TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The next WWE novel coming out is called "The Big Apple Takedown".

World Wrestling Entertainment’s second foray into fictional novels starring their wrestlers will be titled “The Big Apple Takedown” and will be released this May in the United States and June in Great Britain.

The premise for the novel features the United States Government recruiting WWE to provide their wrestlers as spies for the government. The synopsis sent out for the novel reads:

December 2001: Vince McMahon steps out of a snowy night into a diner in upstate New York for a meeting with old friend Phil Thomson, now a highly placed government official. Thomson has a strange proposition: creating a new covert black-ops group using the Superstars of World Wrestling Entertainment. The WWE's talented men and women are perfect. Highly skilled athletes with the ideal cover, they travel all across the country and the globe; no one would find it unusual to find them in a town one day and gone the next. The government would train and support the wrestlers in every way possible except one: no one must know the truth. March 2006: The Superstars have been handed their latest assignment - take down a commercial-grade methyl-amphetamine plant that is bankrolling terrorist activities in Europe. Their mission seems simple and straightforward, until a member of their team is taken prisoner. Now all that they've worked so hard for is in jeopardy, and one of their own might be killed.....

The novel is written by Robert Caprio, who also wrote WWE’s Are We There Yet? Paperback focusing on road stories told by various WWE wrestlers.

The cover to “The Big Apple Takedown” features Torrie Wilson brandishing a pistol.

Warrants a thread?

He Vince just started watching "24" or something?

Starring Triple H as Jack Bauer, "Who-uh, are you working for-uh?"

Anyway, here's the cover:http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/14165...02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Also, it looks like they've got an Eric Bischoff autobiography coming out:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1...2589863-9770314

Highly skilled athletes with the ideal cover, they travel all across the country and the globe; no one would find it unusual to find them in a town one day and gone the next.

Wasn't this the premise of "I, Spy"?

If Snitsky ends up saving the day at the end of the book, THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT.

Nah, Snitsky will be blamed for the problem.

And insist that IT WASN'T...HIS...FAULT!

Guest Fook
If Snitsky ends up saving the day at the end of the book, THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT.

And if something happens to him that results in the bad guys winning, IT WASN'T HIS FAULT!

Edit: Damn you Waters, beating me to the obvious joke...

will the meth lab be run by a Terrorist Narcotics Agency??

Get this man a rimshot! Ba-Dum-dum!

The book thing deserves its own thread. That premise just has too many options for comedy to be contained here.

I'd bet it could end up in classics, if that folder still gets updated.

Guest nokia

Found this at another board;

"Sankei Sports has a report on the aftermath of the Hustle 14 show in Yokohama on Sunday. The media is pushing an angle big about Razor Ramon HG having a plan to work in the WWE ring in 2006. The article states that DSE wants to send HG as their "Hustle representative" to work in WWE, and they also pushed the fact that the BBC recently had a profile piece on TV about the man.

The media is justifying this story by saying that TAJIRI could be the pipeline for it to happen, as TAJIRI worked in ECW & WWE. HG wants to take his pelvic thrusting onto the world stage"

* If Heidenreich, Animal & Boogeyman can get over, then this guy is going to be HUGE !!! If you haven't seen him before make sure you have before long !!

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I was watching WM XVII before. Vince has aged 20 years since then.

She turned the corner and immediately started to run, her mind moving a mile a minute. She never thought her life would turn out this way; one day she was modeling in Milan, the next she was being chased by an international drug cartel after being betrayed by her best friend; her entire family murdered and buried in oil drums at the bottom of the ocean never to be discovered, never to be given a proper funeral. Tears began to fill her eyes, so much so that it clouded her vision. But despite this, she continued to run. She wouldn't stop. She couldn't stop. If she ran further enough away, maybe she could escape it. Them. The past. Everything.

It was by chance, or by perhaps something more, that she was to crash into who she did. It was like hitting a brick wall, infact, that's what she thought she ran into. But brick walls don't smell so nice. She rubbed her eyes and saw a hand being offered to her. It's been so long since she trusted another human being...

"M'am" a deep, yet warm, voice said, "Are you ok?"

She looked up beyond the hand and straight into his eyes. There was something about them... Immediately she clasped his hand, it was strong and worn, yet the strength didn't overwhelm her. He pulled her up off the ground.

"You're crying...", he said gently.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.. to..." She couldn't finish her reply.

"It's alright, it's alright".

"No, it's not alright. It's falling apart. Everything is falling apart!" The tears started to flow again and she began to tremble. He put his hand on her shoulder and she began to calm herself.

"It's alright. There is nothing that can fall apart that can't be put back together again. I know that more than most, because I am living proof. After the federal government tried to take down me and my family and failed, I had to pick everything they broke into pieces and start to build it up again, piece by piece. It takes a while, and it takes a lot of hard work, but in the end, we're better for it."

His words were the first things to make sense to her since the whole ordeal went down. Her mind started to clear. She realized that she knew this man and she began to laugh and smile as she said "You're Vince McMahon! OH MY GOD, I LOVE THE WWE!" She then realized that the reason she was so down and out and so stressed-filled was because she never got to see that one constant in her life. She thought to herself, "Why should I continue to run, continue to find that escape from all my problems when the answer is right there in front of me, in the comfort of my living room?"

Monday Night Raw was a staple of her household for years. Her parents watched the WWE in the 80's and used to regale her with stories of Tito Santana and Sgt. Slaughter. Her grandparents would take her to non-televised live events and tell her about Buddy Rogers and Pat Patterson. The sense of family was brought back into her heart as she thought about the WWE and the feeling of loss and sadness was wiped away clean and all that was left were smiles and great memories of wrestlings past. She then remembered that she could see all these classic superstars of yesteryear and relive those moments her parents and grandparents talked about with WWE 24/7, and that as long as those moments, those memories, lasted, that her family would never truly be gone.

A weight was lifted off her slender shoulders. The pain was gone. She could stop running, stop crying, and start living again. All thanks to this one man who had the kindness and thoughtfullness to tell a crying girl that everything would be alright. She kissed him, long and passionately. Her heaving bosom pressed against his muscular chest. Her long blonde hair caressing both their faces. Her tongue moving slowly from her mouth to his. He was stunned. A happily married man with two children and two grandchildren, he had no reason to have his lips touching another womans. But he had to do it. She was clearly in trouble and needed a shoulder to cry on, he couldn't just reject her like this. It was a problem he had throughout his life, women just found him appealing and would force themselves on him. Was it the power he commanded? His immense wealth? His well-defined physique? His legendary virility? His bedroom eyes? His perfectly coiffed hair? His strong jawline? His muscular build? His large arms? His rounded bottom? His attention-grabbing package? His humour and goodwill? His personality and wit? His ability to capture a collective mind and attention? His presence? His ability to light up a room? His never-say-die attitude? His ability to put what's best for business above everything else? His forgiving nature? His desire to give others what they want? Was it this, or was it the notion that a person can be all this and still be so misunderstood? He didn't know, he just knew this woman needed him and he had to be there for her... even if it meant having to sexually please her beyond any notion of pleasure she ever had imagined before.

House show report from Knoxville, TN from March 5th. Taken from PWInsider:

RVD pinned Carlito after the 5 Star Frog Splash. Good match. Got the crowd going.

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated Viscera and Val Venis after Cade came off the top and hit Val while he had Murdock pinned. Murdoch held Big Vis' feet so he couldn'r break up the 3 count. They did the comedy spot where Vis violated Murdoch after a big splash and Murdoch got to his feet to reveal that his trunks were lodged in his BUTT. He finished the rest of the match with his hams hanging out. I had a Rikishi flashback.

Trish Stratus pinned Victoria. Trish was accompanied to the ring by Mickie James while Victoria had Candice Michelle in tow. I must say I missed seeing Torrie Wilson in person again, but I wasn't expecting her after the slap she got from Candace last Monday. More trouble between Mickie and Trish after the match when Trish shoved Mickie to the mat after she had gotten a little over zealous with a victory hug.

Matt Striker confronted Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in his "Classroom" segment. He gave the Dragon several back-handed compliments until Steamboat became visibly annoyed. Striker then said that if Steamboat had a problem, he had a "Problem Solver". He brought out Tyson Tomko and Tomko hit Ricky from behind. The Dragon quickly recovered to clear the ring of Tomko and Striker. Fun nostalgia segment.

Shelton Benjamin pinned Chavo Guerrero with a rollup while holding the ropes. Decent match. Lots of Eddie chants.

Kane pinned Chris Masters after a chokeslam. Nothing special. The crowd went nuts for Kane. I believe Kane is a native of the East Tennessee area.

Big Show/Shawn Michaels/"Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeated 3 members of the Spirit Squad. The Squad did a special cheer before the match about how HBK was forced to kiss Vinny Mac's behind. Comedy match. The Squad is filled with talented young wrestlers but man are they annoying with this gimmick. This match was filled with chop after chop after chop. Sweet Chin Music for all 3 Squad members led to a pin. Show then forced all 3 members to kiss HBKs BUTT. Show also delivered a post match chokeslam. He was about to deliver another but decided to apply the Figure 4 Leg Lock instead! This got a good laugh and some applause from Flair on the outside of the ring. I've always been a Flair mark so this was fun for me.

John Cena pinned Edge after an FU. Lita accompanied Edge to the ring but was ejected by the ref for interference. Of course, she returned after a ref bump to interfere again. She received an FU for her troubles. Crowd absolutely loved Cena. Good match with some false finishes.

Overall a fun little show with all the main RAW stars minus Triple H.

Matt Striker confronted Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in his "Classroom" segment. He gave the Dragon several back-handed compliments until Steamboat became visibly annoyed. Striker then said that if Steamboat had a problem, he had a "Problem Solver". He brought out Tyson Tomko and Tomko hit Ricky from behind. The Dragon quickly recovered to clear the ring of Tomko and Striker. Fun nostalgia segment.

There's a pretty good article about Striker in the new GQ. It seems that he really has Angle's support in the back, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Vince & company use him well.

She turned the corner and immediately started to run, her mind moving a mile a minute. She never thought her life would turn out this way; one day she was modeling in Milan, the next she was being chased by an international drug cartel after being betrayed by her best friend; her entire family murdered and buried in oil drums at the bottom of the ocean never to be discovered, never to be given a proper funeral. Tears began to fill her eyes, so much so that it clouded her vision. But despite this, she continued to run. She wouldn't stop. She couldn't stop. If she ran further enough away, maybe she could escape it. Them. The past. Everything.

It was by chance, or by perhaps something more, that she was to crash into who she did. It was like hitting a brick wall, infact, that's what she thought she ran into. But brick walls don't smell so nice. She rubbed her eyes and saw a hand being offered to her. It's been so long since she trusted another human being...

"M'am" a deep, yet warm, voice said, "Are you ok?"

She looked up beyond the hand and straight into his eyes. There was something about them... Immediately she clasped his hand, it was strong and worn, yet the strength didn't overwhelm her. He pulled her up off the ground.

"You're crying...", he said gently.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.. to..." She couldn't finish her reply.

"It's alright, it's alright".

"No, it's not alright. It's falling apart. Everything is falling apart!" The tears started to flow again and she began to tremble. He put his hand on her shoulder and she began to calm herself.

"It's alright. There is nothing that can fall apart that can't be put back together again. I know that more than most, because I am living proof. After the federal government tried to take down me and my family and failed, I had to pick everything they broke into pieces and start to build it up again, piece by piece. It takes a while, and it takes a lot of hard work, but in the end, we're better for it."

His words were the first things to make sense to her since the whole ordeal went down. Her mind started to clear. She realized that she knew this man and she began to laugh and smile as she said "You're Vince McMahon! OH MY GOD, I LOVE THE WWE!" She then realized that the reason she was so down and out and so stressed-filled was because she never got to see that one constant in her life. She thought to herself, "Why should I continue to run, continue to find that escape from all my problems when the answer is right there in front of me, in the comfort of my living room?"

Monday Night Raw was a staple of her household for years. Her parents watched the WWE in the 80's and used to regale her with stories of Tito Santana and Sgt. Slaughter. Her grandparents would take her to non-televised live events and tell her about Buddy Rogers and Pat Patterson. The sense of family was brought back into her heart as she thought about the WWE and the feeling of loss and sadness was wiped away clean and all that was left were smiles and great memories of wrestlings past. She then remembered that she could see all these classic superstars of yesteryear and relive those moments her parents and grandparents talked about with WWE 24/7, and that as long as those moments, those memories, lasted, that her family would never truly be gone.

A weight was lifted off her slender shoulders. The pain was gone. She could stop running, stop crying, and start living again. All thanks to this one man who had the kindness and thoughtfullness to tell a crying girl that everything would be alright. She kissed him, long and passionately. Her heaving bosom pressed against his muscular chest. Her long blonde hair caressing both their faces. Her tongue moving slowly from her mouth to his. He was stunned. A happily married man with two children and two grandchildren, he had no reason to have his lips touching another womans. But he had to do it. She was clearly in trouble and needed a shoulder to cry on, he couldn't just reject her like this. It was a problem he had throughout his life, women just found him appealing and would force themselves on him. Was it the power he commanded? His immense wealth? His well-defined physique? His legendary virility? His bedroom eyes? His perfectly coiffed hair? His strong jawline? His muscular build? His large arms? His rounded bottom? His attention-grabbing package? His humour and goodwill? His personality and wit? His ability to capture a collective mind and attention? His presence? His ability to light up a room? His never-say-die attitude? His ability to put what's best for business above everything else? His forgiving nature? His desire to give others what they want? Was it this, or was it the notion that a person can be all this and still be so misunderstood? He didn't know, he just knew this woman needed him and he had to be there for her... even if it meant having to sexually please her beyond any notion of pleasure she ever had imagined before.

Oh my God...

You know Rudo's is better than anything they'd even come up with though. If it were like that passage, I'd read them just for the sheer shock value. The real WWE novels are going to try to throw in "Too Hot to Handle Themes" at an Easy Reader level.

Forgive me if this was already brought up. But, what does everyone think of Jerry Lawler's face turn in the annouce booth. I know a lot of people don't really care, but I kinda think that it's a bit of a refreashing change to Lawler, who has been a full-time heel announcer on RAW for years.

Does anyone else think it's wrong that John Cena is now being "pushed" as a terrible worker after coming off a 3-month assbeating of Kurt Angle who is now being pushed as the best wrestler in the company?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I'm more annoyed that Teddy Long still comes out to music that talks about Rodney Mack.