TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheShooter

Killer of Jonbenet Ramsy arrested

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20060816/D8JHOTB80.html

I really thought the mother did it and took her secret to the grave. I mean more than one handwriting expert concluded that there was like a 99.9% chance she wrote the ransom letter. I am glad to see this mystery has finally been solved, though. Anybody know if Georgia has the death penalty?

So, when will Nicole Brown Simpson's killer be apprehended?

Guest Princess Leena

Sign me up, too. I still find it hard to believe that one of the parents' didn't know this was going on.

Attn: Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Re: GOLD

Oddly enough, the syndicated episode of South Park that aired about an hour ago was the one with her parents after Butters was supposedly killed and they were blaming it on the Puerto Rican..

I think a lot of you are going to have to give up your conspiracies soon:

(Copied from Drudge Report):

Suspect Admits Killing JonBenet Ramsey

Aug 17 4:30 AM US/Eastern

Email this story

By SUTIN WANNABOVORN

Associated Press Writer

BANGKOK, Thailand

The American suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case said publicly Thursday he was with the 6-year-old when she died and called her death "an accident," a stunning admission that will help answer 10 years of questions in the unsolved murder case.

"I was with JonBenet when she died," John Mark Karr told reporters in Bangkok, visibly nervous and stuttering as he spoke. "Her death was an accident."

Police said Karr, 41, admitted to the killing after he was arrested Wednesday at his downtown Bangkok apartment by Thai and American authorities.

Karr will be taken to Colorado within the next week where he will face charges of murder, kidnapping and child sexual assault, Ann Hurst, Department of Homeland Security attache at the American Embassy in Bangkok, said at a news conference in Bangkok.

Karr, speaking to reporters after the news conference, declined to say what his connection was to the Ramsey family or how long he had known JonBenet. Wearing a blue, short-sleeved shirt, he appeared ashen with an expressionless look on his face.

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of the family's home in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996.

The image of blonde-haired little JonBenet in a cowgirl costume and other beauty pageant outfits has haunted TV talk shows ever since, helping feed myriad theories about her killer, and the case became one of the most sensational unsolved murder cases in the nation.

Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul said U.S. authorities informed Thai police on Aug. 11 that an arrest warrant had been issued for Karr on charges of premeditated murder. The warrant was sent to Thai police on Wednesday.

At the press conference, Suwat said Karr insisted after his arrest that his crime was not first-degree murder. "He said it was second- degree murder. He said it was unintentional. He said he was in love with the child. She was a pageant queen," Suwat said.

The Thai officer quoted the suspect as saying he tried to kidnap JonBenet for a $118,000 ransom but that his plan went awry and he strangled her to death. Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, reported finding a ransom note in the house demanding $118,000 for her daughter.

Hurst said Karr has been "very cooperative" with authorities and that he's shown a "variety of emotions." She said he has been a suspect "for a while" but wouldn't specify how long.

Suwat said Karr arrived in Bangkok on June 6 from Malaysia to look for a teaching job. It was not clear whether he had gotten a job, the police officer said.

an accident?

In other words, he knows the authorities have the goods on him and is now trying to get a lesser sentance.

Rot in hell fuckbag!!!!!

the parents thing is one of those things people seem to irrationally stick to. there were some oddities that might make them suspects, but never anything that screamed at me. At this point, they caught a guy, who apparently has some history of this stuff with girls, who confesses to it, and people still thik it was the parents? lol... that is what I call irrational.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the parents had some connection to this guy, no matter how minor. Not saying they were culpable, but how does a guy who lives in Georgia end up at the home of complete strangers in Colorado and murder their daughter, with no signs of forced entry into the house?

Why do people keep saying that there was no evidence of an intruder? There was quite a bit,

starting with the basement window which had signs of being used for entry. There was a suitcase set up under it to use as a "boost" to clumb back out. Bootprints outside that window. Foreign Bootprints inside the house. Stun gun marks on her body. DNA evidence that doesn't match any of the family?

There's all sorts of other little evidence around the open/broken window as well, like scuff marks, and debris from other parts of the basement around that window.

Practically all the physical evidence points to someone coming in through the basement window and leaving that way.

I think it's obvious that, presuming this Karr guy really did have something to do with the murder, the parents at least:

a.) were complicit in the murder

b.) Dude had a key or something or knew some secret way to get into their house without busting down a window or door or something.

There's also a chance that this guy is just a nutjob and didn't actually commit the murder. His ex-wife is saying that he was with her on Dec. 25th, 1995. He also was doing heavy research on this case and other child murder cases. Maybe he got super-obsessed and went crazy and imagined that he did it. The last article I read had a quote from him saying that it was a crime of love and that he was in love with her and all this stuff, so, clearly there's a chance that he's just completely insane.

Something's fishy either way.

What I never got was this...Wasn't this girl basically the parents' meal ticket, more or less? What rational motive could there have really been for them to kill her?

Also, as far as this guy's connection to the family, it sounds like he had been a teacher at Jon Benet's school. I could have misunderstood something, but he lived in the area. That's the "connection to the parents" some of you keep harping on.

There's still some stuff up in the air, and maybe the guy ends up just being some nut job, but some of you sure love to grasp at your wild conspiracy theories, don't you? viva, how is it obvious that "The parents were complicit in the murder, or that he had a key or knew a secret way in?" What are you basing that on, other than wild ideas in your head?

I certainly think its possible that the parents were involved, but there is LOTS of physical evidence pointing to an intruder, as I mentioned before.

The statement that there is no evidence of an intruder is FALSE, most likely derived from those initial days of the media frenzy when the Boulder police was fucking everything up and the media went along for the ride.

Why do people keep saying that there was no evidence of an intruder? There was quite a bit,

starting with the basement window which had signs of being used for entry. There was a suitcase set up under it to use as a "boost" to clumb back out. Bootprints outside that window. Foreign Bootprints inside the house. Stun gun marks on her body. DNA evidence that doesn't match any of the family?

There's all sorts of other little evidence around the open/broken window as well, like scuff marks, and debris from other parts of the basement around that window.

Practically all the physical evidence points to someone coming in through the basement window and leaving that way.

I have heard that there were spiderwebs that looked "undisturbed" on the window, and no bootprints in the snow.