TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Scott Hall reunited with Kevin Nash and Sean "X-Pac" Waltman for Ringside Fest 2006 yesterday in New York City - which was a WWE action figure convention/autograph signing. Rowdy Roddy Piper & Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka were also on hand at the event to sign autographs. PWInsider is reporting that Hall has signed a deal with Jakks Pacific for some WWE-produced Razor Ramon and Scott Hall action figures to be made in the near future. Although, during a Q & A session in which Hall and Nash took part in, Hall said that he had signed a WWE Legends deal. Whatever the case may be, some WWE-produced Scott Hall action figures will be made at the very least.

Upon re-signing with TNA last month, Kevin Nash had been hoping to join the booking committee. Regarding a possible in-ring "Outsiders" reunion, while he was gone from TNA, Nash would tell friends that if Jarrett was hooking up friends with jobs, why couldn't he do the same? Kevin Nash had been hoping to team up with Scott Hall one more time (likewise with Hall), perhaps in WWE or TNA, but Hall is said to be out of shape nowadays as he's gained a bit of weight since he was last seen. Hall is believed to be at least 300 pounds these days. What with Nash's new contract and Hall's weight gain, this should pretty much put an end to the nWo vs. DX rumors once and for all. Though it made sense due to DX's lack of opponents at the time, internally, there wasn't much to the idea as it was hardly discussed in WWE meetings.

So I'm reading the Wikipedia article listing cases of age fabrication, and it says that Lilian Garcia is actually 40, graduating from high school in 1984 and college in 1988.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Survivor Series matches to be announced on WWE.com.

For the first time in Survivor Series history, matches to the annual pay-per-view will be announced exclusively on WWE.com.

The match announcements will begin this Tuesday at 3pm ET. New matches will continue to be announced everyday at the same time for one full week. By 3pm next Monday, WWE.com will have announced seven matches.

So be sure to be right here at WWE.com everyday to see what matches the Raw and Smackdown superstars, as well as ECW Extremists, will be involved in.

Think they'll do some Survivor Series tag matches again this year? I know they've been doing one a year for a while now, but maybe with the three different "brands" they'll do one or two "brand vs brand" type matches.

Holy shit, Scott Hall looks horrible. That might be the worst "how they look now" pictures of a wrestling figure that I've seen since the Sunny pictures first started to show up online.

Anyway, in the "hell yes" news of the day - from PWInsider:

tj12.jpg

WWE SIGNING STAMPEDE KID TJ WILSON

by Mike Johnson @ 9:10:00 AM on 11/6/2006

World Wrestling Entertainment is said to be signing Canadian worker "Stampede Kid" TJ Wilson, who has toured New Japan and teamed with Harry Smith as the New Bulldogs in different independent companies including Stampede Wrestling and the now-defunct MLW.

Wilson was recently evaluated in Deep South Wrestling. He's been close to the Hart family for years, having trained and wrestled for Stampede Wrestling since 1995.

For more on Wilson, you can check out his official website.

I say bring on Nattie Neidhart and start this group up in WWE:

tjnattieharrysite1.jpg

I read on Wikipedia (I know, I know, not 100% reliable) that there is talk about Harry Smith coming in to team with William Regal since Dave Taylor is on the shelf...I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that. I do like Regal and the prospect of them working together if they brought Smith in as a protege' or whatever (though those angles never really seem to work out correctly).

That would be all well and good, but the wwe doesn't give two shits about it's tag divisions. Nattie will be brought it, I believe she has been told a contract is waiting for her when she heals up and is ready to sign on.

Also Harry Smith is likely going to be kept on Raw. Heyman wanted him for ECW around it's start-up and the powers that be on Raw wouldn't let him go. I think having him join DX would open interesting storyline possibilities now(Survivor Series is in MTL) and down the line when he eventually breaks away.

Have Edge and Orton add Ken Doane and have Harry Smith added to DX to balance the sides.

I'm kind of surprised WWE is signing Nattie...from what I've heard, she's a very good worker, but let's face it...that really doesn't matter in WWE's women's division, and she doesn't seem like she has the "diva look" WWE usually goes for.

It's kind of eerie how the two in that pic look like the original British Bulldogs, though. I think it would be a shame if they didn't have them do a tag team for a while (Wilson and Smith, I mean).

:lol:

I only noticed her change a few hours ago myself. I thought she looked great before this though, but she's gotta do what she's gotta do to make it in WWE I suppose. It doesn't change the fact that she's a solid worker at least.

So I'm reading the Wikipedia article listing cases of age fabrication, and it says that Lilian Garcia is actually 40, graduating from high school in 1984 and college in 1988.

I'd still hit it strong.

I'd still hit it strong.

no doubt

From PWInsider:

-Bobby Lashley has asked WWE to stick him on another brand. He reportedly doesn't get along at all with the new SD head of creative, Michael Hayes. The word going around is that Hayes doesn't see much value in Lashley, and Lashley hates Hayes as well. Anyway, there are some pretty big plans for Lashley, and that includes a possible run as ECW champ.

-Tully Blanchard is indeed gone. The reason is a mix of Blanchard not agreeing with the way WWE creative does business and how things operate, as well as that deal with JBL. The JBL deal was part of it, but was defiantly not the only reason.

-The gossip rumor-mill is now saying that Britney Spears has moved out of her home and she took her children with her, and they moved into the Four Seasons in LA. She did so because she was laughing at K-Fed when watching tapes of him in WWE, and he went crazy screaming at her and tossing things and breaking shit.

well that stinks, because you really can tell when Lashley went from being big on Smackdown to this odd feud with Tatanka out of nowhere. I hope that all gets worked out, because.. would he really fit in on RAW? ECW maaybe.. but since I watch SD over the other brands, it'll suck to lose a guy like him.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Survivor Series is in MTL

Next year, Survivor Series is in Montreal. This year it's in Philadelphia.

Tully Blanchard is already gone. According to the latest Observer, there was a big scene at one of the recent tapings when JBL went off on Tully, cutting a promo on him about how Tully treated him in Texas when he (JBL) had just broken into wrestling.

Bradshaw is one bitter guy. However, what's sadder is that he's simply allowed to get away with it because Vince likes him.

Which is sadder, the fact that Bradshaw still has a job in the WWE or that he has fans that praise him even though he is the most overpushed untalented piece of garbage in pro-wrestling history?

Come on now, give Randy Orton credit for something...

This whole Michael Hayes thing got me thinking.

The WWF had Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy on payroll in 1997. Why did WWF waste Gordy on Taker instead of doing a Freebirds reunion?

The WWF had Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy on payroll in 1997. Why did WWF waste Gordy on Taker instead of doing a Freebirds reunion?

WWE weren't on a nostalgia kick then, plus they didn't really acknowledge what people did outside their own promotion in 1996. It also didn't help that Gordy was a complete mess and it probably would have been embarrassing for all concerned.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Vince was just trying to do something nice by hiring Gordy at that point, hate to say it.

I doubt most WWF fans at that point would've really known who the Freebirds were, anyway. A reunion like that could've worked in WCW where they had history, but the Freebirds only worked WWF for like a month in the mid '80s.

Is there actually a reason that the Freebirds weren't kept around during the Rock N' Wrestling era? You'd think that the Freebirds would've worked fine in the MTV era, especially as babyfaces. Although, they probably would've been better suited as heels who hate the MTV lifestyle for ruining their "southen rock".

Is there actually a reason that the Freebirds weren't kept around during the Rock N' Wrestling era? You'd think that the Freebirds would've worked fine in the MTV era, especially as babyfaces. Although, they probably would've been better suited as heels who hate the MTV lifestyle for ruining their "southen rock".

From what I've heard, the WWF wanted to break the team up and use them as singles wrestlers, and the Freebirds basically said "screw this" and went back to the NWA. Personally, I think they could've worked as solo wrestlers (at least Hayes and Gordy...Buddy Roberts probably could've been a manager for the two), but breaking them up right away would've been a waste. Imagine seeing the Freebirds work against the British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, etc.

From PWInsider:

-Bobby Lashley has asked WWE to stick him on another brand. He reportedly doesn't get along at all with the new SD head of creative, Michael Hayes. The word going around is that Hayes doesn't see much value in Lashley, and Lashley hates Hayes as well. Anyway, there are some pretty big plans for Lashley, and that includes a possible run as ECW champ.

-Tully Blanchard is indeed gone. The reason is a mix of Blanchard not agreeing with the way WWE creative does business and how things operate, as well as that deal with JBL. The JBL deal was part of it, but was defiantly not the only reason.

-The gossip rumor-mill is now saying that Britney Spears has moved out of her home and she took her children with her, and they moved into the Four Seasons in LA. She did so because she was laughing at K-Fed when watching tapes of him in WWE, and he went crazy screaming at her and tossing things and breaking shit.

HAHAHAHAHA

That shit is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

I laughed at him too!

I already posted this in the Cyber Sunday thread, but is this the 1st time they've referenced Mickie James' pics?

This was just before the divas match and when Lita was coming out, King was talking about how people can vote on the internet for the matches.

King said, "And tonight our fans are gettin to vote on what kind of match this is going to be. [pause] Right on the internet..... Mickie James is familiar with the internet."