TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I enjoyed SS 2005 more than 2002 to be honest. But then I've ranted ad nauseum about how much I loathed Lesnar's push in mid 2002, so does anyone honestly think I'm going to put over SS 2002 all that much?

I haven't seen the show in a while, but I think I caught most of it on 24/7. Here are my match ratings off the top of my head for SS 02:

Rey vs. Angle: ***. Decent opener, due to the participants likely to be overrated. We saw this 100 times on SD.

Flair vs. Jericho: ***. Pretty fun and nice to see Flair get a win, even if this further jobbed out and buried Jericho. But at that point I think we'd all lost out hope for Y2J.

Edge vs. Eddie: **1/2. This match was a misfire. I disliked it 5 years ago and still do. One of the most blatant no sells of a body part ever here. They would have a better match at Unforgiven and also the ladder match from SD.

Un-Americans vs. Booker/Goldust: **. Don't recall much about it, but it didn't really rise above mediocre to my recollection.

RVD vs. Benoit: ***1/2. This match was a letdown to me initially but I enjoyed it more on a 2nd viewing. Still a bit too slow to truly hit crescendo it could have.

UT vs. Test: *1/2. Note the Un-Americans had the crappiest matches on the show.

Michaels vs. HHH: ***1/2. This seemed more like a ****1/2 type match at the time, but that was when we still bought into HBK having serious back trouble. Now that we know Michaels is okay and can wrestle without his back falling apart it doesn't quite hold up.

Lesnar vs. Rock: ***. The Rock gave this whatever entertainment value it had.

SS 02 has a big reputation mainly due to the crappy SS shows to follow. I mean hell it at least didn't have an injured HHH beating Goldberg in the EC match or Randy Orton winning the world title from Benoit.

"We saw this 100 times on SD."

Not at that point. It was Rey's first meaningful match. He debuted in late July, IIRC. Awesome opener. Really got Rey over with anyone who wasn't familiar with his work, instead of just having him go over the mid-card/lower-card.

Eddie/Edge was a match that involved a ladder, not a ladder match. I also don't agree with rating a PPV match based on how many times it happened before or after o nfree TV - I don't own DVDs of TV shows I can re-watch in a cycle. I DO have full PPVs though.

Doing some spring cleaning I found a Raw Magazine from August 2002 with Steve Austin on the cover. Inside there are two really weird pictures - one has Austin and Hogan in the ring sharing some beer (no memory of this happening) and a posed photo of Austin hanging out with the nWo (X-Pac/Nash/Big Show version). They're all being nWo-like and making the hand gestures while Austin looks buddy buddy with them, but giving the middle finger. It just looked odd.

7. Funaki defeated a fat balding Jobber named Anthony something, when the jobber missed a corner charge and Funaki rolled him up for the 3.

Just what we needed a jobber match. They tried to have fun in there but it was lame. Crowd liked Funaki though (but dude he needs to get new tights, those must smell real bad by now)

This "Jobber" is the former Amish Roadkill (of ECW fame), under a new gimmick of course. He's currently in OVW under the name Antoni Polaski, after a brief run as Tony Braddock. He might have the droopiest man-boobs one has ever seen though...

I thought that looked like him but I wasnt sure, wierd to see him in tights and sans beard. yea the Polaski name is what he used here. sorry about the confusion but as I said, I had a hard time seeing due to all the kids in the way.

This 2/3 falls match at JD, I have a couple of questions. If MVP wins, but the first fall he wins is by countout, does he win the title? What if the second fall is a countout/DQ? Or both falls even?

Guest Johnny B Radd

Not sure if this was posted, but from Alvarez

- Sources in WWE have confirmed that Shane Helms has a major neck injury, perhaps a break. I believe he's visiting Dr. Lloyd Youngblood today and may be the next person in line for fusion surgery.

This 2/3 falls match at JD, I have a couple of questions. If MVP wins, but the first fall he wins is by countout, does he win the title? What if the second fall is a countout/DQ? Or both falls even?

Steve Austin won the US title from Dustin Runnels in 2/3 Falls Match at Starrcade 1993. One of the wins was a DQ.

Does anybody agree that the last good summerslam was 2002? It was a good card top to bottom

I thought the same with 2004, excluding the JBL / Taker match.

The first two Victims of Stephanie McMahon and her promotion ended up being Rob Conway and 2 Cold Scorpio, who were released. Scorpio had spent over half a year sitting at home doing nothing, so this was no surprise. Conway was a surprise if only because he's a very good worker who was never given any sort of chance to display that, always had a good attitude, and always looked good. Stephanie felt Conway was a jobber for life and would never draw any money, and wanted to make room for more developmental talents to be called up. Johnny Ace had to be the bad cop (which is his new role, as if he didn't have enough heat already), and made things worse for himself by lying, saying creative couldn't come up with anything for Conway to do. The problem was that creative HAD come up with something for him, a reunited La Resistance on ECW. Conway had JUST received his new gear when Ace told him there were no ideas. Many people in the company were very unhappy with the call since they felt he could have made a great teacher in Louisville.

-- Bryan Alvarez/F4W

WWE releases people every year around this time. I think Steph taking over the new position really had little to do with Conway and Scorpio getting released. What if she just rubber stamped what was planned for months anyway?

Conway was a very good worker? Conway could have been a great teacher?

If those in the business say so.

Conway was a very good worker? Conway could have been a great teacher?

If those in the business say so.

Conway and Dinsmore both had that rep forever in OVW that they were great workers and teachers.........of course the WWE doesn't seem to really care on either count with both of them.

Eh...Conway seemed pretty unremarkable to me, but that's partly because his gimmick was incredibly generic. How many teachers does WWE really need, though?

Considering the amount of guys who simply aren't any good under developmental deals, they could use all the help they can get to boost some of these developmental guys from "Pure Suck" to "Mediocre".

Guest Johnny B Radd

Ariel, Scotty 2 Hotty and Nick Mitchell were just released.

It's two out of three falls, or means of victory. Usually as long as the last fall is a pin or submission the title changes hands... if the last fall is a DQ. That would be interesting booking, but would only work I think if it was a face chasing the belt, to prolong the feud.