TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

That's too much PPV if you ask me. It's called saturating the market. If and when the ECW PPV's start outdrawing the WWE PPV's is going to intrigue me because that's when Steph and/or Vince step in and start to kill ECW, not remembering they own it.

Still, 14 PPV's a year at $35 bucks a pop and WM @ $50 is too much.

If price is an issue, Blast Zones are your friend...

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/blastareas/

Local Buffalo Wild Wings plays every single WWE PPV, and all I end up paying is the $6 or so for Wings that I have for dinner.

Reminds me of two summers ago when Summerslam was going to be headlined by Eddie Guerrero v. Mark Jindrak and Chris Benoit vs. Hirohito for their respective brand's titles.

For what it's worth, Meltz posted on Wrestling Classics the other day that HHH over Cena is penciled in for Summerslam but the plans literally change every day.

From PWInsider:

-Benoit/Malenko at ONS has been called off because Vince just didn't like the idea. This was decided before Benoit was injured and needed to take two months off anyway.

-

JBL is scheduled to move over to RAW to feud with DX. However, last night at the SD taping JBL was telling a bunch of people that he's just going to retire because he has a pretty bad back right now and he is indeed quite well off financially. Some think that part of this has to do with HHH not liking JBL all that much, and JBL just doesn't want to deal with everything that will come along with being on RAW.

You know, they might just flat out be forced to go ahead and push Ken Kennedy as soon as he returns. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them instantly push Randy Orton when he returns instead of starting him off near the bottom as it was rumored a month or so ago.

From PWInsider:

-Benoit/Malenko at ONS has been called off because Vince just didn't like the idea. This was decided before Benoit was injured and needed to take two months off anyway.

Wait, he turned down a chance to exploit Eddie some more?

From PWInsider:

This opens the door for the match Vince McMahon REALLY wanted, Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio...IN A VICKI GUERRERO ON A POLE MATCH! Winner gets to take the place of Eddie Guerrero in his family's life.

That just sucks, I would have bought the ppv just for that one match.

From PWInsider:

This opens the door for the match Vince McMahon REALLY wanted, Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio...IN A VICKI GUERRERO ON A POLE MATCH! Winner gets to take the place of Eddie Guerrero in his family's life.

Is this supposed to be funny?

Hmm, JBL retires... Smackdown is really in a lot of trouble, maybe that's why they are going to group it and ECW together.

Guest Edgehead

Hell I can't wait for a new era it seems on SD!. Some main event spots need filling up so lets see who will take the ball and run with it. Who on the SD! roster can you see getting pushed to the moon (ala JBL in 2004) and become the new guy on SD!

Guest Human Highlight Reel
-Benoit/Malenko at ONS has been called off because Vince just didn't like the idea. This was decided before Benoit was injured and needed to take two months off anyway

.......fuck.

Well I'll miss JBL. His ring work may not have been the best but his promos were some of the better ones on SD!

By the way, what's up with all of these injuries? It seems that they are happening at a continuous pace these days to a startling degree.

Agent Confidential - In-ring injuries

By Steve Keirn

May 25, 2006

In the short time that I’ve been back with WWE, I’ve noticed that some of the injuries the guys are sustaining now are more life threatening than they were back in my era. As an example, I’ve noticed more broken necks of young wrestlers in the last 10 years than I had seen in my first 20 years in the wrestling business. The only one that I recall from my era was Bruno Sammartino when he was dropped on his head by Stan Hanson in Madison Square Garden. Of course there were broken arms, legs, ribs, fingers, noses, teeth knocked out, and injuries like that, but people weren’t breaking their necks.

When I came back from a broken arm or broken leg, it didn’t really seem to have a bearing in my mind outside of being aware that I had broken my leg or arm. But now, these young wrestlers are recovering from broken necks, not knowing their future and having doctors telling them they may be crippled for life if they do more damage to their spine.

To me what has happened to the young talent is just like what happened to action movies. When I was a young guy, I would go to action movies and watch Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson chase one bad guy, beat up a couple along the way and kill the bad guy in the end. Then as time went on, the action movies had to out-do each other. Pretty soon you had the younger stars like Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal coming along. They would kill about 300 people in the beginning of the movie and progress through and by the end, they had sunk submarines and shot helicopters out of the air. I think that's what happened in our form of entertainment too. The guys and girls of today are trying to out-do themselves constantly and looking for high-risk maneuvers to do. At some point they are taking the risk of being crippled for life.

As an agent, I tell them to stay away from the high-risk maneuvers. I tell them that their career is going to go from a long career to a short career with a bad ending if they keep it up. But the simple fact is that the talent is trying to step up to impress the audiences with things they've never seen. And when they do things people have never seen – moonsaults from the top rope to the floor, dives over the top rope, hitting the floor or the rails – there is a higher risk of injury, in my opinion.

Everything in our business is an opinion. And it is my opinion that you don’t really have to do those things. In 35 years in this business I’ve witnessed some of the greatest wrestlers in the world and half of the ones that I witnessed were never really high-risk maneuver guys. They were more character, and maybe had more charisma. They utilized their facial expressions more, and entertained the audience just as well. So what I think has happened is that the young starts of today think they have to entertain the audience far better than those in the past. They watched stuff the guys and the girls did in the past and say to themselves “I could do better than those guys” and “high-risk moves would make the audience appreciate my efforts more.” But their not taking into consideration what the downside is of crippling themselves.

That's too much PPV if you ask me. It's called saturating the market. If and when the ECW PPV's start outdrawing the WWE PPV's is going to intrigue me because that's when Steph and/or Vince step in and start to kill ECW, not remembering they own it.

Still, 14 PPV's a year at $35 bucks a pop and WM @ $50 is too much.

If price is an issue, Blast Zones are your friend...

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/blastareas/

Local Buffalo Wild Wings plays every single WWE PPV, and all I end up paying is the $6 or so for Wings that I have for dinner.

Where do you live? Buffalo? I know there are BWW around there, but didn't know know they ran the ppvs

Bdubs runs PPVs, Hooters runs PPVs and some Roosters run PPVs.

Just gotta find out which ones and go. That's how I catch the PPVs.

With WWE being lazy with creating new stars maybe its a good sign if JBL is retiring. I mean then they HAVE to make new stars and they might start to try to do so. I mean they put Jamal as a stereotypical samoan and they actually waste 5 guys on a crappy Spirit Squad gimmick. They push a useless wrestler as The Boogey Man that eats mroe worms than he wrestlers and they turn a great wrestler in Paul Birchill to a pirate. And then we have the veterans like Booker T who they didnt do alot with for years (we'll see what happens now). And what are the plans for Benoit? And its a damn shame they never really pushed William Regal that hard. He could EASILY be a bigger name than he is right now. They just seem to drop the ball with to many people.

With WWE being lazy with creating new stars maybe its a good sign if JBL is retiring. I mean then they HAVE to make new stars and they might start to try to do so. I mean they put Jamal as a stereotypical samoan and they actually waste 5 guys on a crappy Spirit Squad gimmick. They push a useless wrestler as The Boogey Man that eats mroe worms than he wrestlers and they turn a great wrestler in Paul Birchill to a pirate. And then we have the veterans like Booker T who they didnt do alot with for years (we'll see what happens now). And what are the plans for Benoit? And its a damn shame they never really pushed William Regal that hard. He could EASILY be a bigger name than he is right now. They just seem to drop the ball with to many people.

Create a tv title and let Regal win it.

Cause without a tv title, Regal just isn't the same. He needs a title with a time limit. Those were the best things on Nitro, Thunder and Clash of the Champions...Regal surviving by time limit and leaving like he was a god for surviving by time limit.

I mean they put Jamal as a stereotypical samoan

Jamal doesn't have the charisma to pull off much else.

and they actually waste 5 guys on a crappy Spirit Squad gimmick.

Yes, they "waste" five guys on a hugely succesful gimmick that is drawing heat and main eventing TV shows.

They push a useless wrestler as The Boogey Man that eats mroe worms than he wrestlers and they turn a great wrestler in Paul Birchill to a pirate.

Boogey Man got OVER and Burchill is perfect for the pirate gimmick. It's just a damn shame he has no ring presence to accompany his charisma.

Create a tv title and let Regal win it.

Cause without a tv title, Regal just isn't the same. He needs a title with a time limit. Those were the best things on Nitro, Thunder and Clash of the Champions...Regal surviving by time limit and leaving like he was a god for surviving by time limit.

Good stuff indeed. However Im opposed more titles in WWE. They cant even book the ones they have. The world titles always have angles around them, som bad and some betetr bur always something. The IC and US get a little bit of time but not alot. The crusierweight title means nothing and the womens title have like 3 maybe 4 believable wrestlers (depending on how good Beth is). The tag divisions are of course a mess or even non-existent.

I mean they put Jamal as a stereotypical samoan

Jamal doesn't have the charisma to pull off much else.

and they actually waste 5 guys on a crappy Spirit Squad gimmick.

Yes, they "waste" five guys on a hugely succesful gimmick that is drawing heat and main eventing TV shows.

They push a useless wrestler as The Boogey Man that eats mroe worms than he wrestlers and they turn a great wrestler in Paul Birchill to a pirate.

Boogey Man got OVER and Burchill is perfect for the pirate gimmick. It's just a damn shame he has no ring presence to accompany his charisma.

I have to agree with just about everything you said. I hate Jamal's "wild Samaoan" gimmick. Why didn't they keep Rosey and simply reform 3 MW?

I love the Spirit Squad and they are hella over. They draw boos and heat, but not "X-pac" heat.

I know I should have my smark card taken away. But I just loved Boogey. I miss him!!

Yes, WWE is at a complacent place right now. They are lazy. They really need to pump some new life into Smackdown.