TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I really want to know what criteria you judge that on where John Cena beats Benoit, Finlay, RVD, Hardy(s) and everyone else. Selling? Bumping? Offense? Structuring a match? Because in my opinion he's best in none of those, or even top 5 in any category.

His selling and bumping. Offense is getting a bit better, and he's worked better big Main Event matches than anyone else in the last year and a half. How can someone consistently go into different types of matches that match his opponent's strengths better than his and continue to have good-to-great matches and still be considered as a guy who tries hard but still sucks? That doesn't make sense, when Cena has actually been carrying quite a bit of his opponents.

Cena is good enough that he can keep up with great workers, but he's not good on his own. He can't carry people, because when he's put in the ring with a sub-par worker in a straight match, it invariably sucks and his weaknesses become readily apparent. Cena has had some good to great matches in the past, but that's when he's in with some top notch workers, and I think people see those matches and give Cena far too much credit, not realizing that the match was great more because of the other guy than anything Cena did. Cena was able to keep up for sure, but the majority of the credit for those matches goes to the guy Cena has been facing.

Hey Carlito, you're not the only Lashley fan on TSM.

I'm a fan of his until he grabs a mike or works. Seriously. WWE has done such an overload job in terms of pushing him that he's over with me until he speaks or wrestles. That's when all the god-like booking and video packages disappear. Damndest thing. It's a shame because I want to like him. Anyway, that leaves the pose and... that about covers it. His pose is over with me. How's that.

Hey Carlito, you're not the only Lashley fan on TSM.

I'm a fan of his until he grabs a mike or works. Seriously. WWE has done such an overload job in terms of pushing him that he's over with me until he speaks or wrestles. That's when all the god-like booking and video packages disappear. Damndest thing. It's a shame because I want to like him.

This is where a babyface manager would come in handy, but WWE have turned the manager/agent into almost a solely heel character.

He's screwed when he starts feuding with someone who doesn't mind being on a microphone for an entire twenty minute segment like Vince.

Oooh, I'm suddenly tickled at the idea of Edge and Lashley in a program, just because it'd do more to turn Lashley heel than anything, at which point he's allowed to have a manager in WWE-land. The crowd would turn on him the moment Edge got the green light to actually dig into Lashley.

I just can't see it that way with what Cena has been given. He's a fantastic big match wrestler and has made many main events really good... enough that you can't say he's constantly being carried.

Cena has something rare that other people don't. Everyone that feuds with him ends up benefiting from it.

I just wonder how many more awesome matches Cena has to have to be considered good?

if Cena did like, 3 - 4 new moves and didnt slag on them like he does the STFU, then people would totally agree to him being good. As it is he is good.. especially considering how relatively formulaic and basic his moves are.

Guest robrabies

KOAB,

You do realize that Cena's last three prolonged feuds (HHH, Edge, and now HBK) are with 3 of the five most experienced and best workers in the entire company.

How is he not being carried?

KOAB,

You do realize that Cena's last three prolonged feuds (HHH, Edge, and now HBK) are with 3 of the five most experienced and best workers in the entire company.

Because he carried Umaga on back to back PPV's. Cena doesn't need to be carried, he is a capable worker, he might not be the most skilled worker, but he is still good at keep the fans involved in the matches. Carrying someone is someone who is green or isn't a capable worker at all, that is not John Cena.

Because HHH and HBK are not good anymore. They can still apart of some good stuff when in there with the right people.

Edge has this rep as the best all-around guy in the company right now based on his feud with Cena. That's when many people took this notice of Edge and began to sing his praises highly. When is the last time Edge had a good match with someone else? He had a good match with Van Dam for the MITB qualifier. But shouldn't he have better matches when he's been mainly working DX since the Cena feud?

KOAB,

Because he carried Umaga on back to back PPV's. Cena doesn't need to be carried, he is a capable worker, he might not be the most skilled worker, but he is still good at keep the fans involved in the matches. Carrying someone is someone who is green or isn't a capable worker at all, that is not John Cena.

Umaga is another good worker. Cena has usually had good matches with guys who he has to carry the match with, while you put him in with another capable, good worker in Umaga, and he's had great matches.

There is a difference between being capable and being good. Cena is capable enough that he can be carried and can hold up his side of a good to great match if he is in the ring with a good worker. However, put Cena in the ring with a bad worker, and Umaga is not a bad worker, then the match sinks and it becomes obvious who really is making the good matches that Cena is involved in. Once again, nobody is saying Cena is bad, only that he just isn't as good as some people want to think he is.

Because HHH and HBK are not good anymore

I'm not any kind of HBK fan, but he's damn good at getting good matches out of limited workers.

Shawn and Cena had a pretty good match at Wrestlemania, and Cena, dubious selling of the leg aside, more then held up his side of things. But in no way, shape or form did Cena carry that match. If anybody seriously thinks Cena carried Shawn in that match, then they really have no clue.

Maybe I don't know a damn thing then, but I still think Cena carried that match.

HBK is really bad now. His back is so fucked up he can't really work on the mat or bump, so he has to take the offense in a match, but his offense sadly consists of a side kick, a couple of dives, and shitty chops and punches. He's a leathery dried out orange midget with white lips. Michaels literally doesn't look like a professional athlete. It makes it hard to work credibly against him when you have to spend the whole time selling.

Cena did some incredible creative selling in that match, just top rate stuff. I like the one part where Michaels is knocking him around and drags him towards the post to attack his knee. Cena really gets over the sense of struggle, he's bracing himself against the bottom rope with one foot, violently kicking at Michaels. All through the match he was staggering around like a wobbly boxer. He also does great glassy eyed selling, like he's trying to will himself away from a concussion. Plus he did all the athletic stuff in the match. Fuck a moonsault, rolling through a body press and deadlifting a guy on your back before slamming him into a pin takes some actual skill.

Anyway I just find it hilarious how a guy can be kept away from the mic, constantly be booked into long matches against shitty opponents and always deliver in them, and still maintain a rep as a guy who's over because he's pushed like Austin/Hogan/Rock.

KOAB,

Umaga is another good worker. Cena has usually had good matches with guys who he has to carry the match with, while you put him in with another capable, good worker in Umaga, and he's had great matches.

I don't think Umaga is a good worker. I liked his gimmick, and think he moves extremely well for his size, but apart from Cena who has he had good matches with? No one IMO.

Lashley and Umaga should be having good matches with each other, but there's so many other negative factors being added to their matches that they end up being nothing.

Give them twelve minutes, with nobody else involved, and just let them beat the shit out of each other.

I don't think Umaga is a good worker. I liked his gimmick, and think he moves extremely well for his size, but apart from Cena who has he had good matches with? No one IMO.

That's because apart from the Cena matches he's only had squashes and the mangled Lashley WM match. It's hard to work good matches when you aren't booked into any straight competitive ones.

Lashley and Umaga should be having good matches with each other, but there's so many other negative factors being added to their matches that they end up being nothing.

Give them twelve minutes, with nobody else involved, and just let them beat the shit out of each other.

That would be the best result.

SmackDown Diva Ashley will be out of in-ring action after the vicious attack by Jillian on SmackDown. Ashley has loosened a screw in her ankle that will need to be surgically repaired. The screw will be reinserted into a plate in her ankle – a plate inserted last year after Ashley fractured her tibia and fibula while in action. There is no timetable for her in-ring return.

WWE.com

All rejoice.

Umaga isn't nearly as bad as Khali, but you're dreaming if you think in-ring ability is his appeal. He does well with his character and at the very least makes people notice him, which is what I was saying. Orton is flat out boring compared to any other upper midcarder or main eventer in the company. He's got a standard look, has a standard moveset, has standard interviews and as a consequence nobody cares about him unless he does something stupid backstage and that isn't positive heat. There is nothing unique about him.

The word "carrying" is definitely thrown around way too much. Why does everyone automatically assume that if a match is good, the better worker must have "carried" it? Sure, there are lots of examples of that, but some people seem to think the act of "carrying" can be applied to every match. It can't. I'm not even talking about the ongoing Cena argument, just the general notion that nearly every match is supposedly a "carry-job" one way or the other.

Take the Wembley stadium match with Bret and Bulldog. Bret was a way better worker. By all accounts, Bulldog blew up early in the match, forgot every spot they planned, and Bret considers the match such an accomplishment because he literally had to walk Davey through the whole match. In fact, if you go back and watch the match, there are a lot of points where you can just tell Bret is guiding him and setting up the whole flow of the match by himself. Now I think Bulldog was a really good worker in his own right. But in this particular match, he was clearly carried by Bret.

Now consider Bret against Piper at Wrestlemania. Again, everyone knows Bret was a much better worker. Piper may be a legendary name, but he didn't exactly have a ton of mat classics to his credit. They went out and had a classic match. And yet, I would never try to claim Bret carried Piper, because he didn't. Piper clearly more than held up his end of the match. Bret gave his usual great performance, but he didn't have to walk Piper through anything.

When you think about it, the situations are similar. Bret was by far a better worker than each of his opponents. In fact, most would say Bulldog was a much better worker than Piper. But one of those matches was a carry-job. And one wasn't even close.

Seems like most people would have you believe that the better worker carries every single match they're in, when that's really not the case.

These are from Keller so take them with a grain of salt......

Mick Foley's make a wish angle on tonight's Raw will setup his next feud. As of last week it was scheduled to be with Umaga but Nitro has been discussed as well.

WWE hired Colt Cabana for two reasons. 1. He was on MTV and 2. Because CM Punk and Mr. Kennedy both put in a good word for him. He will be reporting to DSW in May.

WWE is no longer doing developmental deals. Everyone is getting the same contracts now with a base pay of 30 grand a year for new guys. Once you are signed you go to 1 of 5 brands which are Raw, ECW, SD, OVW or DSW.

There is talk that Todd Grisham will take over for Michael Cole as lead Smackdown announcer when he switches to Raw once JR retires. Vince is finally happy with Joey Styles commentary but he isn't even being considered for the job.

Coach is said to be more happy with his current WWE role right now than ever. He didn't mind being an interviewer and host but he hated being a commentator. He really loves what he is doing right now and he and Vince get along better now than ever.

The Mr. Perfect DVD will be two discs and is currently scheduled for a late fall 07 release.

There is talk of making The Miz the new GM of Smackdown or Raw.

The One Night Stand poster is half Lashley and half Marcus Cor Von's face. As of last week that is the planned ECW title match for the show.

There is talk of doing Batista/Taker in a Hell in the Cell mach later this summer.

WWE is intrested in A1 and he might be getting a contract soon.

They are trying to find someone on the Indy's to do the Harry Potter gimmick that Mikey Batts turned down.

The poster is Lashley and Monty...........I know there was some debate on that a little bit back.

I think I'm going to watch Michaels/Cena again and get to the bottom of this Cena thing. It'd be full viewing #3, so I'll give some (gasp) honest-to-goodness serious arguments. I haven't done this since Rock/Austin at Safeco Field, but it's fun.