TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Ive never been a fan of Monty Brown, hes not a great athlete, hes not a great wrestler, hes not a draw and he will never be a draw. And ive never seen any evidence of this "charisma" he's supposed to have. His promos in TNA were stupid and didnt have a point.

Yea man, Monty Brown only played in the NFL for several years I'm sure he's just a run of the mill athlete.......alot of guys in pro wrestling could make it in the NFL.......

And NFLers sure transition into wrestling well. What's your point, Mecca?

That acting like he doesn't have athletic talent is short sighted.

Monty Brown is everything the WWE likes in a wrestler. He has a look, he's in great shape, he has a legit athletic background and a natural charisma that they can harness into promos. In the WWE they can work with him and show he can cut a promo and protect him in matches where he'd come off 1000 times better than he never did in TNA where they don't seem to know how to hide anyones weaknesses.

Monty Brown is everything the WWE likes in a wrestler. He has a look, he's in great shape, he has a legit athletic background and a natural charisma that they can harness into promos. In the WWE they can work with him and show he can cut a promo and protect him in matches where he'd come off 1000 times better than he never did in TNA where they don't seem to know how to hide anyones weaknesses.

No, you're right. In WWE, they go out of their way to expose those weaknesses instead.

No, you're right. In WWE, they go out of their way to expose those weaknesses instead.

They've done pretty well at hiding Cena....guys who get exposed are generally guys they don't feel do what they need them to do, like Shelton Benjamin. Not that I defend that line of logic but if you show star quality the WWE will protect you and Monty Brown can do that.

Monty's problem in WWE would be that he made a somewhat major name for himself in TNA, and WWE like to go out of their way to expose people who made it big in other promotions just to 'prove' that that person is terrible.

I'm guessing a good majority of the WWE fan has no clue who Monty is. Maybe if TNA was a bigger entity like WCW was that would happen but I don't think that right now till I see it. CM Punk and Jeff Hardy both worked in TNA, albeit Punk burried TNA after he left but neither of them have gotten jobbed out by WWE.

I'm guessing a good majority of the WWE fan has no clue who Monty is. Maybe if TNA was a bigger entity like WCW was that would happen but I don't think that right now till I see it. CM Punk and Jeff Hardy both worked in TNA, albeit Punk burried TNA after he left but neither of them have gotten jobbed out by WWE.

CM Punk got 'rebuilt' in OVW. And Jeff Hardy made his name in WWE.

CM Punk got 'rebuilt' in OVW. And Jeff Hardy made his name in WWE.

The concern seems a valid one. CM Punk was primarily known as an indy guy, Jeff Hardy as WWE, Sabu as ECW and Shannon Moore as a waste of space. Monty Brown may be the first man associated primarily with TNA to jump to WWE.

This is an interesting test case to say the least. If WWE is smart, Monty Brown will be built up strong to encourage future defections. Or Vinnie Mac could just take the same petty attitude that he did to the ex-WCW wrestlers and bury Monty Brown in that Serengeti.

how soon til we get another all black stable with Booker, Cryme Tyme, Shelton, Monty and Lashley with everyone picking on Shelton calling him the "Uncle Tom" or "white sheep" of the family? Oh yeah and Flash Funk...crazy ol Unca Flash!

are they EVER going to go anywhere with this dress thing or is that just how his character is? I can't even remember what got him wearing dresses in the first place...

Both Lashley and Brown are fairly poor workers, each are about equal in terms of charisma and marketing appeal for WWE. Brown and Lashley have similar backgrounds but WWE loves any former NFL players.

I think he works better for ECW and I agree he would be an excellent "enforcer" type for Paul Heyman, and with Heyman's influence, Brown really has the opportunity to look good. I don't recall much of Brown's brawls in TNA but I'd imagine that the ECW formula of brawling may suit Brown.

Downhome - anything interesting come out PWInsider Elite's audio today? Seems like they they had some good tidbits from the preview...

- Reaction within WWE to this week's Raw rating, and where they lay the blame.

- Frustration within WWE.

- Backstage reaction to last night's taping.

- One person in WWE who is much happier these days.

- The changes that ECW on SciFI is going through.

From PWInsider:

World Wrestling Entertainment announced this afternoon that long-time British star David Taylor, who debuted last week on Smackdown as William Regal's tag partner, suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee during last night's Smackdown taping. Taylor will have surgery this Friday. There's no timetable for his return.

Taylor, a long-time veteran of British and German rings, had also teamed with Regal in WCW as a member of the Blue Bloods. He had worked for some time as a trainer for WWE, mostly out of the Deep South Wrestling territory, before debuting on WWE TV last week.

Damnit!

Downhome - anything interesting come out PWInsider Elite's audio today? Seems like they they had some good tidbits from the preview...

I'll give the audio a listen real quick and see what it says and then edit this post with the information.

EDIT:

He says that the NFL game was the most watched cable airing ever, and WWE is placing all of the blame on that, which isn't surprising. The 10:45-11:00 segment did a 3.2, the lowest rated part of the show - this was the DX segment if anyone cares (overrun did a 3.8).

Nothing specific, but I suppose it's a mixture of everything else here.

There were around 6,000 people at the show last night, and everyone thought the show was horrible. Even people working for WWE told them that it was a very bad show, to the point where people were scratching their heads wondering just what in the world was going on.

This person is Michael Cole, and it's all because he is now over WWE.com and has a lot of control over the site and he feels like he's worth something to the company now, and so on. Before that, he was always complaining and acting like he was always down.

Nothing much here other than talking about stuff that we already know. How ECW is becoming more of a "third brand" instead of trying to give it a different feel, blah blah blah.

Nothing major, but hey, you can't have something major every day.

Don't take this the wrong way.

But Taylor going down with an injury, while a horrible thing to go through, is 100% great news for Smackdown! fans.

Taylor's a very good grappler and trainer. This is not a "AWESOME, HE IS INJURED!" post. I would not condone such a thing.

But the facts are the facts. Taylor's cosmetic and physical apeparence on his Smackdown! debut left MUCH to be desired. His in-ring work was okay, his crowd heat was non-existant, and personally, as someone who has seen nearly every WCW Sat. Night, Worldwide, Pro, Nitro, and Thunder...while Taylor's ethic was there, crowd interest never was. He'll always be seen by the American fans, if at all, as Regal's henchmen or a "second-rate Regal, snobby Brit".

The plus side?

Regal can work singles instead of with a heatless partner in a division that is more suited for younger, quicker wrestlers. Not only did Regal get one of the biggest pops are No Mercy for decking King Booker (because he is a BELIAVBLE character that the fans know is a tough man who will fight anyone), but he also had the best match on the show with Chris Benoit. Uh, Benoit/Regal extended feud, please.

I like Taylor. But I like Regal much more and this can only mean good things for him.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
The Condemned (starring Steve Austin) got its release date today. Friday, April/27th/2007.