TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Austin being a "Hollywood" star will eventually lead to the return of "Hollywood" Hogan, creating the match-up of the two biggest stars in the history of business and the most over match of all time.

If you think about it, the WM gate could possibly outgross Austin's movie gross. :) Judging from how the first two WWE Films failed to get anyone to see them, it could happen.

But right now WWE can't even promote wrestling right.

So I expect Austin to face Cena at WrestleMania and lose.

(BTW, if done RIGHT - meaning Battle Royale style and not "big BOOMS and lame jokes Cena movie" style, the plot for Austin's movie isn't terrible.)

Guest netslob
(BTW, if done RIGHT - meaning Battle Royale style and not "big BOOMS and lame jokes Cena movie" style, the plot for Austin's movie isn't terrible.)

I liked it better the first time I saw it...when it was called The Running Man. [/davidspade]

wwe.com is reporting that Austin is at the tapings tonight.

coughthecondemnedcough

John Cena is yesterday's news..get ready for 3 months of "Steve Austin is The Condemned - coming soon to a theatre near you!"

Co-Starring NATHAN JONES~!

$200 million. bank on it.

--Added to Cyber Sunday and to be announced tonight is DX vs. Randy Orton & Edge with the gimmick being fans will get to choose the referee. They've been wanting to boost the buy rate for the show by bringing back a legend.

--Jimmy Garvin quit the creative team on Friday.

A couple of notes from tonight's WO.com update.

--Added to Cyber Sunday and to be announced tonight is DX vs. Randy Orton & Edge with the gimmick being fans will get to choose the referee. They've been wanting to boost the buy rate for the show by bringing back a legend.

Unless it is Bret Hart or Rick Rude, I don't care. I figure both are equally as likely.

--Jimmy Garvin quit the creative team on Friday.

He was on the creative team?

Guest netslob

how long ago was it? maybe he just missed it.

or maybe he just assumed nobody gave a shit about Orton.

WWE only has *two* legends on standby that actually mean something and may be willing to do a ref job and that's Austin and Foley.

Both of which, really won't serve anything at all and recent numbers indicate either are much draws anyways.

Unless it is Bret Hart or Rick Rude, I don't care. I figure both are equally as likely.

Somehow, I think Bret has about a 100% better chance than Rude...

Edit: Wait... unless it was sarcasm

Somehow, I think Bret has about a 100% better chance than Rude...

Edit: Wait... unless it was sarcasm

It was and it wasn't.

WWE only has *two* legends on standby that actually mean something and may be willing to do a ref job and that's Austin and Foley.

Both of which, really won't serve anything at all and recent numbers indicate either are much draws anyways.

The choices are currently as follows:-

Vince Mcmahon, The Coach, Eric Bischoff~~~~!

Needless to say, I voted Bischoff.

You can also vote for which title you want defended. I voted Cena since WWE tried to be cute by telling fans not to vote for Cena because K-Fed said he wanted it.

I voted for big show since it will be Show vs RVD at the december PPV for the title. If we vote for Show, then we already know the outcome of the match and won't have to order another shitty WWE PPV, not that I'm going to buy it anyway.

I figure you're essentially voting for the match winner, so I voted for King Booker. Bischoff also got my vote, and will probably get a few more. I don't remember if they did this in 2005, but I noticed this year they are just saying "vote as much as you want" instead of 2004's "vote only once, but clear your cookies and vote again".

So, I was watching the October 14, 1996 Nitro as part of WWE 24/7's Monday Night Wars program (this episode is funny because, as I looked up on the net, Nitro won this battle 3.3 to 1.9 - Nitro's main event was Hogan doing a bunch of yelling at Liz and Raw's main event was Austin vs HBK) and I noticed the chyron for Eddy Guerrero said "Eddie", the way WWE spelled his name (WCW did Eddy). Does WWE really find it necessary to edit old chyron graphics to spell names they way they do, or did WCW also use the "Eddie" spelling at times?

World Wrestling Entertainment recently sent TNA wrestler Kurt Angle a nasty legal letter with a series of demands. All of their demands aren't quite known yet, but here are the demands known thus far.

WWE demanded that Angle and TNA not refer to his ankle lock finisher as the "Angle lock." Angle laughed at that one because he had no idea that anyone called his finisher the "Angle lock" to begin with it, thinking it's always been the ankle lock. WWE also demanded that Angle not call himself "The Wrestling Machine," or "The Machine." Surprisingly, they didn't object to him wearing a mouthpiece, but it can't have "Machine" written on it.

Also, we should find out soon if WWE claimed ownership to the term "Angle slam" and if he'll have to use a new name for the manuever. WWE can probably rightfully claim ownership to that term. Also note, the U.S. Olympic committee probably wouldn't allow TNA to use the term "Olympic slam."

Check the copyright notice at the end of all WWE DVDs from 2004 (maybe even earlier) and up - they own the names to moves.

From WO.com:

"Steve O admitted he made a mistake in laughing at Umaga as he was supposed to be selling, saying he was told it was a sign of disrespect and he remembers nothing from the point Umaga hit him real hard until he was examined later by the doctor."

Word is going around that Bret Hart's upcoming book (looks like he just morphed the planned 3 books into one) is going to be 900 pages long.

Torrie's myspace says she's getting a divorce from Billy Kidman. Her myspace is legit, before you ask.

I was just about to post this. Here is the entire post she wrote on the subject

"Hey everybody!

Well, I have decided to let you in on a secret that I have been holding in for much too long. I am very heartbroken to say that I am in the stages of a divorce. It makes me incredibly sad to say this and I hope that you will respect me and my privacy at this really difficult time. This is just something that has been eating at me for some time now, and I feel it's best to hear it straight from me rather than read it somewhere else. I think I have made things harder on myself by pretending that everything is fine and dandy to the outside world. I just pray that by opening up about this now, it might be easier to move forward in my life journey.

I just want to tell all of you that you have helped me so much more than you will ever know with your kind words without even knowing it. When I am feeling really down, reading the nice things you have to say has brought a smile to my face. That truly means the world to me and I will never forget it.

I really do love and appreciate all of you......sunny skies ahead!"

Word is going around that Bret Hart's upcoming book (looks like he just morphed the planned 3 books into one) is going to be 900 pages long.

Good, I'm tired of being able to read wrestling books in one day. Bischoff's book was interesting, but I picked it up on my way to school yesterday and finished it before Raw came on. Also I know Bret won't hold anything back. I don't seriously believe for a moment that Eric never had a bad word to say about anyone in WWE as long as he's been there, but he didn't criticize anyone.