Rock...are they all related somehow ? )

Randy Sava........oh.

Didn't he get Snuka out of a murder charge? I guess Vince does like him a lot.

Probably Superfly Snuka and the whole Samoan Family ( Afa, Sika, Rock...are they all related somehow ? )

Rock, Afa, Snuka, Rosey, Jamel, Rikishi, they are all related. I think there might be some more in there but that's what I remember. They are the largest family in wrestling, or so it seems.

The Fabulous Moolah.

Although after watching "Lipsticks & Dynamite," the documentary about female wrestlers, I think Moolah liked Vince's father more than she cares for Vince.

Vince and Moolah definitely seem cut from the same cloth in terms of their ruthless approach to business.

Can you enlighten a young fan on Moolah's approach to the business?

Probably Superfly Snuka and the whole Samoan Family ( Afa, Sika, Rock...are they all related somehow ? )

Rock, Afa, Snuka, Rosey, Jamel, Rikishi, they are all related. I think there might be some more in there but that's what I remember. They are the largest family in wrestling, or so it seems.

The Wild Samoan site has profiles on everyone in the family and as I recall it used to have a huge description of the family tree.