TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Would like to know where NYR is being sold since I've been to FYI, Best Buy, Wal-Marts and K-Marts in the last 2 weekends now.

I only saw it at Suncoast right when it came out, but you'd have to count on it being a Suncoast that isn't going out of business... and then it's going to be like $24.99. I'd just try online.

There's a bunch of NYR 06 at my Best Buy, I also saw a few at FYE.

Would like to know where NYR is being sold since I've been to FYI, Best Buy, Wal-Marts and K-Marts in the last 2 weekends now.

I only saw it at Suncoast right when it came out, but you'd have to count on it being a Suncoast that isn't going out of business... and then it's going to be like $24.99. I'd just try online.

I tried ordering it on WWE Shopzone a couple of weeks back and, believe it or not, it was sold out. Apparently it's a big seller. Anyway, I ended up ordering it from amazon.com along with the Rumble DVD. So yeah, if you have a credit card your best bet is to order it online. Even WWE Shopzone should have it available again by this time.

Daniel Puder of Tough Enough made his return to Mixed Martial Arts Friday night in California in front of a crowd of 18,265.

"Daniel Puder choked out Jesse Fujarcyk immediately. Unreal reaction. Biggest of the night, by far, as in Rock and Austin level. WWE blew it. Unbelievable charisma coming to the ring. Beat the living hell out of the guy. Official time was 1:54."- Alvarez, WO.com

Eat a dick, Vince. MMA legalization won't help you one bit.

Daniel Puder of Tough Enough made his return to Mixed Martial Arts Friday night in California in front of a 18,265.

"Daniel Puder choked out Jesse Fujarcyk immediately. Unreal reaction. Biggest of the night, by far, as in Rock and Austin level. WWE blew it. Unbelievable charisma coming to the ring. Beat the living hell out of the guy. Official time was 1:54."- Alvarez, WO.com

Man, did they ever blow it with Puder.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=16793&p=1

The early estimate for last month's No Way Out PPV is about 185,000 buys. That is a really low number, but at least WWE can look to a recent trend of the buyrates increasing after the initial number is reported and hope that holds true here as well. The Royal Rumble is now up to 525,000 buys while New Years Revolution is checking in at 300,000 buys.

Daniel Puder of Tough Enough made his return to Mixed Martial Arts Friday night in California in front of a crowd of 18,265.

How many MMA guys has Vince been able to get over? Even if he had tried Vince probably wouldn't have known how to use him right

Puder Vs Butterbean!!

From what I've heard (and hopefully some OVW watchers can confirm this) is that Puder was fairly over down there w/ Heyman booking him as a badass and using a Kimura (an MMA submission) as a finisher.

Hit up YouTube and watch the Angle/Puder incident, the UFC chants were solid, bordering on fairly loud at times.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=16793&p=1

The early estimate for last month's No Way Out PPV is about 185,000 buys. That is a really low number, but at least WWE can look to a recent trend of the buyrates increasing after the initial number is reported and hope that holds true here as well. The Royal Rumble is now up to 525,000 buys while New Years Revolution is checking in at 300,000 buys.

I've been seeing the Royal Rumble DVD in stores while looking for NYR. Only thing I can think of is NYR was here in Albany so the DVD is selling out quick. I'm about to check Wal-Marts again when I go in a little while.

From what I've heard (and hopefully some OVW watchers can confirm this) is that Puder was fairly over down there w/ Heyman booking him as a badass and using a Kimura (an MMA submission) as a finisher.

Hit up YouTube and watch the Angle/Puder incident, the UFC chants were solid, bordering on fairly loud at times.

Yes, Puder brought in people that wouldn't normally go to an OVW event.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I think the main problem was that the money feud was with Angle, and they already had plans for Angle for the forseeable future

The problem with Puder in OVW, is they booked him as an unstoppabl fighting machine, squashing people in seconds. That was the only way he was gonna get over, and WWE wouldn't have done that. He's too bland to get himself over, so all he had was his legitimate fighting background. That wasn't enough for sports entertainment.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Wrestling Classics is reporting that the WCCW tape library deal is done and will be announced in a matter of days

I'm much more interested in a "Rise and Fall of the Von Erich Family" DVD. The Von Erichs are the Kennedys of professional wrestling and I'd like to see a documentary done from a mutual point of view with them examining the strength of the Von Erichs and the weaknesses (Namely Fritz turning a blind eye to his sons' drug abuse) and how Fritz tried to cover up and exploit his son's deaths.

When you order from shop zone how long does it usually take for standard shipping? I ordered New Years Revolution last night and it now says it's been shipped.

Guest fanofcoils

Vince vs Hogan, Vince vs HBK, next year Vince vs Foley?? Hopefully not..

Are there any articles at all in the past month about Austin/Hogan? Like criticism on why it didn't happen, speculation on if it did happen (with 3 weeks remaining till WM, arguably there is time left), etc.

Vince vs Hogan, Vince vs HBK, next year Vince vs Foley?? Hopefully not..

Are there any articles at all in the past month about Austin/Hogan? Like criticism on why it didn't happen, speculation on if it did happen (with 3 weeks remaining till WM, arguably there is time left), etc.

Aside from the political mess, Hogan's promoting his second season of Hogan Knows Best, Austin is still miffed about the JR stuff and is busy shooting a movie anyways.

Saving it for WM23, if it ever occurs is smarter.

Chuck Palumbo is a true testament to the old adage that hard work pays off. Palumbo first came to WWE back in 2001, when Mr. McMahon bought WCW. Palumbo enjoyed a successful tag team career, winning the World Tag Team Championship on two occasions with partner Billy Gunn. Palumbo’s success began to fade, however, and he was released from his contract in 2004. But the former champion didn’t let the news keep him down. Palumbo went overseas and began working in Japan to hone his skills in hopes that he would one day return to WWE. His hard work has paid off, and that day has come. Palumbo recently signed a new WWE contract, and WWE.com caught up with him to talk about his time in Japan, how he got his new contract, who he wants to get in the ring with and much more.

WWE.com: What was it like to find out you were coming back to WWE?

Chuck Palumbo: It feels really good, and I’m really excited about it. After a non-televised match with Matt Hardy, John Laurinaitis told me they wanted to sign me back. I was at RAW and had a non-televised match against Rob Van Dam and then I had a match with Hardy before SmackDown. I received a call about a week prior to the matches. I was leaving Japan and on my way to Mexico City. They asked me to come in when I was done in Mexico so they could watch me in a couple matches, so I flew to RAW from Mexico City.

WWE.com: Have you ever worked with Hardy or RVD in the past?

Chuck Palumbo: I worked with Hardy on many occasions. I worked with him when I first came in from WCW and then also a few times after that when he was still with his brother Jeff as the Hardy Boyz. I don’t think I ever worked with RVD before, but we had a good match together.

WWE.com: Before hearing any feedback from anyone, how did you personally feel the matches went?

Chuck Palumbo: I felt good about them. We had a great crowd response. I thought they were strong, aggressive matches.

WWE.com: Were there any hard feelings when you were released?

Chuck Palumbo: I actually left on good terms. At that time, I don’t think I was where the company wanted me in terms of aggressiveness. I think I needed to be more aggressive on a nightly basis. So, I think it was an opportune time for me to go to Japan. I immediately went there, and there’s no better way to step up your aggressiveness than to go to Japan. Anyone who’s worked in Japan knows that the style is different. It’s what they call strong style, and you have no choice but to be aggressive, otherwise you’ll be taken advantage of and eaten up. I worked with Great Muta right away and guys who were on top over there and got good feedback. That was the company’s recommendation from the get-go, too, so there were no hard feelings. The door was open for me to come back in the future if I improved.

WWE.com: How did you start working in Mexico as well?

Chuck Palumbo: The CMLL promoters were in Japan and saw me wrestle. They asked me if I was interested in wrestling for them when I had time off from Japan, so I took that opportunity as well.

WWE.com: What are your goals now that you’re back?

Chuck Palumbo: I just want to work towards a championship. I think I’m ready to hang with anyone.

WWE.com: Is there anyone in particular you’d like to get in the ring with?

Chuck Palumbo: Three guys I’d really like to get in the ring with are Undertaker, Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Those are the guys. They know the business inside and outside the ring. The opportunity to work with those guys brings you up another level. There’s no one better than those three.

WWE.com: You’ve been primarily a tag team competitor in the past. Does it matter to you if you’re in singles or tag team competition?

Chuck Palumbo: I definitely want to be in singles competition. I had fun in the tag team division, but I’m ready to be a singles competitor and be on my own.

WWE.com: What can the fans expect to see from Chuck Palumbo now that he’s back in WWE?

Chuck Palumbo: They’re going to see a whole new person. They’re going to see a lot of aggressiveness. I have a no-nonsense wrestling style, getting right to the point. It’s not about being pretty. I’m going to have a rough, rugged style – just get down to business.

He'll come back on on RAW or Smackdown with a brand new gimmick, get a few TV matches, then be moved exclusively to Heat/Velocity. He'll be the top guy on one of those shows for a couple of months, before he disappears completely and is brought back with another new gimmick. At that time, he'll wrestle a couple of Heat/Velocity matches, before being put back on the shelf and ultimately fired by this time next year.

He'll come back on on RAW or Smackdown with a brand new gimmick, get a few TV matches, then be moved exclusively to Heat/Velocity. He'll be the top guy on one of those shows for a couple of months, before he disappears completely and is brought back with another new gimmick. At that time, he'll wrestle a couple of Heat/Velocity matches, before being put back on the shelf and ultimately fired by this time next year.

I was about to make a post very similar to yours.

On the plus side, at least two Natural Born Thrillers are making money.

I was about to make a post very similar to yours.

On the plus side, at least two Natural Born Thrillers are making money.

Is Sanders still working as a stand up comedian?