TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Am I the only one who thinks that even if Sting agreed to come in, the crowd would be lukewarm-at-best? Sure, he'd get a fairly nice reaction, but I couldn't see the crowd exploding the 1st time he's seen. I think all these "dream" match scenarios are overestimating how he'd be welcomed by the WWE crowd.

Am I the only one who thinks that even if Sting agreed to come in, the crowd would be lukewarm-at-best?  Sure, he'd get a fairly nice reaction, but I couldn't see the crowd exploding the 1st time he's seen.  I think all these "dream" match scenarios are overestimating how he'd be welcomed by the WWE crowd.

If he came in cold, I think that might happen. If they tease and hint at it subtly enough that the crowd start to want it, he'ldget a huge reaction when he finally comes in.

Heat spoilers below.

Val Venis and Viscera defeated Cade & Murdoch in a non-title match.

Rob Conway defeated Greg "The Hammer" Valentine by DQ after Eugene came in to attack Conway. After the match Valentine pushes down Eugene for costing him the match.

Kerwin White and his Caddy defeated Shelton Benjamin and Matt Striker. Benjamin went to make the hot tag to Striker, but Striker jumped off the apron and laughed then left, which then allowed Kerwin and his Caddy to hit a two man electric chair for the win.

I can't be the only one who finds the Eugene part to be hilarious. His whole world must be crashing down in front of him to have a legend be pissed at him. Also, it has to be said... Poor Shelton.

Guest JMA

It looks like "poor Shelton" is becoming a catch-phrase among the IWC (deservedly so). Poor Shelton...

Heat spoilers below.

Rob Conway defeated Greg "The Hammer" Valentine by DQ after Eugene came in to attack Conway. After the match Valentine pushes down Eugene for costing him the match.

Who the hell comes out of that looking good? And who could possibly care?

Guest gazgolf1

I love the way HBK does everything humanly possible to prevent his bald patch from showing.From throwing his head back every 5 seconds to actually holding his hair back when Carlito had him over the ropes the other night...funny shit. :lol:

Why does Undertaker insist on having his opponents only win if there is an unclean finish? Is he saving that one match where he totally puts his opponent over when he can see someone who is the real deal?

I think if anything, the HIAC match with Lesnar was the closest you can come to a "clean" Taker loss. Even though his career credentials aren't that impressive if you look at it overall, Taker is one of THE most protected guys in the history of the industry.

Why do babyfaces try to escape the steel cage? Faces are suppose to be strong and want to stand up to the evil heel.

Why are they booked to run away?

Guest clockworkraven
I never understood why faces never try to go out the door, they always have to climb out...

Faces are stupid, they don't know you're allowed to go through the door.

I want to see a heel have his manager/partner get a pair of wirecutters and cut a hole in the side of the cage.

Kerwin White and his Caddy defeated Shelton Benjamin and Matt Striker. Benjamin went to make the hot tag to Striker, but Striker jumped off the apron and laughed then left, which then allowed Kerwin and his Caddy to hit a two man electric chair for the win.

Shelton Benjamin should go to TNA so that he can hopefully erase his "jobber" stigma once and for all.

Shelton Benjamin is the Tito Santana of this generation. Former I-C and Tag Champion. A hell of a lot of skill. But his kayfabe credibility gets flushed w/ every match he's in. People still pop for him even though he doesn't have a prayer in hell of beating anyone above Steven Richards status. He should change his finish to the Flying Forearm so the heel can roll out of the ring every time rather than land in the ring to take the pin.

And now that Heat is online, a guy named Martel walked out on both of them in tag matches.

Poor Shelton indeed.

Guest P-Any
i had a couple of ideas for Tag Teams involving tomko.  let me know what you think

1. Tomko & Kid Kash- similar to kash and hoyt.  Would be a good team and definitly tag champ material

2. Tomko and Carlito- Have tomko be Carlitos Bodyguard but work as a tag team also.  I think Carlito with a Tag Title and IC title could be good and get him over.  and also would help Tomko cause Carlito could do most of the talking. 

3. Tomko & Eugene- this would be a silly tag team.  but i think Tomko playing a Badass but nice guy and Eugene being a retard could be funny as hell.  Cause Tomko was hilarious with xtain and this could lead to many more funny spots like "Tomko give me a beat" "no"

4. Tomko & Kane- this would require Kane to become darker.  but have Kane go back to his old ways and Have Tomko be his Student.  Could be a couple of sick son of a bitches. 

5. Tomko & Snitsky- Not very creative and i think it would suck but they could be a big man tag team.

6. Tomko & Danny Basham- wouldnt be very good but they are both doing nothing right now and could be a decent team i guess. 

What do u think of these teams and do any of them have a shot at happening?

Why is Kid Kash Wrestling in Deep Valley South wrestling? He should be on at least SD!

From wwe.com:

WWE.com: If you could wrestle just one more match, who would it be against?

The Rock: A guy I regret not working with, who I grew up watching, would be a guy like Sting in his prime. I would have loved to have wrestled him in his prime. And on the current roster, I always wanted to work with Rey Mysterio. I’d love to go against him with me as a heel in San Diego. I would love that. Sh**, that would be awesome. He’s just one of those gifted guys that can have a great match with anyone.

WWE.com: A lot of people on the Internet have always said they would love to have seen The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels. Is that a match you would have liked to have had?

The Rock: I was never ever interested in working with him, to be honest with you. I’ve known him for a long time. He came in and worked for my family in Hawaii when I was like 13 – him and Marty Jannetty. It was just one of those things. He was always one of those guys that I said “Hey” to and he said “Hey” – it’s no big deal.

-----

1- I'd LOVE to see heel Rock vs. Rey in San Diego

2- Ouch on the Shawn thing...that can't be good for your ego.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Triple Threat Match

Shawn Michaels .VS. The Big Show .VS. Kane.

WWE Title/Non-Title Match?

John Cena .VS. Kurt Angle, with Mick Foley as the special guest referee.

Matches for Raw, this Monday. They didn't confirm whether or not the title was on the line in the Cena/Angle match.

Triple Threat seems like a trainwreck, and they shouldn't have another Cena/Angle match on free TV, especially if they want them to have another rematch at Survivor Series.

Guest *KNK*
Triple Threat Match

Matches for Raw, this Monday. They didn't confirm whether or not the title was on the line in the Cena/Angle match.

Triple Threat seems like a trainwreck, and they shouldn't have another Cena/Angle match on free TV, especially if they want them to have another rematch at Survivor Series.

Shawn likely will take a bump at some point in the match, Kane/TBS brawl for a bit and Shawn makes his comeback and it ends in a clusterfuck.

Triple Threat Match

That Triple Threat match is looking like many shades of ugly.

If they are still going with Cena vs. Angle for Survivor Series, then it had better have a huge stipulation added to it if it is going to draw anything other than flies.

Guest *KNK*
Triple Threat Match

If they are still going with Cena vs. Angle for Survivor Series, then it had better have a huge stipulation added to it if it is going to draw anything other than flies.

I don't suspect they are intending for that match to be the "draw" of the show but rather then "mini-invasion". What gimmick/stipulation can they use anyways? It hasn't exactly been a blood feud yet, so giving it the "Last Man Standing/I Quit/FCA/Cage" sticker doesn't work.

2/3 falls? Since Angle has a win over him and Cena does as well, with Cena going over Shawn @ TT? They could play off as they are looking to win the rubber match(for this round), so in doing so it's booked as a 2/3 falls match?

Triple Threat Match

I don't suspect they are intending for that match to be the "draw" of the show but rather then "mini-invasion". What gimmick/stipulation can they use anyways? It hasn't exactly been a blood feud yet, so giving it the "Last Man Standing/I Quit/FCA/Cage" sticker doesn't work.

2/3 falls? Since Angle has a win over him and Cena does as well, with Cena going over Shawn @ TT? They could play off as they are looking to win the rubber match(for this round), so in doing so it's booked as a 2/3 falls match?

It's still bad business to devalue PPV matches involving what is meant to be your major singles title. As for what stip they could add to SS, if they are still going in that direction, it depends on what happens at TT. I could see Cena beating Shawn, if only because they can get out of having to do it clean, which I don't see ever happening anyway, and then them using that to give Angle another title shot. If it goes like that, then I could see them adding a Cage stipulation. It makes no sense, but they can always make it make sense, or not, before they get to SS.

Am I the only one who thinks that even if Sting agreed to come in, the crowd would be lukewarm-at-best?  Sure, he'd get a fairly nice reaction, but I couldn't see the crowd exploding the 1st time he's seen.  I think all these "dream" match scenarios are overestimating how he'd be welcomed by the WWE crowd.

I think it would be one of those things where it's not really a huge intial pop, but there would be a lot of "buzz" in the arena afterwards. I think it's because Sting doesn't have that type of theme music where once you hear it, you know exactly who it is and everyone goes insane. He'd just probably appear out of nowhere or come down from the ceiling.

Guest *KNK*
Triple Threat Match

It's still bad business to devalue PPV matches involving what is meant to be your major singles title. As for what stip they could add to SS, if they are still going in that direction, it depends on what happens at TT. I could see Cena beating Shawn, if only because they can get out of having to do it clean, which I don't see ever happening anyway, and then them using that to give Angle another title shot. If it goes like that, then I could see them adding a Cage stipulation. It makes no sense, but they can always make it make sense, or not, before they get to SS.

I don't think there's any question that Cena is going over Shawn @ Taboo Tuesday, because quite frankly, Cena going over Angle (clean or not) should effectively end the program. The fact it's a Triple Threat match alone appears to be the obvious set up for the Series re-match regardless of who Cena goes over.

I hate gimmick matches used for the sake of having them but that doesn't stop WWE from doing it. The only problem is, clearly Vince and Eric are both supporting Angle here, so why would the two men in charge place Angle in locked environment where they can't control the action (in theory). I just think WWE will get lazy and set it up as a LAST MAN STANDING situation instead.

Triple Threat Match

I don't think there's any question that Cena is going over Shawn @ Taboo Tuesday, because quite frankly, Cena going over Angle (clean or not) should effectively end the program. The fact it's a Triple Threat match alone appears to be the obvious set up for the Series re-match regardless of who Cena goes over.

I hate gimmick matches used for the sake of having them but that doesn't stop WWE from doing it. The only problem is, clearly Vince and Eric are both supporting Angle here, so why would the two men in charge place Angle in locked environment where they can't control the action (in theory). I just think WWE will get lazy and set it up as a LAST MAN STANDING situation instead.

Cena beating Shawn is the only finish that makes sense if they are still going with Cena vs. Angle at SS. The only problem with that is if they are willing, or Shawn is willing, to lose to Cena in a manner that makes the story of the finish Cena beating Shawn and not Shawn losing to Cena. Cena has to come out of this looking strong in the finish. He can't just beat Shawn on a fluke because of something Angle did or that Shawn did to himself, which is likely to happen. Cena has to decisively beat Shawn in the middle. Shawn can survive the loss, though the usual suspects will likely disagree. If Cena is beating Shawn, let it be decisive and convincing, and save the set up to Cena vs. Angle at SS for the next night on Raw, so that Cena can get the rub from beating Shawn clean in the middle, and nothing else is distracting from what should be a huge win for Cena.

Guest *KNK*
Triple Threat Match

Cena beating Shawn is the only finish that makes sense if they are still going with Cena vs. Angle at SS. The only problem with that is if they are willing, or Shawn is willing, to lose to Cena in a manner that makes the story of the finish Cena beating Shawn and not Shawn losing to Cena. Cena has to come out of this looking strong in the finish. He can't just beat Shawn on a fluke because of something Angle did or that Shawn did to himself, which is likely to happen. Cena has to decisively beat Shawn in the middle. Shawn can survive the loss, though the usual suspects will likely disagree. If Cena is beating Shawn, let it be decisive and convincing, and save the set up to Cena vs. Angle at SS for the next night on Raw, so that Cena can get the rub from beating Shawn clean in the middle, and nothing else is distracting from what should be a huge win for Cena.

Just to play devil's advocate, let's pretend that the fans aren't buying into the obvious HBK push and vote TBS/Kane into the match. Does that change the make-up of the match?

TBS and Kane are monsters, Cena beating them clean does no good for either of those two guys...which would force WWE to have a shitty cheap finish that completely spits in the face of the idiots who brought the show.

Which is why it baffles me they even placed those two into the voting. Last year, they put in Shawn, Edge and Benoit. They had every intention that Edge wouldn't win the voting (to which, he almost did) and were banking on that either way, Shawn or Benoit, Triple H was going over and getting a good match and getting the "decisive" win over those two. With Benoit/Shawn, you could work around it because If Benoit won, perfect...HHH gets that job back and Edge goes ahead and takes Shawn out during the tag match, HBK wins? perfect, HHH gets that job back and Edge turns on former partner. They had everything planned out there to cover their asses.

Here? Im almost begging TBS to win the voting just to stick it to the company.

Triple Threat Match

Just to play devil's advocate, let's pretend that the fans aren't buying into the obvious HBK push and vote TBS/Kane into the match. Does that change the make-up of the match?

TBS and Kane are monsters, Cena beating them clean does no good for either of those two guys...which would force WWE to have a shitty cheap finish that completely spits in the face of the idiots who brought the show.

Which is why it baffles me they even placed those two into the voting. Last year, they put in Shawn, Edge and Benoit. They had every intention that Edge wouldn't win the voting (to which, he almost did) and were banking on that either way, Shawn or Benoit, Triple H was going over and getting a good match and getting the "decisive" win over those two. With Benoit/Shawn, you could work around it because If Benoit won, perfect...HHH gets that job back and Edge goes ahead and takes Shawn out during the tag match, HBK wins? perfect, HHH gets that job back and Edge turns on former partner. They had everything planned out there to cover their asses.

Here? Im almost begging TBS to win the voting just to stick it to the company.

Just to play devil's advocate, let's pretend that the fans aren't buying into the obvious HBK push and vote TBS/Kane into the match. Does that change the make-up of the match

If that happens, I think we'll see Cena and Angle team up in some fashion to put TBS/Kane down, with Cena stealing the pin to set up Cena vs. Angle at SS.

Shit like this happens when they have few long term plans, and the ones they do have are constantly being changed at the last minute.

Which is why it baffles me they even placed those two into the voting. Last year, they put in Shawn, Edge and Benoit. They had every intention that Edge wouldn't win the voting (to which, he almost did) and were banking on that either way, Shawn or Benoit, Triple H was going over and getting a good match and getting the "decisive" win over those two. With Benoit/Shawn, you could work around it because If Benoit won, perfect...HHH gets that job back and Edge goes ahead and takes Shawn out during the tag match, HBK wins? perfect, HHH gets that job back and Edge turns on former partner. They had everything planned out there to cover their asses

I don't think they've even thought about TBS or Kane getting voted in. They'll run every angle they can to sway people into voting Shawn into the match, which will enable TBS/Kane to do the partners who can't get along deal in the tag title match, which they may or may not win. With how they've got booked this, I think it'll be interesting to see what they do, purely from a roadkill perspective, to get out of any corner they get backed into.

Mick Foley returns to action in a WWE ring for the first time in 18 months.

Steve Austin returns to action for the first time in over two and a half years.

Triple H faces Ric Flair for the first time on PPV.

All of this is happening on a PPV that will be lucky to draw 250,000 buys.

Think about that one for a moment.

Guest Ransome
Mick Foley returns to action in a WWE ring for the first time in 18 months.

Steve Austin returns to action for the first time in over two and a half years.

Triple H faces Ric Flair for the first time on PPV.

All of this is happening on a PPV that will be lucky to draw 250,000 buys.

Think about that one for a moment.

They're also throwing the first Raw vs SD match in years (excluding Wrestlemania interpromotional matches) on the card. What a waste.

I'm getting a 'Vengeance 2005' vibe from the buildup of this pay-per-view, considering the way they're desperately attempting to stack up the extremely pedestrian card. I imagine they want a big buyrate to prove to their stockholders that their 'revolutionary' Taboo Tuesday concept is a huge success, when the previous buyrate showed anything but.