TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest J0bber

Damn, last week's Velocity got a low rating. The horrid number 0.3 certainly won't serve as any defense for keeping the program running.

I was watching Rocky II last night and the WWE should do a PPV with that visual production associated with it. No screens, just a big banner with the two main eventers on it, and a large american flag. Get the same lighting rig for the ring and that's it for lighting - have everything be black around the ring. Use the same kind of cameras they used back then to the film/video will have that tone to it. Have the wrestlers go through the crowd with police and their fight team surrounding them. Get the fans in as close as possible to the ring. That would be soooo fucking tight.

Professional wrestling (in America anyway) will only grow more and more showy, so such a setup is possible at an indy show, but not in a national/global promotion. It's 2005, the fans would wonder why there's no more indicators of that. Besides, if a match sucks, I want some fun stuff to look at otherwise.

I disagree. They hit their pinnacle of showy and are on the decline. If you compare the sets of today to that of 5 years ago, it's much less "loud". There is barely any pyro now (god, how long did it take for them to realize THAT went out of style) and they aren't making the additions they used to make to their stage pieces. Their PPV stages are generally very boring and bland as well. I realize that my Rocky II scenario is completely stripped down to the barebones, but that provides a more intimate feel and is so radically different that it wouldn't be boring for a show. Granted, video screens serve a functional purpose as well as an aesthetic one, but for one PPV something different like this -in my view- would be a success.

I know where you're coming from, because I loved how the Jericho/Michaels match at Wrestlemania XIX was lit. I'm just too damn used to having a big screen or elaborate set of some kind in the background.

I think people would shit on it . . . unless the work of the wrestlers and the storylines leading up to the clashes justify it w/ raw (pardon the pun) conflicts and physical action. But in the world of WWE, it never would. We already had our "different" ppv of the year in June.

You know, I'm sitting here watching HHH/Orton from this year's Rumble and I'm wondering why they chose to go with the Batista/Bradshaw ME instead of Batista/Orton, which--while not my ideal PPV match--would make a lot more sense since Batista was the one who took Orton's shoulder out after Mania. I was thinking that rather than going the DQ route with JBL at GAB, they could have Batista go over clean, let Taker do his thing with Hassan, then that week on SD, Orton could make his return and "injure" Taker then go on to SummerSlam to take his title shot. Then from there, they could maybe have Taker make his return at the PPV to cost Orton the match, setting up the Mania rematch between those two on a future PPV while at the same time leaving either of them open as potential title contenders for Batista sometime down the line. Again, not my ideal scenario, but I think they'd have been better off going this route.

Guest Ransome
Professional wrestling (in America anyway) will only grow more and more showy, so such a setup is possible at an indy show, but not in a national/global promotion. It's 2005, the fans would wonder why there's no more indicators of that. Besides, if a match sucks, I want some fun stuff to look at otherwise.

Personally, I think it's not so much an over-the-top 'showy' entrance that's important, but that merely a distinctive entrance is enough. The car from the entrance of Royal Rumble 2000, for example, was very effective. They need some way to differentiate the setups of, in particular, all those weak brand-only pay-per-views.

Quick q, are Edge and Lita married in WWE storyline terms or was their wedding officially interrupted?

You know, I'm sitting here watching HHH/Orton from this year's Rumble and I'm wondering why they chose to go with the Batista/Bradshaw ME instead of Batista/Orton, which--while not my ideal PPV match--would make a lot more sense since Batista was the one who took Orton's shoulder out after Mania. I was thinking that rather than going the DQ route with JBL at GAB, they could have Batista go over clean, let Taker do his thing with Hassan, then that week on SD, Orton could make his return and "injure" Taker then go on to SummerSlam to take his title shot.  Then from there, they could maybe have Taker make his return at the PPV to cost Orton the match, setting up the Mania rematch between those two on a future PPV while at the same time leaving either of them open as potential title contenders for Batista sometime down the line.  Again, not my ideal scenario, but I think they'd have been better off going this route.

We're basically at a stage where more often than not, the title will be defended against the same opponent for a few PPVs. IF they go Batista/JBL right to Batista/Orton, what do they do next? This way they're spacing themselves out. This isn't necessarily a good thing for the fans, but it probably helps them. After SummerSlam they have two months to make a new challenger that probably won't win (let's say Batista/Eddie at No Mercy) then they can do Batista/Orton at the bigger Survivor Series PPV. If they og the same way they did last year, they can do Batista/Eddie/Orton/JBL at Amrageddon, then they build to whoever his WM opponent will be (and if Lesnar isn't back, it might actually be built towards Orton anyway). This is, of course, assuming Batista keeps winning.

You know, I'm sitting here watching HHH/Orton from this year's Rumble and I'm wondering why they chose to go with the Batista/Bradshaw ME instead of Batista/Orton, which--while not my ideal PPV match--would make a lot more sense since Batista was the one who took Orton's shoulder out after Mania. I was thinking that rather than going the DQ route with JBL at GAB, they could have Batista go over clean, let Taker do his thing with Hassan, then that week on SD, Orton could make his return and "injure" Taker then go on to SummerSlam to take his title shot.  Then from there, they could maybe have Taker make his return at the PPV to cost Orton the match, setting up the Mania rematch between those two on a future PPV while at the same time leaving either of them open as potential title contenders for Batista sometime down the line.  Again, not my ideal scenario, but I think they'd have been better off going this route.

I agree completely about Orton/Batista. They set that match up perfectly with Batista taking out Orton and they really should have gone right back to it on Orton's return. All you had to do was have Orton give Batista a huge bloody beatdown backstage for his return, and presto, you have a hot main event for Summerslam. This Orton/Taker shit's a lot less interesting and could easily be held off on until a later date. The Batista/JBL feud meanwhile, is just downright awful, and has no business main eventing a top PPV.

Even if Orton made his return by attacking Batista and then was told by Teddy Long that the Undertaker defeated him at Wrestlemania, and so he would have to beat the Undertaker to earn a shot at Batista, I could buy it. That way, Orton/Batista's still the blood feud, and Orton/Taker has another dimension in that Orton feels he's still playing for what the Undertaker did at Wrestlemania. The way it is now though, we have a terrible (Smackdown side of) Summerslam leading into another lackluster PPV at Unforgiven with a bunch of boring Smackdown's in between. I think that really, the creative team took the worst possible option in this case.

And I really disagree with the idea that every feud needs to go 2 PPVs now to make for a decent number of challengers. At this point, I'd rather see Orton/Batista go three PPVs than see JBL in the main event again. If I had the book on Smackdown, I probably would have had Orton win the title at Summerslam, then make the Orton/Batista rematch at the next PPV with Batista winning. From there, they'd have the choice of going with round three for a blowoff, or going directly to something like Batista/Eddie. Shit, with Survivor Series coming up, they could even put the champion in a ten-man tag if they wanted to.

I received an e-mail from Andrew Martin from Pizza Pizza customer service aplogizing for a screwed up order.

Since said pizza company is based out of Ontario, persumably Toronto, I assume that is in fact Test.

I interview a guy for a job a month and a half back named Andrew Martin. I went to HS with another Andrew Martin.

Oh crap, that can only mean one thing...

TEST HAS FOUND A WAY TO CLONE HIMSELF!

...incidentally, today at work (I work outside in Atlantic City) I saw a plane fly by over the ocean, with a banner advertising the Hogan/Michaels match for Summerslam.

Test had a nice flying elbow drop. Why did he cut that out of his moveset? Nobody else was doing one at the time so I can only assume creative told him showcasing talent = no-no for a big man.

Steiner and Test would've made an awesome jock-ass heel tag team with Stacy playing their sorority slut.

WWE first tried making all three of them faces, then one of them heels, then two of them heels, but for SOME REASON it just never occurred to them to make all three of them heels.

I wish WWE still put out random videos/DVDs like Coliseum Video used to do, showing TV matches or house shows... stuff like "The Greatest Matches Ever" or "Smack Em, Whack Em", obviously with better names.