TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest nokia

* Dave Scherer reports that WWE has moved back the starting times of their supershows on 7/3 in Philadelphia and on 7/31 in East Rutherford, NJ to 5:30 p.m so that ECW can be taped before the Raw and Smackdown tapings

* According to the Torch, Angle is not happy at all about his move to ECW

It's too bad Ken Kennedy was injured prior to King of the Ring. Do you think VInce would have the balls to crown King Ken Kennedy , with the gimmick being that Kennedy is completely oblivious to the faux pas of his intials, and is shocked when Booker T and Bobby Lashley kick his ass.

He would then be called KKK and would feud with HHH for having the cooler three-lettered name. :D

I'm sure this has been posted already, but in the latest PWInsider report they said that the new masked Kane is the Freakin' Decon. I did a random Yahoo search for the name and I found this old wrestling report from back in November of '05:

- Speaking of developmental talent, there is talk of WWE calling up the 'Freakin' Deacon' to the Raw roster as possible new opponent for Kane. Our report yesterday was actually wrong as we listed Jack Bull as the guy being called up.

His real name is Drew Hankinson and he's been down in Deep South:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorian_DeVille

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

And just for the hell of it, here is a video of the Kane/Kane segment from RAW:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CU9ktupOXEI&sea...ne%20kane%20raw

The guys on PWInsider are also saying that no matter what anyone else thinks about how this went down, there is one person who hated how it came off on TV...Vince McMahon.

Either that or the masked Kane on RAW thought there was an Inferno Match to be prepared for...

EDIT:

Or maybe my memory is shot. Didn't Kane where a full suit in one of those matches?

Ah, I guess that's what I'm thinking.

Just heard on PWInsider that SciFi/NBC - Universal has requested, and is pressing very hard, for WWE to add "supernatural elements" to the ECW brand, mentioning aliens and vampires. As of right now, WWE is resisting these requests.

This could get very, very interesting.

The logic is said to be that the people at SciFi are trying to get this done to keep all of their hardcore fans happy since there has been something of a backlash after it was announced that ECW was going to air on the channel.

Also, again, this is only a Summer series with 12-15 episodes or so set out to try to establish ECW as a worthy brand. Since this is a short term deal right now, we'll more than likely see even more big names like Kurt Angle in ECW to help that much more to draw ratings.

Also, the plan for Kurt Angle right now is that each week he'll have a segment where he challenges anyone from any type of ring. Anyone from a four-sided ring, an eight-sided ring, or even the six-sided ring. They are already calling him "The Wrestling Machine" on the ECW site.

Also, for what it's worth, Kevin Fertig is being brought into ECW as well as Andre "Test" Martin, who will be pushed as a major heel. I don't really have a problem with either one, even Test. Those hardcore matches that Test had back in the day are a minor guilty pleasure of mine.

Ah, I guess that's what I'm thinking.

Just heard on PWInsider that SciFi/NBC - Universal has requested, and is pressing very hard, for WWE to add "supernatural elements" to the ECW brand, mentioning aliens and vampires. As of right now, WWE is resisting these requests.

This could get very, very interesting.

The logic is said to be that the people at SciFi are trying to get this done to keep all of their hardcore fans happy since there has been something of a backlash after it was announced that ECW was going to air on the channel.

Also, again, this is only a Summer series with 12-15 episodes or so set out to try to establish ECW as a worthy brand. Since this is a short term deal right now, we'll more than likely see even more big names like Kurt Angle in ECW to help that much more to draw ratings.

Also, the plan for Kurt Angle right now is that each week he'll have a segment where he challenges anyone from any type of ring. Anyone from a four-sided ring, an eight-sided ring, or even the six-sided ring. They are already calling him "The Wrestling Machine" on the ECW site.

Also, for what it's worth, Kevin Fertig is being brought into ECW as well as Andre "Test" Martin, who will be pushed as a major heel. I don't really have a problem with either one, even Test. Those hardcore matches that Test had back in the day are a minor guilty pleasure of mine.

Why does WWE even bother? Just call it OVW, this new ECW won't be anything like what fans want it to be.

Guest J0bber

During a program on Sirius Satellite Radio, professional poker player Phil Hellmuth stated that he would be on the next season of VH1's "Surreal Life" along with Playmate Tina Jordan, rock star Peter Steel and former pro wrestler "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

VH1.com has yet to provide any information about Season 7 on their official website or through any official press releases. We will be sure to continue to follow this story as it develops. If you hear anything as well, free free to contact us.

Credit-Wrestleview.com

Guest JustPassinBy

Kane and the new Kane should form a tag team.

The name of their team should be Cokane.

Agent Confidential - Television production

By Ricky Steamboat

June 1, 2006

Today’s televised sports-entertainment events are so much different than they were back when I wrestled. In my era, we’d be in a small studio with about 50, 60 or 70 people and there was one camera mounted on a tripod sitting on top of a trunk. Then there would be one guy with a handheld camera running around the ring. Back then, I wasn’t as much into the production level as much as I am now, but I’m pretty sure that the cameraman with the handheld running around the ring had no communications to the production truck. So if that cameraman was able to get any kind of key shots, it was pretty much by accident. Looking back, I’m sure that there were many shots that were missed which didn’t help the small companies during that time.

Coming back to WWE and now being on the production side of it, I’m just astounded with what they are able to do and how the cameras are able to pick it up. The guys today have a much better luxury of being able to take whatever skills they possess and just have them magnified and multiplied many times over. Guys like myself and those who wrestled 25 years ago didn’t have this luxury. We didn’t have the luxuries of all the different camera angles being able to pick up everything we did in the ring. In today’s level of wrestling, guys can do something simple but have it mean so much. It’s like taking something that’s about a half an inch wide, which is a small item, and you end up growing it to three feet. That is what we’re capable of doing now and that’s what we’re able to do for today’s Superstars.

A lot of it has to do with emotion and being able to read the Superstar’s face and mannerisms. If you come in with two or three different angles of a guy’s anger and also the other guy who is on his hands and knees crawling and showing that pain in his face, then we are giving our viewing audience the “wow” factor. It’s almost like we are able to put the fans right in the ring with the Superstars.

I wish that myself and the other guys that really knew our business well had the same luxuries back when we wrestled. We really knew how to express our body languages and movements in the ring. We had lots of guys that I would say were four and five-star wrestlers. They could go out there and, as the old expression goes, have a broom stick thrown in the ring with them and the son-of-a-gun could entertain the fans with a broomstick. They were that good. We don’t have as much of that today. That’s where guys such as myself, Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, Steve Keirn and Tim Horner, who just came aboard, come in. One of our many job descriptions is to sit down and explain to the Superstars 30 years of experience in however much time we are given to work with that person.

All the guys from my era wish that we would have had the production level that everybody has now. God, everybody looks at me and says “oh, Ricky Steamboat, you’re a Superstar.” And I of course thank them for it, but the guys from my day all sit at the round-table discussions and talk about what we could’ve become if we had the level of production that is available today. We’re called Superstars now, but what would we be? It’s just amazing.

Sandman replaces the Sinapore cane with a light saber

We've already had a vampire, a superhero, and the living dead. I suppose an alien isn't too far out of the relm of possibility. I find it funny that WWE doesn't like this idea, since they had "God" team up with Shawn Michaels just a few weeks ago.

I find it funny that WWE doesn't like this idea, since they had "God" team up with Shawn Michaels just a few weeks ago.

'God' was their idea, thus automatically making it a good one.

I can see at least one possible Sci-Fi storyline ECW can do, that won't seem stupid. They can have a babyface wrestler who is a big Sci-Fi fan. He'll get mocked by some heels for a while for being a geek, loser, etc, and the heels can say he's just like every Sci-Fi fan. The babyface can fight back, and, in the end, beat the heels and prove that Sci-Fi fans can kick ass too. It probably won't satisfy the people who are pressing for a Sci-Fi orientated storyline, but I think it's a good compromise.

I find it funny that WWE doesn't like this idea, since they had "God" team up with Shawn Michaels just a few weeks ago.

I can see at least one possible Sci-Fi storyline ECW can do, that won't seem stupid. They can have a babyface wrestler who is a big Sci-Fi fan. He'll get mocked by some heels for a while for being a geek, loser, etc, and the heels can say he's just like every Sci-Fi fan. The babyface can fight back, and, in the end, beat the heels and prove that Sci-Fi fans can kick ass too. It probably won't satisfy the people who are pressing for a Sci-Fi orientated storyline, but I think it's a good compromise.

"Enterprise" Shane Helms, tonight in this very ring...you're facing...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN~!

"Enterprise" Shane Helms, tonight in this very ring...you're facing...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN~!

Exactly who I thought of, if you have a nerdy gimmick Shane Helms will take it on.

It wouldn't be much of a stretch. Helms is a comic book fan, it wouldn't be too far to have him put on a glittered Stormtrooper helmet and fall through a hole in the wall for his entrance.

Plus Gangrel would kick ass. He's a Vampire, and can wrestle well.

Why do the SciFi people want something more along their lines of programming? It's already men in tights who can stand up from undue amounts of punishment.