TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest East.Coast.J
Armageddon PPV Poster:

armageddon06.jpg

It looks like the Shroud of Turin.

Bradshaw is one bitter guy. However, what's sadder is that he's simply allowed to get away with it because Vince likes him.

Maybe Tully actually was a prick to JBL in Texas, athough adding up the timeline in my head I don't see where Tully and JBL would have crossed paths during that time period. Buzz Sawyer fucked over the Undertaker big time when he was breaking in and nobody said anything about it when The Taker put him in his place in WCW years later. If somebody screwed me over or fucked with me ten years ago on my way up, and a decade later the roles reversed, I would let him hear about it too.

Bradshaw is one bitter guy. However, what's sadder is that he's simply allowed to get away with it because Vince likes him.

Maybe Tully actually was a prick to JBL in Texas, athough adding up the timeline in my head I don't see where Tully and JBL would have crossed paths during that time period. Buzz Sawyer fucked over the Undertaker big time when he was breaking in and nobody said anything about it when The Taker put him in his place in WCW years later. If somebody screwed me over or fucked with me ten years ago on my way up, and a decade later the roles reversed, I would let him hear about it too.

It's actually very common in the wrestling industry for something like that to happen.

source: PWInsider.com

The Honky Tonk Man has signed a WWE Legends deal, which should result in an action figure and probably more in the future. HTM had been holding out for quite some time as he didn't want to sign the rights to his name away. With the signing of HTM, that leaves two past WWE names in which Jakks would like to get a hold off, but are having great difficulty in doing so. Jakks would like to make an action figure on the late Owen Hart, but his widow wants absolutely nothing do with WWE, let alone pro wrestling. Also, Jakks wants to make a deal with "Macho Man" Randy Savage, but for some reason, WWE won't allow them to sign him as they want absolutely nothing to do with him

Edit: Ryan Smith sent this item. ... I am the web manager and booking agent for the Honky Tonk Man. I've made a post on our website concerning many reports that we've signed a deal with the WWE. This report is 100% false and should be corrected as soon as possible. Here are the actual details. "To answer the question, has the Honky Tonk Man signed a WWE Legends contract? The answer is absolutely NOT. The HTM has not signed any deal with the WWE. And to answer the question, has the Honky Tonk Man signed a deal with Jakks Pacific to have a toy created. The answer is yes. This week the Honky Tonk Man signed a contract with Jakks to create a Classic Superstars action figure(s). This deal is strictly between Jakks Pacific and the Honky Tonk Man. There is an extremely significant difference between the WWE's legends program, and signing a deal with Jakks."

Credit: PWInsider

WWE has moved SummerSlam for this coming year from MSG to the Continental Airlines Arena. MSG and WWE have had bad relations the last few years due to the cost of MSG's rent for a WWE event. Doesn't look like MSG will host another WWE PPV for a long time.

Link: http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/2401

OK this whole shit with WWE's hatred of Savage is getting really weird. I try not to believe in wacky DVDVR-sleaze thread rumors but even Meltzer said a few months ago on WOL that he was starting to think there might be some validity to the Savage/Steph rumor because he couldn't imagine why they're so resistant to working with him when they've brought back, or tried to bring back, almost every other big name they've had.

That poster is pretty decent actually.

When I read that part about the survey asking about PPV events with Legends and Divas I imediately though.."oh..no..a Legends PPV" They've probably got enough legends, HOF'ers and such to do a 2 hour PPV with like 5 matches...and Im sure if they got Hogan and Austin to wrestle for it (although not against each other) it would probably pull a decent number of buys despite being horrible..

I wonder if thered be anyshot of reusing the Slamboree: Legends Reunion for the title like WCW used to use a long while back?

The biggest problem with PPVs is the fact they are $40. RR. SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and to an extent One Night Stand are fine at $40..and WM is understandable that its $50..but the rest of them should still be $30 or even less. Not that Id do it, but they could offer a deal where if you order all of the RAW PPVs for a one time price with a discount? 5 RAW PPVS could be like $149 instead of $200..they'd get a guaranteed number of buys and people would get a $10 discount on each PPV..I know directv does a Road to WM package with NYR/RR/NWO for one price that equaled a $5 discount per PPV..

I know if the PPVs were a bit cheaper I'd probably be inclined to order them. $40 is a big chunk of our monthly entertainment budget, personally.

I know if the PPVs were a bit cheaper I'd probably be inclined to order them. $40 is a big chunk of our monthly entertainment budget, personally.
$40 is a lot of money to spend on something you're not even sure you will be entertained by.

I'm pretty sure every one of the first 10 or 11 WMs were in the afternoon (and with WM 7 taking place in LA, it was actually a 1 p.m. local start that day), as were a lot of the early Royal Rumbles.

A 4 p.m. start would actually make a lot of sense now, at least from February through August. Whether they admit it or not, WWE markets itself very strongly to kids. I can remember when I was little, trying to convince my parents to let me stay up for shows like SummerSlam (always an 8 p.m. start on the night before the first day of school) was a challenge. Start a show at 4 p.m., and that problem is suddenly gone.

There's a reason the NBA schedules a ton of national TV games for Sunday afternoons beginning in mid-February. There's a void in TV viewing left when the NFL ends. As long as WWE wouldn't try to sell a PPV on a Sunday afternoon during the NFL season, I think they could do fine otherwise.

I remember very well WrestleMania X starting at 4pm...I was 9 years old and I schedueled my whole day around...

When was the last time they had a strong card top to bottom? Even Wrestlemania this year didn't look really strong.

WrestleMania X-7

Results

-Sunday Night HEAT match: X-Factor (Justin Credible and X-Pac) defeated Steve Blackman and Grand Master Sexay (2:46)

X-Pac pinned Blackman

-Chris Jericho defeated William Regal to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship (7:08)

Jericho pinned Regal following a Lionsault.

-Tazz and The APA (Bradshaw and Faarooq) defeated Right to Censor (The Goodfather, Val Venis and Bull Buchanan) (3:53)

Bradshaw pinned Goodfather after a Clothesline From Hell.

-Kane defeated Raven © and The Big Show in a Triple Threat Hardcore Match to win the WWF Hardcore Championship (9:18)

Kane pinned Big Show after a Leg drop off the stage.

-Eddie Guerrero defeated Test to win the WWF European Championship (8:30)

Guerrero pinned Test after hitting him with the title belt.

-Kurt Angle defeated Chris Benoit (14:02)

Angle pinned Benoit with a roll-up using Benoit's tights for leverage.

-Chyna defeated Ivory to win the WWF Women's Championship (2:39)

Chyna pinned Ivory after a Gorilla Press Drop.

-Shane McMahon defeated Vince McMahon (w/Mick Foley as special guest referee) in a Street Fight (14:12)

Shane pinned Vince after a corner-to-corner missile dropkick.

-Edge and Christian defeated The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) © and The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff) in a TLC match to win the WWF Tag Team Championship

Edge and Christian won by climbing a ladder and retrieving the belts hanging above the ring.

-The Iron Sheik won a Gimmick Battle Royal featuring: Bushwhacker Luke, Bushwhacker Butch, Duke Droese, Doink the Clown, Nikolai Volkoff, Tugboat, The Goon, Earthquake, Gobbledygooker, Hillbilly Jim, Brother Love, Michael Hayes, One Man Gang, Kamala, Jim Cornette, Repo Man, and Sgt. Slaughter. (3:05)

The Iron Sheik won by eliminating Hillbilly Jim last.

After the match Slaughter locked a Cobra clutch on The Iron Shiek.

-The Undertaker defeated Triple H (18:17)

Undertaker pinned Triple H after a Last Ride Powerbomb.

-Steve Austin defeated The Rock in a No Disqualification match to win the WWF Championship (28:06)

Austin pinned Rock after hitting him multiple times with a steel chair.

Unforgiven was a pretty stacked card this year with the DX vs McMahons/Big Show HiaC, the Cena/Edge TLC match, Stratus's farewell vs Lita, Orton vs Carlito, Nitro vs Hardy and the lowlight of the card Spirit Squad vs Highlanders.

OK this whole shit with WWE's hatred of Savage is getting really weird. I try not to believe in wacky DVDVR-sleaze thread rumors but even Meltzer said a few months ago on WOL that he was starting to think there might be some validity to the Savage/Steph rumor because he couldn't imagine why they're so resistant to working with him when they've brought back, or tried to bring back, almost every other big name they've had.

Savage/Steph rumors?

Savage/Steph rumors?

It's been said that Savage had sex with Stephanie when she was 14 years old, or something along those lines.

This isn't being fully reported yet but it looks like T.J Wilson and Nattie Neidhart have signed with the WWE.

So........

Vince has

- The son of Davey Boy

- The daughter of Jim Neidhart

Bret's son is starting training in January (was supposed to start in September but had some personal stuff to wrap up).

Wonder if any of Owen's kids are going to take up wrestling because then we could have...........

The Hart Foundation: The NeXt Generation

So Survivor Series is D-X and Cena vs King Booker, Ken Kennedy and Batista vs Rob Van Dam, Big Show, and Sabu?

Yeah, I wonder who's winning that.

And who's pinning RVD.