TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest InuYasha

The OAO Post-SummerSlam RAW for 8/21/06

Guest InuYasha

After the party ends

August 21, 2006

What will be the fallout from SummerSlam? Who will be WWE Champion? On RAW, John Cena unleashed a fury so violent that he had to be suppressed by security guards to keep him from tearing the head off of the WWE Champion Edge. Can he bring that same rage into his match with the Rated R Superstar at SummerSlam? Does Edge have an answer for Cena’s intensity?

Can Hulk Hogan avoid being another legend killed by Randy Orton at SummerSlam? After a very public war of words between Hogan and Orton, the Hulkster has a lot of anger fueling him in this match. Orton has shown Hogan and the entire Hogan family no respect, which is something that Hulkamania has always stood for. Can the WWE Hall of Famer teach the brash, young Superstar a lesson, or will he fall victim to Orton’s deadly RKO?

Will the McMahons attempt to use the divide and conquer method that has worked so well on DX the past few weeks? At one point, the McMahons could have been written out of this match, but with their string of victories, and with the resources available to recruit some hired help, they’ve gone from no chance to contenders. Do Triple H and Shawn Michaels have a strategy of their own? Can DX use the Biggest Party of the Summer to bury the most influential entities in sports-entertainment?

The “I Quit” Match between Ric Flair and Mick Foley will undoubtedly be a slugfest. Neither Superstar wants to succumb to the other, and for one of them to say “I Quit” will take more pain and blood than either has ever given in a match. Who will emerge victorious? Who will be forced to utter the words “I Quit?”

So, what's going to go down tomorrow night? DX will probably take center stage, but the "I Quit" Match will probably also take a large part of the show's fallout. Edge and Hogan's wins will undoubtedly affect the show, as well. Finally, we have the return of Jeff Hardy. How will the average wrestling fans receive him?

Jeff Hardy will either elicit one of the biggest pops of the night or the crowd will totally sit on their hands.

Foley will have to explain the whole logical and simplistic reasoning out for those who are afraid of actually paying attention to detail and figuring it out on their own. They need to be forced fed everything anyways.

Guest JustPassinBy

Putting Melina over in a feud between two legends really leaves a bad impression on the viewer.

Foley vs Flair---built in feud/backstory-- been built for 12 yrs...legends...These two need no other external factors/motivation.

Just completely retarded booking.

I'm left thinking that the WWE is panicking without Trish, and has to start putting over the next 'trish'---Melina. I understand that thought, but it should not have come in this match.

If you put Melina over, let it be by Edge kicking Lita to the curve and picking up Melina.

But honestly, let these valets help put people over that need it.

Flair-Foley needed nothing.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Updated preview:

Now that the party is over...

At SummerSlam, Edge retained his WWE Championship when he slammed challenger John Cena in the back of the head with a pair of brass knuckles that were given to him by Lita. When Edge left the ring holding his WWE Championship proudly, Cena was visibly woozy and looked unsure of what just took place. Now that he's had some time to comprehend just how badly he was screwed by Edge, will Cena have anything to say about it?

DX took on every "resource" that the McMahons threw at them at SummerSlam. By enlisting Kane's help to take care of the undefeated "Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga, they were able to fend off the other superstars that took the McMahons up on their offer. What will "The Chairman" do on Raw now that DX is still standing stronger than ever? With the impressive win, have Triple H and HBK regained control in their rivalry with Mr. McMahon?

While Kane wasn't in action at SummerSlam, he will be on Raw. After defeating Shelton Benjamin to become the No.1 contender to Johnny Nitro's Intercontinental Championship two weeks ago on Raw, Kane will step into the ring with Nitro on Raw. Can "The Big Red Monster" be the one to strip Nitro of his championship?

Both Mick Foley and Ric Flair were left beaten and ravaged after their "I Quit" Match at SummerSlam. But, with Flair emerging victorious after Foley said "I Quit" to spare his friend Melina from being hit with a barbed wire baseball bat, will the "Hardcore Legend" have anything to say to his arch nemesis? Will he finally give the "Nature Boy" the respect he refused to give him before their epic encounter at SummerSlam?

Randy Orton came up short in his quest to kill the biggest legend in WWE history. After being defeated by Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam, has "The Legend Killer" been humbled? Did Hogan teach Orton that respect in WWE is something to be earned, not taken?

The only place you'll find the answers is on Raw, 9pm/8pm CT on the USA Network.

Maybe Kane will win the IC title and feud with Umaga over it. Or Umaga will interfere and they'll feud for the hell of it.

I endorse a Kane/Umaga IC program. It'll give 'em something to do, and help elevate the visibility of the title. Nitro and Benjamin and Carlito can be put in some kind of upper-card dealie for the rest of the fall, and be involved in whatever the ME is at Survivor Series, possibly in the Elimination Chamber if they keep up the New Year's Revolution trend of the last couple of years. Those three seriously need to be given some substantial pushes 'cause it's going to be hard to fill Ford Field with how things are going at this rate in regards to credible performers that can fill a massive card like Wrestlemania.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

The next four weeks of Raw will be building to Edge losing the title in his hometown, to John Cena, at Unforgiven. Yay.

The next four weeks of Raw will be building to Edge losing the title in his hometown, to John Cena, at Unforgiven. Yay.

Unfortunately I think you are correct. I just pray that the DX/McMahons feud is done with.

Fuck that. I'm hopeful now. Edge is gonna fuck that nigger up, and leave him with Lita's smell pussy imprinted all over his face. I mean if Cena can't even get a pop in his hometown, he can't really be a face champ right now, can he?

Edit: Note, I would have said "n*gga", but that's automatically changed to "teddy bear" on this forum, so I said "nigger" instead. I don't really have anything against African-Americans, but I do hate John Cena.

The Marine is coming out soon though, so they'll probably want to put the belt back on Cena. Also I can't think of any wrestlers who've actually gone over in their home town this year and that doesn't bode well for Edge with Unforgiven being in Toronto.

All I really want to see is the fallout between Flair and Foley, and why Mick decided to "quit" for Melina.

I'm hoping DX breaks up real soon, with either Hunter or HBK going to side with the McMahons or something... or just get The McMahons off TV for a while and have them go their separate ways.

Overall, last night was a real solid PPV, and hopefully they can keep it up with this edition of RAW.

I am waiting for the Nitro/Foley feud. This happens when Nitro gets extremely jealous of all the attention Melina has given to Foley and vows to destroy Foley and finally push him into retirement...

Guest Floridian Cool

What a SummerScam/SummerSham. That had to be the worst edition in years. The only time that I can remember feeling so dissatisfied with a SummerSlam in the past decade was 1999. I give Flair/Foley *** 1/2 max, and that was probably the match of the night. I enjoyed watching Cena lose, but the match was nothing special. Sabu/Show was fun, but I haven't seen Sabu fuck up so much since WWE signed him. Watching Hogan go over Orton was painful and an insult to my intelligence. Vince has no grapefruits. Mr. Kennedy, Shelton, Carlito and RVD all could have helped this card out immensely.

Cena can't even get a babyface reaction in his own hometown, time to turn him heel.

What a SummerScam/SummerSham. That had to be the worst edition in years. The only time that I can remember feeling so dissatisfied with a SummerSlam in the past decade was 1999. I give Flair/Foley *** 1/2 max, and that was probably the match of the night. I enjoyed watching Cena lose, but the match was nothing special. Sabu/Show was fun, but I haven't seen Sabu fuck up so much since WWE signed him. Watching Hogan go over Orton was painful and an insult to my intelligence. Vince has no grapefruits. Mr. Kennedy, Shelton, Carlito and RVD all could have helped this card out immensely.

Cena can't even get a babyface reaction in his own hometown, time to turn him heel.

I agree, it is time to turn Cena heel. He tried to come back and win, and he still lost, so what should he do now? Fucking go heel.

I thought the show was much more solid than what I was expecting. I was expecting a shit fest, and I got something much better out of it. Foley and Flair stole the show, and I can only hope that this fued will continue. The main event was nice as well.

As far as Show and Sabu goes... I really don't think that you need to put the blame on Sabu alone... There were a few spots that Show was just as much at blame as Sabu. It was a sloppy match, but it got the job done.

And JBL was the highlight of my night. Man does he play the perfect heel announcer.

WWE has two big angles planned for tonight's Raw, live from Bridgeport, CT.

Tonight's show is at the Arena at Harbor Yard, which is right on the shore of the Long Island Sound. WWE plans to air a fight scene between John Cena and Edge live at one of the piers with the plan being that at least one of them ends up in the water. It's supposed to air after 10:30.

Also, tonight is scheduled to be Mick Foley's last show for a while according to what he was telling people at the PPV yesterday. There was talk of him doing a "join the kiss my ass club" angle tonight with Vince McMahon and Melina turning on Mick, presumably for being a "quitter and a loser".

As of last week, they were also scheduled to do pre-tapes with some of the divas around the water as well

WWE has two big angles planned for tonight's Raw, live from Bridgeport, CT.

Tonight's show is at the Arena at Harbor Yard, which is right on the shore of the Long Island Sound. WWE plans to air a fight scene between John Cena and Edge live at one of the piers with the plan being that at least one of them ends up in the water. It's supposed to air after 10:30.

Also, tonight is scheduled to be Mick Foley's last show for a while according to what he was telling people at the PPV yesterday. There was talk of him doing a "join the kiss my ass club" angle tonight with Vince McMahon and Melina turning on Mick, presumably for being a "quitter and a loser".

As of last week, they were also scheduled to do pre-tapes with some of the divas around the water as well

More of Vince's ass? I'm not watching.

So did HBK sell his arm really well last night or was he injured?

I think he actually had some sort of injury, but nothing too serious. He was hobbling around after the match and his celebration was half-hearted. I noticed Chioda put up the Dreaded X Sign of Injury after he talked with Michaels following the match.