TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Impact Thread - August/24th/2006.

TAG TEAM TITLE REMATCH: AJ STYLES & CHRISTOPHER DANIELS .VS. THE LAX

The bad blood between the NWA World Tag Team Champions and The Latin American Exchange is still far from over! As a result of the challenge last week, Styles and Daniels will defend the gold against The Latin American Exchange tonight in a Hard Justice rematch! This time, it will be a no disqualification "Border Brawl" between the two teams with the gold on the line! Can Styles and Daniels finally put down the challenge of The LAX, or will Konnan, Homicide, and Hernandez finally capture the championships? Tune in and find out!

WILL STING AGREE TO THE WORLD TITLE MATCH STIPULATION?

Sting wants a rematch for the NWA World Heavyweight Title at October's Bound For Glory, but will he agree to put his career on the line in order to get it? Tonight on Impact on SpikeTV we'll have more news on this huge challenge! Before Jarrett will agree to the bout, he wants a signed contract by Sting stating he will leave TNA if "The King of the Mountain" beats him at Bound For Glory. Will Jarrett get his way? Tune in tonight on SpikeTV to find out!

CHRISTIAN CAGE SPEAKS OUT ON HIS ACTIONS AT HARD JUSTICE!

Tonight on Impact on SpikeTV, Christian Cage will speak out on his actions at Hard Justice when he cost Sting a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship! What could have possibly made Cage do what he did at the epic event when he turned his back on Sting? What does Cage have planned next in TNA? Find out tonight on Impact.

THE NATURALS .VS. THE PAPARAZZI (SHELLEY & DEVINE)

Two of TNA's top tag teams will be in action tonight on SpikeTV as The Naturals face off against The Paparazzi of Alex Shelley and Johnny Devine! Can The Naturals continue their winning ways as they continue to climb the ladder of contention for an eventual tag team title shot? Or, will Shelley and Devine get another win to add to their highlight reel? Find out tonight!

Plus, Abyss .VS. Cassidy Riley

All this and much more tonight on Impact on SpikeTV, plus more news on the huge Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View event on Sunday, October 22nd!

Both tag matches look pretty good.

I'm looking forward to the Border Brawl the most.

The other match sounds good, plus a Christian promo, Sting, and an Abyss squash.

But where the fuck is Joe?

I'm looking forward to the Border Brawl the most.

The other match sounds good, plus a Christian promo, Sting, and an Abyss squash.

But where the fuck is Joe?

I just got back from a vacation in Florida, and the Border Brawl is pretty sweet. Joe only wrestled once at the taping, in the match against the Truth that aired last week.

That main event wasn't bad. Especially for a AJ styles match. LAX as tag champs= Greatness.

Mitchell telling off West was just awesome. So was Christian cage's promo. The rest was just filler.

What's the deal with So Cal Val? Is she stalking the Naturals?

I think the Naturals/Douglas mentor storyline sucks.

The Christian/Rhino promo was really good. I was actually expecting Rhino to turn his back after his chance to hit Christian, and then for Christian to attack him from behind. I thought it was really well-done, though.

Main event was decent. But why was Daniels fighting in a button-down shirt? At least Styles had the street fight jeans, taping, and cut t-shirt.

this sting - jarrett shit is boring as hell. and I know bound for glory is thier wrestlemaina but, they havent done any promotion for sacrafice. I like tna but sting hasent giving anybody a rub since he came in. This is bullshit. Good show last night.

this sting - jarrett shit is boring as hell. and I know bound for glory is thier wrestlemaina but, they havent done any promotion for sacrafice. I like tna but sting hasent giving anybody a rub since he came in. This is bullshit. Good show last night.

Remember what Meltzer said right before he came in, TNA was going to center the promotion around Sting for this year. That's been the plan from day one.

As for the Sting/JJ feud,it's not interesting but not in an awful way. To quote Jim Cornette "It's not insulting". I don't feel embarrass watching it. THere are two main event feuds going on up north that is insulting and one of them involves a dead person and his family. It's not on that level yet. Plus,I've seen worse feuds in TNA. If you can live through the sh!t that went on in early TNA,then this should be more pleasant.

The thing that gets me is that supposedly TNA is supposedly planning long term, and I have to think, if this was their long plan involving Sting, I will feel like I wasted all this time bothering with TNA.

Not if their long term goal is for Sting to lose to Christian or Joe. They have everything mapped out and this is probably the first time in the company history where they actually had a long term plan and follow through. If Russo was booking,Joe would be a 2 time World champion by now and Christian probably would as well.

As long as JJ is there, he will be a world title contender, that will never go away. Jarrett looks like he have another 10 years left in his body(always maintain good health). Unless Jarrett sells his stock, he's not going anywhere.

So Sting's coming back without facepaint or something?

Been there done that maybe they will have Sting do the mentor/manager thing for the lil stingers of Eric Young and James Storm :cheers:

I meant the fact Sting's big rub would be to Jarrett. Though that shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone. I just cannot envision a circumstance where Sting won at BFGII considering his contract'd have run out by December, I think. And if that's the case, his big job would be at BFGII, to Jarrett.

I meant the fact Sting's big rub would be to Jarrett. Though that shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone. I just cannot envision a circumstance where Sting won at BFGII considering his contract'd have run out by December, I think. And if that's the case, his big job would be at BFGII, to Jarrett.

This is why I choose take the whole Sting/JJ feud with little value and never thought it would be anything else. Sting whole mission since day 1 was to get rid of Jarrett.

I think TNA should forget about Bound For Glory being their "wrestlemania" since Slammiversary/Anniversary show been the big show since 2003. I think Bound For Glory should pick up where WCW left off and make BFG a "Halloween Havoc" type event. Halloween Havoc was WCW second biggest event(you can argue that SuperBrawl and Bash at the Beach) of the year too me. Imagine this, October 30,2007, the day before Halloween, Abyss wins the WORLD TITLE.

Is it me or does the LAX/Styles-Daniels feud feel like Taker/HBK feud from 97 in the sense that the feud have great heat and is not "suppose" to be the main attraction but is. The fact that the Ultimate X tag match is going on last(ala to Taker/HBK two In Your House matches) is an example of that. This have "Match of the Year" potential written all over it. No Surrender looks like a bigger show than the potential BFG show.

All I want to know is what was that "A Starr is born" crap in front of the BOUND FOR GLORY promo. Was it just for legal reasons they added a second R?

It was for Austin Starr (Aries). He's going to return at Bound For Glory II.

It was for Austin Starr (Aries). He's going to return at Bound For Glory II.

Well damn, that's what I call getting a pretty big welcome back. I totally forgot they changed his name to Austin Starr.