TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

WWE has banned the shooting star press and the 450 splash. SmackDown superstar Paul London did a shooting star plancha which wasn’t technically illegal, but Vince McMahon told him if he did it again he would fire him on the spot. -Lordsofpain.net

That's in the Observer too........

The WWE's tag line should be "if you aren't a maineventer don't be doing moves that get over we decide when you get over....." then it should have a subtitle that says "don't show up are big clogger maineventers that can't do that shit either"

I competely understand why WWE would ban those two moves. While the two moves are really cool visually, if you loose control of your body in the middle of the move, odds are your going to hurt yourself or the guy your landing on. WWE banning those two moves to protect their workers is a great move on their part.

Time to learn the spear boys. Or as Edge does it, the soft gentle hug to the canvas.

Hell the powerbomb can be more dangerous than the shooting star but you damn well know they aren't going to ban that one anytime soon.

Time to learn the spear boys. Or as Edge does it, the soft gentle hug to the canvas.

Hell the powerbomb can be more dangerous than the shooting star but you damn well know they aren't going to ban that one anytime soon.

Actually..to be honest the powerbomb isn't more dangerous than the shooting star. I've taken a powerbomb on Thumbtacks and I was ok...other than the tumbtacks of course.

Actually..to be honest the powerbomb isn't more dangerous than the shooting star. I've taken a powerbomb on Thumbtacks and I was ok...other than the tumbtacks of course.

I think Droz would disagree.. well, him and the other wrestlers that wound up with career-ending / life-threatening neck injuries.

I could've sworn the SSP and 450 were banned a while ago. Like way back when London allegedly complained and got stuck with the losing streak gimmick.

The fact of the matter is these are professionals, not some kids in the backyard, but no matter what shit is bound to happen. Someone is bound to fuck up on a powerbomb and they certainly have before, just like you have fuck ups on SSPs or even on the basics of basics like hiptosses and suplexes. Frankly I don't think any one type of move has a higher rate of botches than another.

They're banning the moves because they are moves that will get undercard guys over.........they don't want guys getting over unless they choose them to be over.....

They also don't want their mainevent guys or "style" to be shown up.......in WCW they let their guys just go WWE would never allow that.

- Post Raw, Cena and Lashly stand in the middle of the ring and stair each other down. Cena pokes lashly, but cooler heads prevail and they shake hands... But...

- Lashley turns on Cena, punches him out, and gives him the dominator to a big pop and celebrates with the WWE title like he is going to go for it next ... Cena gets up to a chores of boos, walks around the ring with hands on hips circa hogan with hand to ear and gets booed loudly for about 5 minutes before his music plays and he goes up the ramp to boos. He stays there and pretends to about hold the title up in the air like he always does but chooses not too, gets booed.

-WrestleZone.com

I need some verification on this...but im guessing if it's true...since it wasnt on tv it doesnt count...but I dont know....

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Angel Williams had been in WWE's developmental system for about two and half years and just wasn't able to make it to the main roster for one reason or another. She was really close to being called up on at least two occasions, but it seems like something would always come up at the last minute to prevent her from finally breaking through into the big leagues.

Williams was on the brink of being called up to the SmackDown roster in January 2006 to replace Jillian Hall as JBL's consultant, but her knee blew out at a Deep South Wrestling show a few days before her scheduled WWE debut. Also, Vince McMahon was impressed with how Jillian Hall reacted to The Boogeyman biting the cookie-like "growth" one her face on TV, so he changed his mind on replacing her. She was then close to being called with The Gymini, but the team didn't impress management in their dark matches late last year, and they were subsequently let go about two months later.

Anyways, the reason given for Angel Williams' firing is that well, management just didn't feel that she was pretty enough to be a WWE Diva, and thus she was let go. PWInsider.com also reported that she had a bit of an attitude problem at times while in DSW, although it doesn't look like she was necessarily released for that.

Furthermore, a person in the know with things down in Ohio Valley Wrestling said that Williams burst into tears upon receiving the news of her termination from Stephanie McMahon, who personally informed her that she was being let go from WWE. After her meeting with Stephanie, "she was blubbering like a baby," the source said.

For anyone that's seen Angel.......that has to be a joke right?

Speaking of the spear. Lashley and Batista should be banned from doing it since it's Edge's finisher.

Speaking of the spear. Lashley and Batista should be banned from doing it since it's Edge's finisher.

Edge needs to be the one banned from doing it since his looks the weakest of the three. Plus he has tons of better moves over the years that he has used as finishers. From his Downward Spiral to his series of Edge-Cutioners and his submission move. All of which look much more devastating than his spear.

Angel will probably give Scott D'Amore a call and see if there is any place for her in TNA. I guess there's always Shimmer as well. Being a diva developmental is a waste of time unless you are a diva search also-ran.

I don't mind the banning of the SSP and 450 splashes - there is too much room for error and injury. If one gets over on such mores, fans expect to see that move at every house show to boot and that only multiplies the chance of injury.

Besides, the SSP makes moonsaults and Swanton Bombs look pedestrian.

I do believe Ken Kennedy only got over initially because of his off the second rope finisher. I also think that's what injured him the first time and made him miss 8 mos.

What was the thought process of Brad Armstrong's Candyman gimmick. I'm watching WCW 1990, and I don't get it

I think that was one of Jim Herd's ideas.

Okay, seriously, how many times has Kidman injured himself or anyone else with the SSP?

Twice that I can remember.

Angel will probably give Scott D'Amore a call and see if there is any place for her in TNA. I guess there's always Shimmer as well. Being a diva developmental is a waste of time unless you are a diva search also-ran.

I don't mind the banning of the SSP and 450 splashes - there is too much room for error and injury. If one gets over on such mores, fans expect to see that move at every house show to boot and that only multiplies the chance of injury.

Besides, the SSP makes moonsaults and Swanton Bombs look pedestrian.

I do believe Ken Kennedy only got over initially because of his off the second rope finisher. I also think that's what injured him the first time and made him miss 8 mos.

Personally Kennedy got over with me for his KENNEDY..... KENNEDY shtick as opposed to the Second Rope Steamroller. I don't think they should outright ban the SSP and 450, but put them on special needs circumstances like the Piledriver.

Kidman's SSP is a terrible one to use as an example - it was ugly as hell. It was more like falling with style. He's sorta chuck himself off, flipping in the descent and completely out of control. If done by London (among others), it's really all for show and style points and really nothing more than a top rope splash. You're basically flipping on your way up and then come down under control for the splash.

The SSP and 450 are inherently dangerous moves. The workers who currently use them may not have a history of hurting people, but that doesn't make it any more safe. Brock Lesnar damn near killed himself trying his shooting star. If the small guys need these moves to get over, then they probably aren't that important to the product. I commend the WWE for taking a stand and making things a little better for their employees.

what's the point to them as opposed to just doing a body splash or a moonsault? The velocity can't be that much greater that it would make more of an impact. Flash only...no need for the move.

The smaller guys need the move because the people don't pop for the moonsault anymore and the splash off the top doesn't look flashy enough. They don't need to ban the SSP or the 450 splash entirely. They just need to restrict the moves to one person who can have it as their finisher. That way, it's special because only one person does, it and because it's not overdone, others can maybe get a chance into getting the people to start popping for the moonsault again.

The smaller guys need the move because the people don't pop for the moonsault anymore and the splash off the top doesn't look flashy enough. They don't need to ban the SSP or the 450 splash entirely. They just need to restrict the moves to one person who can have it as their finisher. That way, it's special because only one person does, it and because it's not overdone, others can maybe get a chance into getting the people to start popping for the moonsault again.

Why don't they pop for it though? Listen to Jim Cornette and he'll tell you that you can condition the crowd to pop for any move, if it's done right. Top rope maneuvers became overdone when Nitro was stocked with cruiserweights. As the moves become less common, fans will pop for them again.

Why don't they pop for it though? Listen to Jim Cornette and he'll tell you that you can condition the crowd to pop for any move, if it's done right. Top rope maneuvers became overdone when Nitro was stocked with cruiserweights. As the moves become less common, fans will pop for them again.

They don't pop for it because they've seen it all and it's no longer special because something crazier as come along to take its place, which in turn has been done to death and also means very little. Some guys do need moves like that to get over, but it doesn't automatically mean they're of little value otherwise. They need the moves to get over because people aren't given any reason to care about them, and they need the big moves to stand out.

Instead of banning all the big moves off the top, just restrict them to one per wrestler. That way, they become less common, and so people will start to pop for them again, but they can still be used when needed.

I think as long as a move is sold not only in the ring but by the broadcast team as a surefire killer anything can get over even if a bunch of guys do it. Look at the FU or Spear. I don't necessarily think it's an issue of something being overdone or everyone seeing it all before. I reckon small guys need to do this stuff because without some kind of flash they just end up working the same style as the other stiffs on the roster but don't look nearly as impressive up close or when doing so and in WWE don't get nearly as much time. The only real advantage any of these guys have is their athleticism and agility, so let them use it.

Every move in wrestling is inherently dangerous. Just because one guy like Kidman can't control himself and really shouldn't be doing this stuff doesn't mean nine others are prone to the same. There are always room for freak accidents whether you're doing SSPs and Lionsaults or powerbombs and suplexes.

When was the last time a moonsault was "landed" on a downed opponent in the wwe? Was it Super Crazy's finisher? It seems like the opponent always moves out of the way these days...

If the wwe worried so much about their wrestlers they wouldn't have they jacked up so tight that they tear a muscle walking to the ring. I bet London can control his SSP more than Hardy can control hit twisty-flippy shit deal that misses his opponent just as often as he hits him.

450 I can understand as it's largely out of control, SSP's can be perfectly safe (well as safe as anything is in wrestling) and cuts a good visual for the fans.

I think Droz would disagree.. well, him and the other wrestlers that wound up with career-ending / life-threatening neck injuries.

It wasn't a powerbomb that hurt Droz.