TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Well I did sign up the other day for DVDR's board but I haven't posted on there. I also occasionally look at wrestlecrap's board but the thing is on those boards I'm a newbie with the goofy "OVW" rating or "Body Donna" or something lame. At least with this site I've been on the board since it was first thesmartmarks.com and even back before then when it was still Rantsylvania.

The DVDVR is just a board full of alot of really "elitest" style posters.......people who are so out there they will tell you bad wrestlers are great like Mark Henry then other people will actually agree.....it's like the twilight zone.

I think the best way to describe the board is.........people who think they are better than "smarks" so they act like total marks and then will make fun of anyone who says something smarky.....

Make a comment about Triple H holding guys down, hell everyone knows the guy does it.......make that comment over there like him fucking with Edge or something they'll explode that your just another dumbass that doesn't know shit......

Like I said twilight zone...

What is the DVDR board though?

A forum, similar to this, but much, much worse.

Some would say DVDR is 10 times better then this board, but that's neither here or there. Why are people even talking about "DVDR"?

Yeah, the attention whoring morons who pollute that board, maybe.

GodSon is that you? But really SM is never talked about over there. It seems kind ofr stupid to bash another board, where alot of posters here go there also.

I will Admit DVDR has some interesting threads, but dear lord do they have some really moronic, uneducated people, although something tells me they just say stupid shit like "Mark Henry is an excellent worker" so that people will react to it. Unfortunately, most of them seem to have taken that approach, leading to some of the most retarded, non-markish posts ever on any wrestling forum.

Well I did sign up the other day for DVDR's board but I haven't posted on there. I also occasionally look at wrestlecrap's board but the thing is on those boards I'm a newbie with the goofy "OVW" rating or "Body Donna" or something lame. At least with this site I've been on the board since it was first thesmartmarks.com and even back before then when it was still Rantsylvania.

I'll say this I read that board before this one and I enjoy this place alot more........DVDVR is just loaded with complete douchebags and morons.

What is the DVDR board though?

A forum, similar to this, but much, much worse.

Some would say DVDR is 10 times better then this board, but that's neither here or there. Why are people even talking about "DVDR"?

Yeah, the attention whoring morons who pollute that board, maybe.

GodSon is that you? But really SM is never talked about over there. It seems kind ofr stupid to bash another board, where alot of posters here go there also.

I will Admit DVDR has some interesting threads, but dear lord do they have some really moronic, uneducated people, although something tells me they just say stupid shit like "Mark Henry is an excellent worker" so that people will react to it. Unfortunately, most of them seem to have taken that approach, leading to some of the most retarded, non-markish posts ever on any wrestling forum.

The worst is that DutchessofDukes guy..........any thread he posts in turns into that he's almighty and all knowing and anyone who challenges him is a mouth breathing idiot and then 90% of the other posters praise him.

The DVDVR is just a board full of alot of really "elitest" style posters.......people who are so out there they will tell you bad wrestlers are great like Mark Henry then other people will actually agree.....it's like the twilight zone.

I think the best way to describe the board is.........people who think they are better than "smarks" so they act like total marks and then will make fun of anyone who says something smarky.....

Make a comment about Triple H holding guys down, hell everyone knows the guy does it.......make that comment over there like him fucking with Edge or something they'll explode that your just another dumbass that doesn't know shit......

Well Mark Henry isn't a bad worker, he isn't that great, but he's far from bad. I think the majority of the people on DVDR feel he has improved as a worker, and has a awsome charcater. I'm part of that same logic of thinking. I think people in the IWC are trained to believe you have to be 5'11 and channel Chris Benoit, to qualify as a good worker. Mark Henry has found something that works, and he's great at carryin it out. His matches now are perfectly acceptable, and you coulodn't say that 3 years ago. He has great timing, a pretty good offense, doesn't blow up easy, and has really learned when to sell, and not too. He also makes the moment, that his opponent actually knock him off his feet means something, and it gets a great reaction from the crowd.

So yeah, Henry is actually pretty good. Nobody is saying he's Kawada, but still he's a prefectly acceptable wrestler right now. Well until, he breaks a bone...Again.

DVDR is far from a bad board, just like this is far from a bad board. I might prefer DVDR, but I can understand posters liking here better, but there is no need to say DVDR sucks. I seen somebody diss Dutch, well my 1st time here there was a guy name "RAVISHINGRICKRUDO" who was a bit of a prick, but that didn't change my opion of the forums here.

This place wipes the floor with DVDVR.

They, no shit, believe Mark Henry is better than HBK, Cena is better than Bret Hart, Finlay's wrestling style is antiquated and boring, Raw is better than SmackDown, and that WWE now is better than WWE circa 1998-2000.

Whoever said DVDVR was like the twilight zone is dead on. They all obviously spend all their time watching wrestling; they all know about all of Japan's promotions, etc. They use a bunch of smarkish lingo to justify their bizarre opinions, yet they are absolutely the biggest pseudo-marks in the world and eat whatever WWE feeds them.

Well Mark Henry isn't a bad worker, he isn't that great, but he's far from bad. I think the majority of the people on DVDR feel he has improved as a worker, and has a awsome charcater. I'm part of that same logic of thinking. I think people in the IWC are trained to believe you have to be 5'11 and channel Chris Benoit, to qualify as a good worker. Mark Henry has found something that works, and he's great at carryin it out. His matches now are perfectly acceptable, and you coulodn't say that 3 years ago. He has great timing, a pretty good offense, doesn't blow up easy, and has really learned when to sell, and not too. He also makes the moment, that his opponent actually knock him off his feet means something, and it gets a great reaction from the crowd.

So yeah, Henry is actually pretty good. Nobody is saying he's Kawada, but still he's a prefectly acceptable wrestler right now. Well until, he breaks a bone...Again.

DVDR is far from a bad board, just like this is far from a bad board. I might prefer DVDR, but I can understand posters liking here better, but there is no need to say DVDR sucks. I seen somebody diss Dutch, well my 1st time here there was a guy name "RAVISHINGRICKRUDO" who was a bit of a prick, but that didn't change my opion of the forums here.

I'd definitely call Henry a bad worker. Did you see his attack on Taker when he returned? He was throwing some of the slowest, shittiest punches I've ever seen.

This place wipes the floor with DVDVR.

They, no shit, believe Mark Henry is better than HBK, Cena is better than Bret Hart, Finlay's wrestling style is antiquated and boring, Raw is better than SmackDown, and that WWE now is better than WWE circa 1998-2000.

Whoever said DVDVR was like the twilight zone is dead on. They all obviously spend all their time watching wrestling; they all know about all of Japan's promotions, etc. They use a bunch of smarkish lingo to justify their bizarre opinions, yet they are absolutely the biggest pseudo-marks in the world and eat whatever WWE feeds them.

They think non of the above. Finlay is probably top 5 on DVDR, as one of the best workers. You're not telling the truth, man. They feel Shawn Micheals is a fag, but they don't feel HBK is a better worker. They almost unamimously think Smackdown is the best show on telivision, and sure a lot of people think it's better then WWE 2000, the show is that good. Nobody think Raw is be4tter then Smackdown, unless it's a troll. Cena is the best wrestler in the world (January-May) so far today, but the majority over there do not think he's better then Bret.

Thery don't "eat whatever WWE feeds them" like you so elequently put it. They're just enjoying the shows this far this year. They have a very good Puro forum, and alot of posters know their shit in Puro. What exactly is wrong with that?

I'd definitely call Henry a bad worker. Did you see his attack on Taker when he returned? He was throwing some of the slowest, shittiest punches I've ever seen.

The overall beatdown was great too me, and really got Henry back over. I don't remember him having bad punches, but I'll have to rewatch it. Even if that is true, bad punches doesn't= a bad worker. Shawn Micheals chops are awful, that doen't make him a bad worker. Same goes for Cena, and his punches. Now on the flip side, you can have awsome punches like Ron Killings,. and still be a pretty mediocre worker.

Watch a Raw from 98/99 and then a recent Raw or SmackDown episode (maybe not like, within the past 2 weeks recent, but over the past few months). Watch Backlash 07 then watch Unforgiven 98 or Backlash 99 . Rose coloured nostalgia glasses aside, the idea that the product is (from an overall standpoint, just not big ratings and the like) better now than it was in 98/99 isn't the most absurd idea you presented.

Can't lump 2000 in though, that was some good stuff.

Cena isn't even the best wrestler on Raw. Mark Henry is awful and Shawn Michaels isn't great at all.

Cena is easily the best wrestler on Raw, and it'd be a hell of a argument too who is a better wrestler in the world, right now.

Henry isn't afwul.

I agree on Micheals.

Watch a Raw from 98/99 and then a recent Raw or SmackDown episode (maybe not like, within the past 2 weeks recent, but over the past few months). Watch Backlash 07 then watch Unforgiven 98 or Backlash 99 . Rose coloured nostalgia glasses aside, the idea that the product is (from an overall standpoint, just not big ratings and the like) better now than it was in 98/99 isn't the most absurd idea you presented.

Can't lump 2000 in though, that was some good stuff.

I agree completly.

Cena is the best worker on Raw and is easily having the best year thus far in the world with only contenders being Morishima, Joe and Jimmy Jacobs. Cena pulled a tremendous gem out of fuckin' Khali. His brawl with Umaga easily stands of the MOTY in WWE. How could anyone other then biased Cena haters (and there's some still out there amazingly) seriously argue for someone else on Raw or even as a whole in WWE?

I would counter and say Edge (while not on Raw) is probably the most consistent worker in the E right now, but that would just bring on the surprisingly high (as in, more than zero) number of Edge haters who think he has no business in the main event scene.

Cena isn't even the best wrestler on Raw. Mark Henry is awful and Shawn Michaels isn't great at all.

Cena is easily the best wrestler on Raw, and it'd be a hell of a argument too who is a better wrestler in the world, right now.

Henry isn't afwul.

I agree on Micheals.

Because of his push or because of his talent? I think he does a good job of working with various styles of opponents and had entertaining matches because he gets such big reactions (good or bad). However, his offense is not crisp or varied enough; his selling is tremendous on an individual basis but terrible in the context of an entire match; and his character is stale if you want to include that aspect of wrestling.

If you put other people in his main event role and gave them a god push, they could get over at his level, too. Not everyone, but most competent wrestlers could. He has been pushed as a god, and the fans have accepted that he is a main event player because of it. It's buying into the role that WWE gave him. In a predetermined "sport," it's kind of hard to not accept the pushes the wrestlers are given as their level, because the don't have real matches to determine who is the best.

They could by having a different definition of worker/wrestler.

I wasn't really that impressed with Cena/Umaga or Cena/Khali. Were they acceptable matches, of course they were. Problem is this: Between the two "Goliath"s, name me three other matches this year that were competitive AND had unclear finishes going in.

There aren't many. Umaga/Hardy for the IC strap on RAW was the only one that came to mind for me.

It's not that hard to look like a top-class worker when you're the only guy that puts up any semblance of a fight against a previously dominant heel. (And really, we could've bought Khali getting the belt at JD, or Umaga getting the belt one of the times he went for it; there's enough build for the heel as well as logical people to interfere if an unclean finish was needed)

Cena's very good at playing Hogan 2007, but that doesn't make him a great wrestler.

...then again, I've seen a lot of his work and I know he's a highly skilled wrestler, so I'm arguing against something that in theory, I believe (Cena is a great worker, but in his current situation he doesn't get to show it because he's too busy "wrestling" like a thug, selling beatings & then overcoming the odds to get the victory)

Well, Cena probably is the best worker on Raw given how horrible the roster is. Although you could make a strong case that Matt Hardy and Shelton are better, they just aren't given the time to put on good matches.

Henry isn't afwul.

I agree on Micheals.

Because of his push or because of his talent? I think he does a good job of working with various styles of opponents and had entertaining matches because he gets such big reactions (good or bad). However, his offense is not crisp or varied enough; his selling is tremendous on an individual basis but terrible in the context of an entire match; and his character is stale if you want to include that aspect of wrestling.

If you put other people in his main event role and gave them a god push, they could get over at his level, too. Not everyone, but most competent wrestlers could. He has been pushed as a god, and the fans have accepted that he is a main event player because of it. It's buying into the role that WWE gave him. In a predetermined "sport," it's kind of hard to not accept the pushes the wrestlers are given as their level, because the don't have real matches to determine who is the best.

Cena is a great wrestler, and he is a very good seller. This is really not debatable, unless you're just "debating just to debate" because whn you say "Cena isn't a good seller" you're clearly wrong. Cena's boggest attribute is his selling, and how he works around his injuries the whole match like Slapping, and yelling at his arm against Micheals from Raw, or selling frustration when he looks at Kings asking "What does he have to do, to keep HBK down" or playing off mistakes he made at Mania, and trying to avoid them in the Raw match.

Then against Umaga, the 1st match Cena was basically getting killed, and escaped with his live. Which is why the Rumble matvch was so great, Umagag came in trying to really kill Cena, which made Cena turn in to a "Guy fighting for his life, and becoming just as vicious as the monster Umaga. He basically made Umaga make alot of mistakes, basically using the "Punch yourself out defense". He'll take a million shots from Umaga, which would get Umaga in too a groove, but every time Umaga went for the death blow, Cena was actually making Umaga kill himself. Shit like Throwing the stairs at Umaga's head, after Umaga crashes and burns too the outside, then slamming him on the steps. Even after Umaga ran the tables, and missed, Umaga kept coming back like Jason, and Cena finally had to choke him to death too get the victory, that was classic match and the best LMS match ever.

The 4 way, The Mania match with Micheals, and his tag matches with Shawn vs Tista/Taker were also very good.

He pulled a MOTN with Khali, and that's something only Taker could do, and Cena did it better then Taker.

So yeah, Cena's selling is pretty much his bread and butter. Cena's not having a lot of moves, or aka a "varied offense" really doesn't mean shit, if he uses his limited moveset wise;ly. Foley and Austin didn't have a wide arsenal of moves, they were still great workers. Cena has a stale character, but that doesn't mean he's a bad worker, and like I said he's the best wrestler in the world today, so he's done more with less, and has better matches then a guy who basicallly just put on a "showcase of skills" like say a Danielson.

His push is more then justified, when you see the fact that House shows are up, he sells tons of merchandise, and gets a reaction out of the whole arena wheter they like him or not. People pay too cheer Cena, and people pay hoping too see him lose. Either way Cena is bringing people to the shows, and is putting out great matches to go along with it. I don't know what more you can ask for, and if you think Shelton fucking Benjamin is a better worker, or even a good worker, that is pure comedy.

They could by having a different definition of worker/wrestler.

I wasn't really that impressed with Cena/Umaga or Cena/Khali. Were they acceptable matches, of course they were. Problem is this: Between the two "Goliath"s, name me three other matches this year that were competitive AND had unclear finishes going in.

There aren't many. Umaga/Hardy for the IC strap on RAW was the only one that came to mind for me.

It's not that hard to look like a top-class worker when you're the only guy that puts up any semblance of a fight against a previously dominant heel. (And really, we could've bought Khali getting the belt at JD, or Umaga getting the belt one of the times he went for it; there's enough build for the heel as well as logical people to interfere if an unclean finish was needed)

Cena's very good at playing Hogan 2007, but that doesn't make him a great wrestler.

...then again, I've seen a lot of his work and I know he's a highly skilled wrestler, so I'm arguing against something that in theory, I believe (Cena is a great worker, but in his current situation he doesn't get to show it because he's too busy "wrestling" like a thug, selling beatings & then overcoming the odds to get the victory)

Cena hasn't been a "thug" for about 2 years now. Hell, he was just a marine for 2006. Cena's charcater is basically the whole "Fighting Champion, who doesn't BACK DOWN FROM A Fight" schtick.

Well, Cena probably is the best worker on Raw given how horrible the roster is. Although you could make a strong case that Matt Hardy and Shelton are better, they just aren't given the time to put on good matches.

This is laughable....But Matt Hardy is also having a awsome year, but he's way below Cena right now. Shelton Benjamin, is a bit of a joke s a worker, and letts not say "It's the bookers fault" the guy is a fucking spot machine, and he blows alot of them.

Except, John Cena is having the best year right now. Does that make him the BEST? No but the fact remains, he is having the best year and deserves the credit for that.

A great detail in the difference of quality between Cena and Undertaker/HBK in their matches with Khali is that the matches with Taker/HBK became about the bumps and the focus goes to the bumper. That's textbook Michaels stuff. Cena sells Khali authentic. The whiplash bumps, the tightness that he brings. Cena makes others look better.

Matt Hardy is having a solid year but he's not close enough to honestly be considered the best worker. Edge can't be strongly considered since he hasn't had as stellar of a year as he did in 2006 at this point.

and like I said he's the best wrestler in the world today

It's like watching WP post all over again, except this time it's Cena instead of Undertaker.

would you rather it be Jingus hating Cena for all the wrong reasons like at the other place?

A great detail in the difference of quality between Cena and Undertaker/HBK in their matches with Khali is that the matches with Taker/HBK became about the bumps and the focus goes to the bumper.

I'm not sure I follow...it's not like HBK was out there pulling a Summerslam 05 on Khali...he has to make the bump look vicious to sell the effect of the move and the power of the guy doing the move to him.

I agree. Maybe Mark Henry has improved but he's still not very good. To see him so consistently praised like that is just weird.

I think there's something to the whole smarkish attitudes collapsing on themselves and doing a 180. The original stereotypical smark pulled for the overlooked, talented workers and went against the popular opinion of the marks. Then when the business went downhill and undeserving guys were put on top it was initially cool to bash them as expected. But it's almost like the new stereotypical smark feels it necessary to rebel against general smark opinions, to the point where it's now cool to be an anti-smark and agree with marks all over again. This is why we get so much crap about how Henry, Khali, and to a lesser extent Cena are so great. Well, they're not.

When I see people praise Khali, I don't get it. Do you really enjoy it when this guy comes on to your TV screen? You really say to yourself, man I hope Khali is wrestling next? You honestly want to see him in main events? You really want him to be the champ? He's Giant Gonzalez 2.0. Look, I'm not saying you're only allowed to like 220 pound guys or Chris Benoit technician types. There's always been a place for guys like Khali in wrestling and there always will be. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I just don't understand how you could possibly take him seriously and want to see him anywhere near a main event. To me it reeks of going against the expected smark opinion just for the hell of it. I don't buy that many people on this board legitimately like the guy.

Cena is a different beast because obviously he's way better than Khali or Henry, but I still think a similar principle applies. There was so much backlash against the guy initially (and for good reason) that now a lot of internet fans are swinging back the other way and agreeing with the mark fanbase just to be different online. This isn't a case of me hating Cena or bashing him just to bash him. I don't care about the guy. I'm completely indifferent. I just find it hard to believe that so many smarks are eating up his act. I think Cena's okay. The guy does a solid job in his role. It's just a terribly boring and uninteresting role. If you enjoy his matches, that's fine. I personally don't think they're anything special or that there's anything special about him. In any other era he'd be a midcarder. He's neither a guy that can get by solely on his character or charisma like Hogan or Rock, nor is he a guy that is good enough in the ring to get by on that alone like Bret or Shawn. He has his strong points from both sides; he's got a pretty good presence about him and he can have the occasional good match. But there's plenty of guys histrocially that have been a better combination of both those extremes.

Everyone that's claiming Cena is some top-flight worker or the best wrestler in the company or the world or whatever is just fooling themselves. Believing that is not all that different than believing the Ultimate Warrior was the best guy in the company because he squashed everyone, except you should know better by now. (Not that he's actually as poor of a worker as Warrior.) Cena is given a ridiculous and constant push. Of course he's gonna look good. He's the only guy on Raw that consistently gets to have long matches. Also, I think people forget that he's part of the new breed of wrestler that is pre-packaged from day one, in an era where promos are scripted verbatim, none of the new guys hone their craft before getting thrown on TV, and nobody knows how to call a match in the ring anymore. This isn't his fault, but to say he's a better worker than the best of the old-school guys that have been around forever is just silly. How can anyone seriously claim that Cena is the hands-down best wrestler in the company? Off the top of my head, there's Michaels, Benoit, Edge, HHH, Mysterio, Jericho, and you could make strong arguments for guys like Booker, Matt Hardy, Regal, Finlay, etc. Probably Punk, though I admit I haven't seen enough of him. And I hesitate to say Flair since he's an old man now. But you get the point. I'm not saying all those guys should have Cena's spot, but really, you're telling me there's not one guy in the company that's better in the ring than John Cena? Okay.

as a Mysterio mark, I can safely tell you there's no way he's a better worker than Cena.

Maybe 10 years ago he was, but these last couple of years haven't been the greatest for Mysterio. If anyone's matches follow the same formulas, it's his. Horrendous booking aside, he's declined in a big way.

When I see people praise Khali, I don't get it. Do you really enjoy it when this guy comes on to your TV screen

Yes. He's not a danielson or anyone like that but I do find him entertaining. He's a freak show. He's like that whore at a frat party that's drunk as hell and you watch to see what she will do next.

Cena as a worker is better than :Mysterio, Punk, Joe, and most everybody. Worker means more than Workrate. Cena is one of the best people to get a match over with the crowd. Just watch his matches compared to Punk's. Of course this all has to do with booking but WWE is booking him right.