TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I think that:

A) JBL is a great color man who puts over the workers tremendously.

B) He does include himself a tad too much sometimes.

C) Despite any criticism, he's 100% better than Michael Cole, who he constantly is correcting about logic and factual information.

Trish Stratus is opening up a yoga studio in Toronto. When she went down with her back injury a few years back she got heavily into yoga and is now a huge proponent.

f4w newsletter

I think JBL is the best heel commentator since Bobby Heenan. I also was very into Cyrus in his ECW days.

The WWE just seems soo... half assed. It's really annoying because I know that they can do SO much better than what they are at now.

I remember that the story lines for the IC belts and other non-world title belts actually meant something. It's like they throw a bunch of shit at the wall and just go with what sticks.

Hey, Carlito and Corkscrew. When you're talking directly to one another, you don't need to quote the entire conversation in every post. The rest of us are quick enough to follow along.

Hey, Jericho2000Mark -- you suck! But wait, let's delve into it a bit more. You touch on something interesting amidst your "I hate everyone Hoff loves" rant -- the HBK kip-up spot. We all know the spot; Michaels has been getting his ass kicked for, like, a year, and then POW, he's on his feet. Clearly he must have a poor grasp of in-ring psychology!

WRONG

Here's the thing. Pro wrestling is not amateur wrestling. It's not mixed martial arts, it's not shoot fighting, it's nothing close to real fighting of any kind. It's a form of physical storytelling, more akin to a comic book than anything else. Yes, it is a form of sport, and it should logically follow. But to sacrifice drama for the sake of logic is not only boring, but it doesn't sell tickets. The reason that the live crowds cheer like mad for that spot is because they want to see the hero come back from the brink of oblivion. They want to see him regain his strength to vanquish a deadly foe. That's why the formula has worked so well for so long. Michaels bumps like a pinball, making his opponent look like a killer, then finds the inner fire to come back and win against overwhelming odds. It's the same thing Cena does, and thus far, that formula has worked well for the E.

Never mind the overlooked point by anyone who criticizes the spot -- that it's NOT out of nowhere. Usually, Michaels will counter a move, hit some chops, maybe an atomic drop, then usually hits the flying forearm before the kippup. Formulaic, yes, but hardly "out of nowhere."

J2M, I'm not meaning to single you out or start a fight, you're totally entitled to your view. You just happened to mention the kip-up spot, which always gets criticized, and I wanted to provide a counterpoint that maybe it's not such bad psychology -- just not what you or others may appreciate.

Yeah!

Here's the thing. Pro wrestling is not amateur wrestling. It's not mixed martial arts, it's not shoot fighting, it's nothing close to real fighting of any kind. It's a form of physical storytelling, more akin to a comic book than anything else. Yes, it is a form of sport, and it should logically follow. But to sacrifice drama for the sake of logic is not only boring, but it doesn't sell tickets. The reason that the live crowds cheer like mad for that spot is because they want to see the hero come back from the brink of oblivion. They want to see him regain his strength to vanquish a deadly foe. That's why the formula has worked so well for so long. Michaels bumps like a pinball, making his opponent look like a killer, then finds the inner fire to come back and win against overwhelming odds. It's the same thing Cena does, and thus far, that formula has worked well for the E.

Never mind the overlooked point by anyone who criticizes the spot -- that it's NOT out of nowhere. Usually, Michaels will counter a move, hit some chops, maybe an atomic drop, then usually hits the flying forearm before the kippup. Formulaic, yes, but hardly "out of nowhere."

J2M, I'm not meaning to single you out or start a fight, you're totally entitled to your view. You just happened to mention the kip-up spot, which always gets criticized, and I wanted to provide a counterpoint that maybe it's not such bad psychology -- just not what you or others may appreciate.

I'm 100% with Hoff on this...why people still bitch about it is beyond me. The top faces will always make those super comebacks...that's just how it is.

My earliest Hadys memory is seeing Matt beating Razor Ramon by countout after Goldust came onto him. So that's at least 96, January 96, and they've probably been around much longer.

I doubt the Hardys are continuous though. If you looked at their debuts as jobbers, Mick Foley would earn consideration for debuting in 1986.

The longest tenured employee at this point is probably Pat Patterson.

is Hardcore Holly the most tenured WWE guy behind Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker?

Hardcore freaking Sparky Plugg Holly...wtf...

Triple H debut not too long after Holly or around the same time, in 1995.

How about Viscera?

Howard Finkel's been with the company since 1975.

Mark Henry is probably one of the longest tenured in-ring performers.

He's been there over a decade now, he debut in 1996.

How about referees? Chioda has been around since 1990 (though he was gone for a couple years before 1993). White has been with the company as referee, assistant/handler (Andre) and producer since the 1980's.

4. Randy Orton. He's below average in all aspects, is boring to watch, has practically no psychology (bodyslam...chinlock, clothesline...chinlock), executes his moves poorly, has virtually no charisma and fumbles his rather simple promos. Easily the least talented and least deserving wrestler ever to hold a major World Title, he belongs in the low-midcard at best, and would be enhancement talent if not for his family.

Jesus Christ.

It's funny how people forget that Orton got over on his own merits as Intercontinental Champion, with his 'virtually no charisma' and 'simple promos', before he was killed by bad booking. He's nowhere near as bad as everybody rejoices in making out (at least he knows how to sell a bodypart, unlike a certain WWE Champion). Funny to think he was an IWC darling a few years ago for taking a thumbtack bump. How times change.

4. Randy Orton. He's below average in all aspects, is boring to watch, has practically no psychology (bodyslam...chinlock, clothesline...chinlock), executes his moves poorly, has virtually no charisma and fumbles his rather simple promos. Easily the least talented and least deserving wrestler ever to hold a major World Title, he belongs in the low-midcard at best, and would be enhancement talent if not for his family.

Jesus Christ.

It's funny how people forget that Orton got over on his own merits as Intercontinental Champion, with his 'virtually no charisma' and 'simple promos', before he was killed by bad booking. He's nowhere near as bad as everybody rejoices in making out (at least he knows how to sell a bodypart, unlike a certain WWE Champion). Funny to think he was an IWC darling a few years ago for taking a thumbtack bump. How times change.

I was watching raw this week, and I thought it was impressive that when he came out for the cutting edge, he was still selling his injured leg. A lot of wrestlers forget little things like that.