TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

From IGN:

Strangely, despite the Wii hardware having its own friend list, Pokemon Battle Revolution uses its own, independent friend list. Each game includes a unique 12-digit friend code, different from your Wii system number. To create a friend, both sides have to input the other's code. How you actually go about exchanging these codes is a mystery, as the information is not included on your battle pass. Once again, I presume Nintendo wants you to only exchange codes with your real life friends.

Hopefully, it's only for that game. Or, just the more kiddyish games. At least it's understandable there.

I didn't see that article before. So here's my reaction:

OH, BULLSHIT.

From IGN:

Strangely, despite the Wii hardware having its own friend list, Pokemon Battle Revolution uses its own, independent friend list. Each game includes a unique 12-digit friend code, different from your Wii system number. To create a friend, both sides have to input the other's code. How you actually go about exchanging these codes is a mystery, as the information is not included on your battle pass. Once again, I presume Nintendo wants you to only exchange codes with your real life friends.

Hopefully, it's only for that game. Or, just the more kiddyish games. At least it's understandable there.

I believe that's only for that game (or other specific games where the developers decide to be stupid), as mentioned before Elebits doesn't require its own friend list to exchange custom stuff. And remember, the DS has the friend code system but you can still play against randoms in games like Mario Kart.

Guest Princess Leena

It also says random games are available. But, unless it can match people up on skill level, that will be awful.

Though I doubt that I will be flailing the WiiMote as crazy as those people online are doing, I ordered the replacement strap anyways, just in case.

Any idea on when NOA is going to let us save directly into the SD cards instead of the wii internal memory?

Though I doubt that I will be flailing the WiiMote as crazy as those people online are doing, I ordered the replacement strap anyways, just in case.

I'm fully confident that my equipment is safe too, but I might as well get the replacement straps anyways.

I wonder if the problem is that the strap isnt thick enough or if the probably really is people dont actually use it? Cause I hate to, it becomes too much of a hassle to keep undoing it any time I need to take a break and do something else for a second.

Oh, and the lights in my target Wii giftcard finally died.

BOO!

Quick question for everyone with a Wii...

For the VC games, do you have to have the points card to purchase the games or can you simply buy points ala XBL and then download the games onto the Wii?

Guest Smues
Quick question for everyone with a Wii...

For the VC games, do you have to have the points card to purchase the games or can you simply buy points ala XBL and then download the games onto the Wii?

You can buy points with a credit card through the wii.

OK, so stores are getting the Wii in tomorrow. My question is: Do Wal-Mart superstores (the ones that are open 24 hours) put their systems out at midnight? And if not, is there a set time that they put them out)? And does Wal-Mart do the whole ticket thing? And how does the ticket thing work? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm kind of a dumbass.

From what I was told at BestBuy (I know, not WalMart)...

The ticket thing is that an hour or two before the store opens, a few guys will hand out a ticket to those in line. Pretty much everyone who gets a ticket will be guaranteed a Wii once the store opens.

I know that for BestBuy, they'll be setting up tables as you enter the store with the system, games, accessories and the like so that people don't have to mad dash to the game area to pick up the merchandise.

Guest Princess Leena

The 24 hour Walmarts are supposed to wait until 8am to sell theirs... but, not all of them follow that.

When I went, they gave the tickets out at like 7:50. Other stores have been giving tickets out at like 2am. Just go whenever, and hope you're lucky.

Unless you badly want the Wii as a Christmas present, I wouldn't go this Sunday. This is the last chance for all the soccer moms and whipped dads. It's going to be significantly easier in 2-3 weeks.

Guest Smues

Just got my 2nd nunchuk in the mail from gamestop, so now I've got 2 wiimotes, 2 classics, and 2 nunchuks so I'm pretty much set for a long time. I also picked up Raving Rabids and Marvel UA but havn't played Raving Rabids yet. Ultimate Alliance is taking some getting used to with the controls, but I kind of like them and think they'll work once I get used to them.

I'm going Wii hunting again tonight. The guy who waited with me in line at a best buy is going to do the same thing tonight...or this morning rather hand and I'm going to meet up with him and keep him company. Though this time I think i'm going to bring a portable dvd player with some dvds with me...and a lot of extra clothes.

Guest Princess Leena

At least 20 people at my Best Buy already.

Good luck, brave warriors.

Gonna try again at my local Future Shop tomorrow. Or rather this morning (11am is when it opens). I've got a lovely question for you folks. Should I arrive an hour or two early? Or should I just make an attempt to be there at the time it opens? I'm curious.

Gonna try again at my local Future Shop tomorrow. Or rather this morning (11am is when it opens). I've got a lovely question for you folks. Should I arrive an hour or two early? Or should I just make an attempt to be there at the time it opens? I'm curious.

I'll put it this way....GET THERE HELLA EARLY! At the very least, you'll be able to scope out if there's going to be a line or not and if there's not, park and sleep for an hour, wake up and check again, repeat for every 30 minutes till about 7. If there's still no one, START ONE!

Guest Smues

Our ToysRus had quite the early crowd in the bitter cold this morning. It's insane to think the Wii has been out for a month and pretty much every store still has to hand out tickets to people who wait outside. The store had also gotten a large shipment of nunchuks and motes, and for some reason they have the wiimotes for $35 so I said fuck it and went ahead and got my 3rd and 4th motes and nunchuks (plus I had some gift cards and a 20% off one item coupon) so now I've got 2 classics, 4 motes, and 4 nunchuks. So I'm set forever on accesseries other than a nice SD card.

:( Bloody hades. Stupid Canadian stores aren't setting them out. I'm probably waiting till Monday and was told good luck getting one (as everyone is camping out at 0F up here, insane!).

BTW, I went to the Best Buy to check to see if they had any, and a legitimate guy from Canadian Commericial Affairs (or whatever the fuck it is) was there to try to scare the Best Buy employees into saying that they have them and are hording them. It was kinda freaky, because when he said it, he didn't bring out his ID, so I laughed thinking the guy was a joker, but low and behold he took it out and I'm like "well, ok, now this is weird...". Apparently the rumors that they and the US equivelent are investigating them, aren't bullshit after all.

If they have product, it must be on display and not horded to drive up prices and demand. If there isn't stock already out on the shelves. When I used to be at Blockbusters that was how it worked, and so we always made sure we had our product out (for sale that is, rentals is a different story strangely enough).

I don't think Blockbuster in terms of products being put out just like Best Buy, right?

So I got my Wii this morning at 8:15 am...

...I got to Circuit City at 6:45 pm on Saturday as by 6:30 there was already like, 20 people camped infront of the BestBuy... which, from what I later learned, the line had started at 3 pm with a few people bringing tents.