TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The SSP and 450 are inherently dangerous moves. The workers who currently use them may not have a history of hurting people, but that doesn't make it any more safe. Brock Lesnar damn near killed himself trying his shooting star. If the small guys need these moves to get over, then they probably aren't that important to the product. I commend the WWE for taking a stand and making things a little better for their employees.

Lesnar had hit it before when he was still in development. Angle was just WAY too far from the corner.

I thought it was D'Lo's sky high that did it?

anyone want to provide what scherer/pwi are talking about with the "outrage over melina-candice" headline?

also would be curious to know the reaction to cena getting booed out of the building..im guessing they just shrugged their shoulders at it as usual.

Guest Joseph2112

Wouldn't now(and the last 12 months) be the perfect time for turning Cena heel? The male/smark demographic hate him, and the mark/young teen audience love him but are the easiest to manipulate. I look at it as the low hanging fruit. Right now he is easy pickings to violently turn him heel, maybe to make him the chasee for HHH when he comes back.

Wouldn't now(and the last 12 months) be the perfect time for turning Cena heel? The male/smark demographic hate him, and the mark/young teen audience love him but are the easiest to manipulate. I look at it as the low hanging fruit. Right now he is easy pickings to violently turn him heel, maybe to make him the chasee for HHH when he comes back.

You're gonna bring out all the people who will tell you that you are wrong for saying guys hate Cena and that Canada doesn't count......

Short answer is no because he's still their top money maker.......don't expect a turn anytime soon if they were going to do that 1-2 years ago was better and they refused to pull it then so they surely won't now.

The SSP and 450 are inherently dangerous moves. The workers who currently use them may not have a history of hurting people, but that doesn't make it any more safe. Brock Lesnar damn near killed himself trying his shooting star. If the small guys need these moves to get over, then they probably aren't that important to the product. I commend the WWE for taking a stand and making things a little better for their employees.

Lesnar had hit it before when he was still in development. Angle was just WAY too far from the corner.

Not only was Angle far away, but Lesnar was already very tired at that point in the match. When he did it in OVW I don't believe he has as long, and as rough matches as the one he had with Angle when he botched the SSP. Not to mention that I'm sure his nerves had a bit to do with it - there he was, in the main event of Wrestlemania, winning the match, beating Kurt Angle, at such an early stage of his young career.

Not only was Angle far away, but Lesnar was already very tired at that point in the match. When he did it in OVW I don't believe he has as long, and as rough matches as the one he had with Angle when he botched the SSP. Not to mention that I'm sure his nerves had a bit to do with it - there he was, in the main event of Wrestlemania, winning the match, beating Kurt Angle, at such an early stage of his young career.

Ya. Nerves are definitely a factor as well as him being tired and beat up. Look at how he double pumps when he is bouncing off of the rope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrC9R5LTSQ

Holy crap, that's great. That music instantly takes me back to when I first bought that game. I need a Bam Bam cartwheel now! I'll have to bust out that NES disc for the Dreamcast with all of the NES games on it and play this now. :lol:

How did the Benoit / MVP feud start?

Yeah, in a 2003 interview with Pro Wrestling Illustrasted following Judgment Day of that year, Lesnar said he was too tired which is what caused him to botch the move. But in WWE Unscripted, IIRC Lesnar said Angle being too far away was something Kurt did on purpose.

Vince's new kick, if it wasn't obvious already, is ENFORCING THE RULES. He doesn't want any hokey finishes, nothing too convoluted (aka, the usual TNA main event finishes), and more realistic scenarios.

Vince's last new kick was that the Divas needed to be classy. That lasted a week.

f4w newsletter

Oh, that Vince.

Vince's new kick, if it wasn't obvious already, is ENFORCING THE RULES. He doesn't want any hokey finishes, nothing too convoluted (aka, the usual TNA main event finishes), and more realistic scenarios.

Vince's last new kick was that the Divas needed to be classy. That lasted a week.

f4w newsletter

Oh, that Vince.

well anything is better than the hidious TNA finishes. the 3 main reasons i cant watch tna is because of how truly awful and annoying tenay and west are, how awful the finishes are with the constant interference, and the fact that the wrestling itself comes across as unrealistic/too fast paced. not only is there no psychology/story with most of the matches, its like every match they have is in super fast motion and high impact moves which should normally keep someone down for a little while, they just jump right back up. its a shame tna, which has the really fortunate opportunity to grow and maybe one day compete with the wwe fails to see how their product will never grow past those who already watch it because of how they do things (not to mention the announcing).

i wouldnt mind seeing this little kick of his last though. more clean finishes/less BS is always a good thing unless it is truly meaningfull. we all knew the divas being classy thing wouldnt last though.

with regard to the michelle/melina thing it was just michelle being annoyed by her rantings of melina not being put on wwe.com. supposedly the non melina parts is how she really feels. nothing earth shattering but nice pic

but fwiw.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/candice/...7?cid=WWEADP-15

I don't get what is meant by "ENFORCING THE RULES". Does this mean we are going to start seeing people DQed for using closed fists, more countouts, etc? Hopefully there's at least less ref bumps and run-ins (though those have seemed to be down a bit lately, anyway).

Seems like a pretty vague news item.

The only time I've ever seen someone hurt themselves with an SSP was the aforementioned Brock attempt and Mark Briscoe's top-rope to the outside SSP in ROH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoE2wwosjMI

Maybe London should have saved it for PPV, he might have got let off a bit if the crowd went wild. But then again, when was his last PPV match?

Briscoe's SSP looked painful as fuck. Did he seriously hurt himself with that one, cause that has broken neck or concussion written all over it.

The ref DQed Corvon and Burke last week for double teaming RVD

I think Corvon got the DQ because he kept beating up RVD when he wasn't the legal man. Joey and Tazz tried to get it over by saying that the ref has lost control of the match, but it looked like a pretty weak DQ

I'm sure this'll warrant a thread in the near future but I didn't want to start it just now.

According to 411mania.com, the Vengeance PPV is gonna be the "Night of Champions" themed show that was in talks recently and is to feature every champion on WWE in a Title bout.

The only time I've ever seen someone hurt themselves with an SSP was the aforementioned Brock attempt and Mark Briscoe's top-rope to the outside SSP in ROH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoE2wwosjMI

Maybe London should have saved it for PPV, he might have got let off a bit if the crowd went wild. But then again, when was his last PPV match?

Briscoe's SSP looked painful as fuck. Did he seriously hurt himself with that one, cause that has broken neck or concussion written all over it.

Concussion. Not sure to what degree, I know it took him out of at least a couple of subsequent shows. Could have been a whole lot worse though.

Obviously, Paul London isn't Mark Briscoe. But Briscoe has hit the moves plenty of times safely enough, that doesn't mean the next time London does it he won't come close to crippling himself. The last time I remember the move being used on WWE programming, Kidman ended up headbutting Nunzio in mid-air during that Cruiserweight Open. If the move never saw the light of day again, I doubt it'd be missed. The risks don't out-weigh the rewards.

The last time I remember the move being used on WWE programming, Kidman ended up headbutting Nunzio in mid-air during that Cruiserweight Open. If the move never saw the light of day again, I doubt it'd be missed. The risks don't out-weigh the rewards.

Paul London has used it a couple of times in tag matches with Brian Kendrick. If I'm not mistaken he used one in Poetry-in-motion fashion (meaning with Kendrick as stepping stone) for the win against Stevens & James on a SD! PPV last year. That may be the last time I've seen it used, though.

The last time I remember the SSP in WWE was during the late 2004 Kidman/London feud, where Kidman was afraid he was going to hurt people with the move, but then decided to use it to his advantage and hit the SSP on London, after he had been placed onto a plastic stretcher.

It was a sick angle, it's a shame it was forgotten about almost immediately.

I'm sure this'll warrant a thread in the near future but I didn't want to start it just now.

According to 411mania.com, the Vengeance PPV is gonna be the "Night of Champions" themed show that was in talks recently and is to feature every champion on WWE in a Title bout.

I've seen ads for it for a couple of weeks now.

Pro Wrestling Insider is reporting that a female WWE fan has filed a lawsuit again The Sandman, James Fullington. The suit alleges that Fullington committed assault and battery against her during an August Sci-Fi television taping while making his entrance.

Credit: Gerweck

Pro Wrestling Insider is reporting that a female WWE fan has filed a lawsuit again The Sandman, James Fullington. The suit alleges that Fullington committed assault and battery against her during an August Sci-Fi television taping while making his entrance.

Credit: Gerweck

In other words, she got in the way and he pushed her aside. Or he threw his beer can like always and it struck her. Either way, bad day for the Sandman.

I learned today that if you don't like Stephanie McMahon and think she sucks at her job and all that it's because you are a misogynistic asshole that hates women.........

I thought it was just because I thought she sucked?