TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

With The Coach still in Europe with the other RAW Superstars, Joey Styles will be doing play-by-play on WWE.com HEAT this week while Todd Grisham slides over to do color commentary. Styles made the following comments when asked about his participation on WWE.com HEAT.

"I am very excited about my first online broadcast. From the moment I discovered the world wide web, I felt that the Internet would be the most influential medium of our time, more so than the telephone or even television. In the not so distant future, we will all have the ability to watch full-screen, television quality streaming video online and I am chomping at the bit to participate in any and all projects with WWE.com.

"I will be much less restrained on WWE.com's HEAT than I am on television's Monday Night RAW. WWE.com fans will hear more of the old Joey Styles, the Extreme Announcer. With my luck, my sarcasm will get me banned from WWE.com," joked Styles. "Grish (Todd Grisham) is one of the funniest people I have ever met, and doing color commentary rather than play-by-play should give Todd more opportunity to showcase his strange sense of humor. The fact that I am a perfect straight man in that I pitch softballs to my color men and enjoy self-deprecating humor should have The Grishman salivating like The King during a WWE Divas Bra and Panties Match."

That Jericho article was amazing, I can't wait 'til his book comes out.

Foley's latest blog entry mentions having the most important creative meeting of his life today. I'm assuming that's ECW based since Heyman is apparently at a meeting about that today.

From PWInsider:

This week's edition of Raw did a 4.1 cable rating, with a 6.2 share. That is down from last week's 4.3. The show did hours of 4.1 and 4.2, but this was one of those weeks when it actually rounds down, not up.

The original airing of AM Raw did a 0.4 cable rating, with a 1.1 share. As has been the recent case lately, the 2 a.m. replay did a better number, scoring a 1.1 cable rating, with a 4.6 share. Boy, wouldn't that be a great slot for an ECW show?

The 4/21 edition of Smackdown did its worst number in recent memory, scoring just a 2.1 broadcast rating, with a 3.8 share. The show has been hurt by preemptions since baseball season started, but even at that, a 2.1 is really, really low.

The 2 AM replay of AM RAW is matching TNA numbers... well, I imagine it's when the drunks are coming in from a night of partying. Sounds like ECW would fit nicely there.

I find it sort of telling that in a recent interview with The Rock on MSN about what TV shows he currently watches, he not once mentioned that he watches WWE or even TNA.

I find it sort of telling that in a recent interview with The Rock on MSN about what TV shows he currently watches, he not once mentioned that he watches WWE or even TNA.

Didn't he say a year ago that he gets tapes of older stuff and perfers to watch that instead of the current product? I think with the Rock branching out to non-action roles, he wants to completely detach himself from wrestling.

That was crazy...was that just soem fan or a real worker?

JOHNNY~!~!~!~!~!

Now where's Mitch getting his Umagaing?

That's how hazing should be done. With cursing in accents and Cena in his own t-shirt in the background.

That was crazy...was that just soem fan or a real worker?

JOHNNY~!~!~!~!~!

Now where's Mitch getting his Umagaing?

That's how hazing should be done. With cursing in accents and Cena in his own t-shirt in the background.

It will never be a good hazing without someone screaming UMAGA~! I'm gonna have to pass that on to the athletes at other schools. Forget sticking about stripping him naked and beating him with a belt or whatever they do these days. Chop him to death while screaming UMAGA!

Guest Human Highlight Reel
Kurt Angle has suffered a cracked rib. As a result of the injury, the Wrestling Machine will now be out of action for an undetermined amount of time.

The injury originally occurred on the recent European tour when Mark Henry delivered the World’s Strongest Slam to Angle during a match in New Castle. “At that point, I wasn’t even sure if I was going to be able to compete against Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship,” Angle later admitted to WWE.com. But being the intense competitor that he is, Angle kept his injury to himself and fought valiantly for the title he feels he rightfully deserves.

Unfortunately for Angle, the final straw came when Henry, perhaps realizing he injured Angle earlier in New Castle, dismantled the Wrestling Machine on SmackDown with a near 400-pound splash through a ringside table.

Just as he did to former World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Henry injured Angle to the point where he will now be out of action indefinitely, meaning he must forfeit his spot in the King of the Ring tournament. As a result, Booker T advances to the final round.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/angleinjury

If this is legit, fuck Mark Henry. That fat, worthless, piece of shit is not only making Smackdown worse by just being there, now he's destroying the fucking roster. Could just be a way to get Booker through without jobbing to Angle, though I doubt it.

It's probably best for Angle himself that he has to sit out for awhile since he tends to overwork himself in the first place and he probably does need to heal up a bit for his own good. But it still sucks to have him out of action as that just depleates that roster that much more.

Gotta figure Lashley v. Booker at Judgment Day for KOTR?

Kurt Angle has suffered a cracked rib. As a result of the injury, the Wrestling Machine will now be out of action for an undetermined amount of time.

The injury originally occurred on the recent European tour when Mark Henry delivered the World’s Strongest Slam to Angle during a match in New Castle. “At that point, I wasn’t even sure if I was going to be able to compete against Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship,” Angle later admitted to WWE.com. But being the intense competitor that he is, Angle kept his injury to himself and fought valiantly for the title he feels he rightfully deserves.

Unfortunately for Angle, the final straw came when Henry, perhaps realizing he injured Angle earlier in New Castle, dismantled the Wrestling Machine on SmackDown with a near 400-pound splash through a ringside table.

Just as he did to former World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Henry injured Angle to the point where he will now be out of action indefinitely, meaning he must forfeit his spot in the King of the Ring tournament. As a result, Booker T advances to the final round.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/angleinjury

If this is legit, fuck Mark Henry. That fat, worthless, piece of shit is not only making Smackdown worse by just being there, now he's destroying the fucking roster. Could just be a way to get Booker through without jobbing to Angle, though I doubt it.

I doubt it's legit. Why would they have Henry put Angle through a table if they knew he was injured. But I don't know what to think these days.

I really wonder how much time off Angle is willing to let himself have these days. I'll say three weeks at most.

On the plus side, if anyone can play this up for heat for themself, its Booker.

Angle has been reported as injured for awhile now, but I think the part about it happening at a house show on the tour causing him to need time off is true. The part about him being injured on SmackDown! was a work to get him off TV for a bit.

Edit: I went back to check Meltz's Monday update to re-read the situation, and this is what it says: "Kurt Angle did work the Smackdown house show in Germany yesterday and is scheduled for today. He didn't appear to be in good shape, and as injured as he's been in the past, once the bell rings, you never see that. The "X" called after Mark Henry splashed him from what we gather was a work, and not that Henry injured him but simply the accumulation of everything."

Also, JBL vs Rey is official for JD! The match they had at No Mercy was not bad at all. I wouldn't even be upset if JBL won! That's not a knock on Rey or anything, but I've really been into JBL these days. Speaking of Judgment Day, anyone know a good place in NYC to watch a PPV?

From PWInsider:

Buck Woodward wrote the following on 4/26: "I received an email from a reader claiming to be the fan that tried to attack Shawn Michaels during the show in Belfast, Northern Ireland. While I have no way of knowing if this person is legitimate or not, he claims that he was yelling at Shawn that he "screwed Bret" and that Michaels responded by pulling a pair of Bret Hart sunglasses (the ones WWE used to sell at shows) off of his face, which prompted the incident. If any other readers were at the show and can give details about what happened, toss me an email."

This morning, a reader sent along a link to a video of the Belfast incident, which can be viewed at

. The footage, which was shot by a fan, features shaky footage of Michaels making his way to the ring. He stops and appears to grab something from a fan and then proceeds to tear it up. This leads to a fan hopping the rail and going after Michaels. Again, the footage is shaky, but it is obvious to see that the story claimed by the fan in question does has some legitimacy to it. If you wish to check it out for yourself, do it quickly before WWE's legal team has it removed from YouTube.com.

That said, whether Michaels was in the wrong or not, at no point should a fan ever cross the railing to physically get involved with a performer or athlete, no matter the circumstances and PWInsider.com does not condone such activity by any fan.

You've gotta love YouTube (once again)!

Apparently Joey and Grisham are shooting left and right on Heat this week. I'll have to check it out.

"By the way, would you call some wrestling moves? I know they don't let you on Raw, you're too busy telling stories." -- Grisham

This is what I was told is said at one point.

Apparently Joey and Grisham are shooting left and right on Heat this week. I'll have to check it out.

"By the way, would you call some wrestling moves? I know they don't let you on Raw, you're too busy telling stories." -- Grisham

Oh man, I love Todd Grisham. He's such a prick.

This Week in Wrestling History, at least on Heat, is Stephanie McMahon being kidnapped by Undertaker and then rescued from "The Undertaker's symbol" by Austin.

That was on Raw's Unlimited too this week.

Yeah, he said that at the start of the show.

Also, JBL vs Rey is official for JD! The match they had at No Mercy was not bad at all. I wouldn't even be upset if JBL won! That's not a knock on Rey or anything, but I've really been into JBL these days.

SmackDown really needs to have JBL in the main title hunt, even Undertaker wouldn't hurt as well if they hadn't booked themselves into a corner with this ridiculous "broken spirit" angle with Khali.

Has there been any news on Batista or Ken Kennedy's returns?

You know, I don't like Unlimited. If you live on the West Coast and try to watch Raw and want to also watch Unlimited at the same time, you can't. If your watching Raw on the West Coast and even want to go to WWE.com, your given the results to Raw. Unlimited is competely worthless on the West Coast while watching Raw. Sorry I just wanted to say that.

You know, I don't like Unlimited. If you live on the West Coast and try to watch Raw and want to also watch Unlimited at the same time, you can't. If your watching Raw on the West Coast and even want to go to WWE.com, your given the results to Raw. Unlimited is competely worthless on the West Coast while watching Raw. Sorry I just wanted to say that.

Don't worry, WWE Unlimited is competely worthless anyway.