TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

ECW did run a PPV in Georgia once before though, I believe it was Wrestlepalooza 1998. It's an arbitrary and odd place for this one however.

What bigger sheep are there than the ECW audience? No, really. I don't really recall too many instances of ECW fans reacting contrary to what Heyman was communicating. The fans shit on Dreamer early in his career, but that was the point of the angle. Dreamer was a "pretty boy" punk that was trying to earn their respect.

I'd even say the various WWE guys that have been crapped on were by design. Cena was fed to the lions at the PPV, but that was the whole point. Ditto Orton. Batista is the only guy that was sent there that made no sense. The fans crapped on him but it runs contrary to what we see every week on SD. Fans on Raw already boo Cena on a 50/50 basis. Orton is a heel anyway. But Batista is supposed to be a monster that is wildly over with the fans on SD....and they sent him to ECW to get ridiculed?

In WWE's mind, Batista should have been over enough with a pro-ecw crowd. If this took place at a regular ECW TV taping outside of NYC...the reaction would obviously been different. Im entirely convinced someone purposely placed Batista in NYC with full knowledge that they would shit on Batista to the point it'd ruin Vince's favor with that venue.

Every month the show is getting closer and theyve only introduced a couple of new guys. Losing Angle is just another backward step. If you take a look at their roster most guys are perennial jobbers and/or still doing dark matches. The scifi show features more wrestling than raw but they only feature about a half dozen guys as non-jobbers. I hope Al Snow didnt come out of retirement to be laying down for guys just like he did 10 years ago. That's only about 3-4 matchups that are marketable but we've seen most of those combinations on tv anyway.

So what are they going to do?

What bigger sheep are there than the ECW audience? No, really. I don't really recall too many instances of ECW fans reacting contrary to what Heyman was communicating.

Four words: World Champion Justin Credible.

But seriously, the ECW fans aren't THAT mindless. Paul E. and his crew knew them so well that they could pretty much manipulate them however they wanted. But there have been plenty of instances where the fans shit on something that was supposed to get over.

they should start pluggin the ppv now and do it every week. But that wouldnt be allowed because it would take away from the 30 other ppvs that will happen before then.

Maybe they can finally have the Benoit/Malenko match by then.

Guest Connzilla

What the WWE should is start airing commercials in Augysta and its Surrounding area plugging this PPV and also go on a house show tour in the smaller towns a few miles away from Agusta like in October so if the people who go to these house show enjoy themsevles at the house shows will make the drive to Augusta for the PPV

I haven't seen the 60 minute draw, but it sounds like it was probably boring. As far as Justin Credible as world champ, I don't recall him getting totally shit on by the crowd. More or less he just had no heat either way.

I don't think Batista was sent there to get trashed to make Vince turn on the venue. It makes no sense, and besides Vince and Co. told Batista before the match he'd get dumped on. Honestly I think it was just a foolish decision that didn't do anyone any good. It hurt ECW in terms of what crowds they will work in front of now, and it also sabotaged SD's top guy.

Shane Douglas, while very charismatic, was no 60 minute man in his ECW days...but he was definitly obsessed with being Ric Flair. Tully was in fine condition in the 80's and could probably go 60 mins with relative ease...but 1994 saw an older, rusty, and (possibly most importantly)clean/sober Tully Blanchard. It was just a bad idea. I think they had a second, shorter match that was alright, iirc.

If Benoit does return, I could see him going to ECW at least for a little while.

Maybe in kayfabe they'll trade him for Angle.

Benoit needs to stay on SD. The main event is getting thin again without Angle or Henry and now with Mysterio going out for knee surgery soon.

They still won't push him. He'll probably be used to get over Kennedy...

IIRC, ECW's largest attendance was 6000 for Anarchy Rulz '99.

I'm not 100% on my old school ECW knowledge. I assumed "December to Dismember" was a knockoff name WWE created to be TOTAL-LEE HARDKORE D00D!!!!!~1(one)

Sadly, it was an actual name back in the day.

How wrong I was.

December to Dismember only "worked" because it followed November to Remember, and as a stand alone it's a terribly silly name. I rather they just called it "December to Remember".

I can't believe it will be a stand-alone PPV, especially with the cross brand Survivor Series only a couple weeks earlier. I expect certain issues to crop up at SS that will be settled at D2D.

Looking at the current ECW roster, I don't think you could make anything near a compelling card. Their money match would probably be RVD vs Big Show, but in reality I don't think anybody would care for it. IF ecw doesn't add another big name between now and then(I'm half expecting Chris Benoit to head to ecw), I might actually go for a Big Show vs CM Punk match to headline the show.

Guest Connzilla

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that tickets for ECW's "December to Dismember" PPV on December 3 in Augusta, GA at the Richmond County Civic Center goes on sale October 21. In what is very surprising move, tickets are only being listed at $20 for the show at this point.

I am kind of wondering if from here on out ECW-only PPVs, will be strictly booked according to how the weekly TV show sets them up, or if they will be booked like the One Night Stand and ECW-of-old PPVs, where you had your straight matches, and then there was always some stuff unexpected taking place.

I also wonder, after December to Dismember, when is the next ECW PPV, because right now I would say the current roster is good enough to put on an entertaining PPV, but then comes the second PPV, where it would seem virtually like the same exact guys, just mixed around a bit.

Guest Connzilla

I think they should crown tag champs at this PPV. so the F.B.I vs. someone for the tag straps so if I was the wwe i would have another Raw or Smackdown team lose to the F.B.I. and build them up as an unstopable team then have them beat a Team like lets say the Highlanders for the ECW Tag Starps at the ECW PPV. Thats what I would do.

I think it could be a mix. As in they have several matches featuring feuds on the weekly show but they might also bring in some other names from the past for the PPV.

The important thing is that the entire PPV needs to be Extreme Rules.

I just thought of a great match for the PPV the Sasbu-Mysterio rematch.

Mysterio is taking time off after the Chavo program to rest (if not get the surgery) for the knee that's been a problem since June.

ECW's PPV schedule for the next year looks like this:

November 26 = Survivor Series

December 3 = December to Dismember

January 28 = Royal Rumble

April 1 = WrestleMania

June 10 = One Night Stand

August 26 = SummerSlam

November 25 = Survivor Series

December 2 = December to Dismember?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
December to Dismember isn't confirmed for 2007 yet. It could bomb this year, if it's more like a "regular" WWE PPV, and not like the ONS PPVs. On the other hand, if it does really well, ECW could get more ECW-only PPVs in 2007.

This would be a great way for them to bring back the ECW TV and Tag titles.

I know it's not confirmed for 2007 since the WWE PPV schedule for 2006-07 was released about 2 weeks before Vince decided to revive ECW.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

You don't say...I wonder where they got the idea...

silentnightdeadleynight.jpg

You don't say...I wonder where they got the idea...

silentnightdeadleynight.jpg

And they've got next year covered too.

silent_night_deadly_night_2(1987).jpg

Just insert a cane over the gun.

As for the PPV, they can produce 90 minutes of original PPV footage and then pad out the other 90 with footage from this year's event.

Humor that only 1% of the board will get = $$$