TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

ROH CHAMPION RECEIVES WWE OFFER

by Mike Johnson @ 4:15:00 PM on 11/2/2006

After what was said to have been a great evaluation tryout in Deep South Wrestling a few weeks back, PWInsider.com has confirmed that ROH Tag Team champion Claudio Castagnoli has received a WWE developmental offer.

-PWInsider.com

-It was only a matter of time and I think Claudio would be well served to take WWE up on the offer. There's not much else to do in the independents as he doesn't work without Hero. Hopefully, Hero will get an offer as well.

I remember when they'd send free gifts out to people who sent in a copy of their cable bill showing they'd ordered the show. CDs, videos, and other merchandise used to be featured. I almost participated in it to get the old EncycRAWpedia.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
The latest WWE superstar to violate the company's wellness policy is DSW's "Freakin" Deacon (Drew Hankinson), who had a Raw stint as the "Fake" Kane.

noon to 4 and 4 to 8 are the worst possibilities i've ever heard.

WWE had afternoon PPV's before in the past.

How long ago was that though?

I remember watching em over 10 years ago and they were still at night.

I think WM IV started in the afternoon as did Royal Rumble 1992. Not positive about that though.

I think WM IV started in the afternoon as did Royal Rumble 1992. Not positive about that though.

WCW used to run mid-day PPV's years ago.

I wouldn't mind PPVs at 5pm-8pm on Sundays. Then I wouldn't miss The Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, etc.

Of course if they were to run these during football season they'd totally screw themselves.........running anything opposite of the NFL on Sunday afternoon is asking for death.

Ah. I didn't watch PPV's around that time.

I wouldn't mind PPVs at 5pm-8pm on Sundays. Then I wouldn't miss The Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, etc.

Of course if they were to run these during football season they'd totally screw themselves.........running anything opposite of the NFL on Sunday afternoon is asking for death.

Truth.............

CM Punk is my new favorite wrestler. If there was ever a can't miss Austin, Rock, Hogan level star in the current mix, it's this guy.

Austin could work. Punk can work.

Rock could talk. Punk can talk.

Hogan could draw against anyone. We'll have to see about that one. Being in the low-drawing ECW Brand isn't doing him any favors.

That Flair cartoon is pretty good, I just wish they had gotten Ric himself, I'm sure he wouldn't have minded, he seems to be a big fan of the area sports teams

The 10/21 Eddy Guerrero golf tournament was held in Tampa, FL. It was an event in which all of the proceeds went to the Riverview Boys and Girls Club and the Eddy Guerrero Memorial fund for Eddy's daughters. Despite using Eddy’s name in angle after angle after angle, WWE didn’t even publicize or acknowledge the event, nor allowed any of its talent to participate in the tournament. The only WWE presence was Chavo Guerrero Jr. signing autographs the day before the outing.

Credit: WrestlingObserver/Gerweck

I have no beef with them not publicising the event - you never know ow it's going to be run and in publicising it you'd be linking yourself with it. Besides they've given Vickie a job, still sell the Eddy memorial shirts which she'll be getting a good cut of, and there is probably a DVD set in the works that will pay her well as well.

I don't know what people expect from VKM and the wwe - this isn't the Owen Hart situation here, Eddy died from natural causes due to his past addictions.

I have no beef with them not publicising the event - you never know ow it's going to be run and in publicising it you'd be linking yourself with it. Besides they've given Vickie a job, still sell the Eddy memorial shirts which she'll be getting a good cut of, and there is probably a DVD set in the works that will pay her well as well.

Because that makes it all right, doesn't it?

I don't know what people expect from VKM and the wwe - this isn't the Owen Hart situation here, Eddy died from natural causes due to his past addictions.

You have a strange definition of 'natural causes'.

I'm pretty sure every one of the first 10 or 11 WMs were in the afternoon (and with WM 7 taking place in LA, it was actually a 1 p.m. local start that day), as were a lot of the early Royal Rumbles.

A 4 p.m. start would actually make a lot of sense now, at least from February through August. Whether they admit it or not, WWE markets itself very strongly to kids. I can remember when I was little, trying to convince my parents to let me stay up for shows like SummerSlam (always an 8 p.m. start on the night before the first day of school) was a challenge. Start a show at 4 p.m., and that problem is suddenly gone.

There's a reason the NBA schedules a ton of national TV games for Sunday afternoons beginning in mid-February. There's a void in TV viewing left when the NFL ends. As long as WWE wouldn't try to sell a PPV on a Sunday afternoon during the NFL season, I think they could do fine otherwise.

Tully Blanchard is already gone. According to the latest Observer, there was a big scene at one of the recent tapings when JBL went off on Tully, cutting a promo on him about how Tully treated him in Texas when he (JBL) had just broken into wrestling.

Tully Blanchard is already gone. According to the latest Observer, there was a big scene at one of the recent tapings when JBL went off on Tully, cutting a promo on him about how Tully treated him in Texas when he (JBL) had just broken into wrestling.

Any news about Monty Brown this week?

...his heart exploded from steroid abuse. Why did you think they started the wellness policy?! :huh:

I just think there is a levelof personal responsibility with Eddie Guerrero. I believe he had his demons well before he signed on with the Wwe.

Is there some sordid tale that could explain why Matt Morgan was never re-signed by the Wwe?

Armageddon PPV Poster:

armageddon06.jpg

What the fuck is wrong with that poster? Damn, Batista looks like the star of the next Underworld movie...

It goes along with King Booker standing next to a big ass dragon.

*Checks AV*

Damn.........

Bradshaw is one bitter guy. However, what's sadder is that he's simply allowed to get away with it because Vince likes him.

that No Mercy poster was great...don't hate!

oh and Monty Brown should have been the one getting all the free agent hype, which in turn should have been featured on all 3 brands...not that clown in the shrunken Flash Funk outfit currently on Smackdown.

that No Mercy poster was great...don't hate!

oh and Monty Brown should have been the one getting all the free agent hype, which in turn should have been featured on all 3 brands...not that clown in the shrunken Flash Funk outfit currently on Smackdown.

No way the wwe would give TNA that rub.

That's so ironic.

Bradshaw is one bitter guy. However, what's sadder is that he's simply allowed to get away with it because Vince likes him.

Which is sadder, the fact that Bradshaw still has a job in the WWE or that he has fans that praise him even though he is the most overpushed untalented piece of garbage in pro-wrestling history?