TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Serious question here since we've been debating the merits of John Cena's status.

I have a feeling Steve Austin wasn't satisfied putting over The Rock in his last match since The Rock bolted permanently for Hollywood a month later, save for WM20, the two Raws before it, and Raws where he put over Eugene in a promo and during DivaSearch '04.

I get the feeling Austin has an itch to do one more match to put someone over big. Let's face it. Whethere you love him or hate him, you have to admit that John Cena is easily the biggest star of the after-Attitude era. Given Austin's comments in his book about how he felt he "had" to put The Rock over at WM19, I would be hard-pressed to believe that would be how Austin wants to end his personal legacy in terms of confirming a man's place as a star like Bret Hart did for him.

So what would you guys feel about potential John Cena vs. Steve Austin match at a future WrestleMania?

The first two Super Crazy shirts would be perfect for me since it would just be my initials. The third one just doesn't work for me at all.

Serious question here since we've been debating the merits of John Cena's status.

I have a feeling Steve Austin wasn't satisfied putting over The Rock in his last match since The Rock bolted permanently for Hollywood a month later, save for WM20, the two Raws before it, and Raws where he put over Eugene in a promo and during DivaSearch '04.

I get the feeling Austin has an itch to do one more match to put someone over big. Let's face it. Whethere you love him or hate him, you have to admit that John Cena is easily the biggest star of the after-Attitude era. Given Austin's comments in his book about how he felt he "had" to put The Rock over at WM19, I would be hard-pressed to believe that would be how Austin wants to end his personal legacy in terms of confirming a man's place as a star like Bret Hart did for him.

So what would you guys feel about potential John Cena vs. Steve Austin match at a future WrestleMania?

I think Austin has 1 match left, I think he also knows this and is very carefully deciding when and who he wants to use that against. I think the last thing he wants is to have the match be a dud or waste it on someone who's crap or he doesn't like.

I really like the third Super Crazy shirt.

It's the first time in forever when I've seen one of the WWE t-shirt polls and not went with the one I feel is least crap.

"JBL wrestling at Wrestlemania is about as likely as The Ultimate Warrior and yours truly being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame" - JR.

That guy updates his blog a lot, it's hard to keep track with all his witty remarks.

Those are good Kurt Angle shirts.

Who wants to bet that Ross and Lawler being inducted leads to yet another angle where one or both are "fired", only to come back a month or two later after the fans "demand it"?

Also, I'm all for Austin coming back for one more match...I just don't want to see endless stunners and beer baths on RAW every week.

Who wants to bet that Ross and Lawler being inducted leads to yet another angle where one or both are "fired", only to come back a month or two later after the fans "demand it"?

I bet $50,000 that it at least leads to some kind of humiliation angle.

I bet $50,000 that it at least leads to some kind of humiliation angle.

JR and The King get destroyed by Umaga, leading to the return of Stone Cold Steve Austin. He'll ref Lawler vs Umaga with Lawler scoring the "stunning" upset. Austin gets his stunner, gets to pour some beer on someone and do his little corner pose. Least that's what I'm picking.

Mike Johnson is reporting there is talk of doing a Mick Foley vs Umaga match at Wrestlemania 23.

Gerweck.net

At least Foley could have an entertaining match with Umaga and put him over. Even though I don't think there is too much more you can do with that character.

Also from Gerweck

WWE has changed the announced Finlay vs. The Boogeyman match to Finlay and Little Bastard vs. The Boogeyman and Mini Boogeyman for Sunday's No Way Out PPV. Dave Meltzer reports that Chris Benoit will be apart of the PPV card, but his match hasn't been announced. WWE will likely add a cruiserweight title match that was set up on tonight's Smackdown, but WWE has yet to officially annouce the match.

From the March issue of WWE magazine...

A man's walking down a city street with his dog. Through the window of a sports bar, he spots Al Snow wrestling on television. He attempts to go inside, but the bartender tells him, "No dogs allowed." The man says, "But Al Snow is my dog's favorite wrestler." Begrudgingly, the bartender lets the dog enter. Seconds later, as Snow performs a dropkick on TV, the dog barks wildly. Then Al executes a suplex, and the dog rolls over three times. The bartender says, "That's unbelievable. If the dog goes this crazy when Al Snow executes a move, what does he do when Al wins?" The guy shrugs and says, "I don't know, I've only had the dog for five years."

Craft a letter to the dirt sheet kids, telling them to "Get a life."

That would destroy Umaga cred and waste a talented worker...

Do you work for the WWE?

No, I just had to think of the dumbest thing in the world thus thinking like they would. I don't want Austin or Hogan or any of the retired golden oldies back.

Former WCW head honcho Jim Herd wanted to create a masked tag team known as “The Hunchbacks” who had pronounced hunchbacks, therefore they were unable to be pinned because their shoulder blades could not touch the canvas. They did not make it, but the “Ding Dongs” did. Make air that is.

That's some SERIOUSLY funny shit.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If Austin comes back, he should come out in a suit each week, not cuss, not drink beer, and be a big coroprate sellout. He could lose the brawling aspect of his matches, do the technical stuff (remember the matches against Benoit, as well as the match where he was not allowed to throw a punch), and be a totally different character of what he was before. The only thing I am not sure of is if he should use the Stunner or not. On one hand, the move is very over and sold like death. On the other hand, not doing it would build up to the big moment when he finally drops the suit and Stuns one of the heels he was working with.

That is how I want him to come back. He can be protected, he wouldn't be doing the same old thing he has done for the past 11 years, and he could still turn back to the old Stone Cold for his retirement.

JBL is pretty good again on WWE.com's latest "Around the Ring" audio show.

"I was saddened to learn that Virgil and Jake Roberts are still alive"

"In 1997 we had 10 luchadores in the Rumble. This year we had 1. You tell me the border isn't more secure"

Him and Cole say something about dirt sheet writers that I didn't quite catch, something about censorship that I'm not sure what's being referenced.

Speaking of Vito, since he's still in the subtitle, he's currently on Nick GAS in an old WCW version of Double Dare 2000.

Teams are Duggan, Vito, and two kids against Lash Leroux, someone I *think* is The Wall, and two other kids.

Hacksaw and Vito's team is kicking ass.

It was reported a week ago that Vince McMahon made the decision to no longer team MNM and The Hardys together and to keep them on their respective brands. That effectively shelved the scheduled Armageddon rematch for the Tag Titles. The Ladder Match featuring Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. MNM vs. The Hardys vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor was changed to Kendrick & London defending against Smackdown's newest team, Deuce & Domino.

Late this week McMahon changed his mind again and will continue to keep teaming them.

With this in mind, Chris Benoit & The Hardys vs. M.V.P. & MNM has been added to No Way Out.

This brings the official scorecard of non-Smackdown wrestlers on the show up a few notches. Raw wrestlers John Cena & Shawn Michaels are in the main event, the Divas from Raw and ECW will be a part of Teddy Long's Diva Talent Invitational, ECW Champion Bobby Lashley defends his title against Mr. Kennedy, and now, Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro from Raw will officially be a part of the show. Also just announced is a Cruiserweight Open, which features recently-moved-to-Raw Scotty 2 Hotty and ECW's Shannon Moore.

There is a potential, if you count all the women from Raw and ECW, of seeing 19 non-Smackdown Superstars on No Way Out, a Smackdown PPV.

while it does sort of make the PPV more 'special', it REALLY doesn't do the WWE any favors in the argument about the brand-split. They should not make a trend out of this... any further than they really have to.

while it does sort of make the PPV more 'special', it REALLY doesn't do the WWE any favors in the argument about the brand-split. They should not make a trend out of this... any further than they really have to.

I think it's just thier way of trying to get a decent buyrate and interest for the show before Mania that doesn't feature a title defense mainevent.

--Mistico will be getting a WWE tryout during the California swing over the next two weeks. I'm not sure of the date or dates but it is happening soon, and with TV in Bakersfield and San Diego, it could be this week. Talk about a guy who will come in with five strikes against him:

1) Size

2) Mask

3) Style

4) He's a huge draw somewhere else so they have to prove he can't make it in the big time (maybe they can put a wig on him)

5) Wrestler of the Year winner from a foreign country

Do you want Mistico to do well, get signed and make more money, or hope he fails so doesn't get abused by WWE?