TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Guest Princess Leena

So, has anyone tested some GC games for backward compatibility? I hear most work.

Haven't had any compatibility issues with any GC games. I'm pretty sure they all work, hence the whole backward compatibility feature.

I doubt all the games do. Much like some PS1 games don't work on PS2.

I mostly want Skies of Arcadia to work.

The Wii is just an overclocked Gamecube, though. Few, if any, games should have BC issues.

One person reported an issue with Mario Golf on it, but others have been able to use it just fine:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-havin...sues-216567.php

From the comments thread:

"As for Skies of Arcadia? Yes it does (play fine on the Wii). Good game too."

Unless we hear more reports, for all we know it could have been just a fluke, a single problematic system, or perhaps a Crab (Sony fanboy) making a false claim.

Does the Wii have any obvious Expansion slots under the system, like the Gamecube did? I'd like a Wii version of the Game Boy Player, if it would be possible.

Does the Wii have any obvious Expansion slots under the system, like the Gamecube did? I'd like a Wii version of the Game Boy Player, if it would be possible.

Not that I've seen, but it does have two USB ports. Possible expansion?

Guest Princess Leena

Grr, Pangya golf coming to the Wii on the 12th. I need my Wii by then.

As for the USB ports, one is likely for a keyboard around the time Opera is released. They also can be used for an ethernet adapter.

Guest Princess Leena

And be sure to travel out for shopping at like 3am at the earliest to be sure to get one. I'll pass.

I just want to get a Wii by the 12th when Pangya comes out.

I'm still Wiiless as well, yet I already own Zelda and Red Steel (pre-ordered from FamilyVideo). I really want one, you all know how I was talking about it before the release, but I don't want one bad enough to wait in line for hours and hours.

I'm psyched to get a Wii, eventually. I just picked up a region 2 PS2, so I'm having lots of fun being occupied with Japanese game goodness.

Either way, here's hoping there are consoles availble come Boxing Week.

Anybody know of places with shipments of Wii's tommorow?

Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Toys r' Us, Gamestop/EB, etc.

I can vouch for Targets that you should only expect between 4 to 24 systems depending the store's sale volume.

Anybody know of places with shipments of Wii's tommorow?

Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Toys r' Us, Gamestop/EB, etc.

I can vouch for Targets that you should only expect between 4 to 24 systems depending the store's sale volume.

I'd like to think more than that, based on the Target I work at, but I don't think it would go above 30, 40 tops.

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the Wii Shop channel? I've run a connection test and it says it's fine, but it won't connect. I didn't have any trouble with it until last night and downloaded Mario 64 with no problem yesterday afternoon.

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the Wii Shop channel? I've run a connection test and it says it's fine, but it won't connect. I didn't have any trouble with it until last night and downloaded Mario 64 with no problem yesterday afternoon.

I used to have trouble, but Nintendo's tip to change the channel of your Wireless router to 1 or 11 actually worked for me. My Internet is super smooth now.

As for the USB ports, one is likely for a keyboard around the time Opera is released. They also can be used for an ethernet adapter.

Albatross18

Cheaper :)

Yes I know Wiimote > Keyboard but still!

Something to keep in mind:

Wal-mart opens tomorrow 5 AM.

Target opens 6 AM.

Gamestop/EB opens 7 AM.

Anyone is insane to try and hit a wal-mart or a Target on black/green Friday tomorrow morning.

Guest Princess Leena

Albatross18

Cheaper :)

Yes I know Wiimote > Keyboard but still!

That's where I know about the game. :P

But, I'll never be able to play sports games on a boring controller again.

I used to have trouble, but Nintendo's tip to change the channel of your Wireless router to 1 or 11 actually worked for me. My Internet is super smooth now.

That worked, thanks.

I set out at 3:30 AM to wait for the Wii.

Wal-mart had over a hundred people waiting outside for their 5 AM opening. Sure, not everyone was there for the Wii, but I passed.

Target was letting employees in, but said they had no Wiis.

I went to the mall--a small line for forming, so I took my place. It was rather cold, but I had a thick winter coat, a scarf, a hat, gloves, and a warm Thermos of coffee.

At 4:30 the mall opened its doors. No stores were opening until 5 AM, but I discovered that (contrary to the ad), EB Games was opening at 6 AM. Myself and 3 others got in line outside EB; there were 2 mothers and 1 20-year-old Zelda fan ahead of me.

When the employees starting going in at quarter after 5, they told us (there was a long line at this point) there were only 4 Wiis. I was the 4th person in line!!!

At 5 minutes till 6, they handed out cards to the lucky first 4. I purchased my Wii just after 6, headed home, and here I am.

My friend works at the courier and saw three being shipped to Rogers Video of all places on Wednesday. We went there and I picked one up along with Zelda and Trauma Centre.

Awesome system, bowling and baseball is extremely fun in Wii Sports. I bought 1000 points with my Visa and so far bought the NES version of Mario Bros.

Zelda is terrific and so far I've had no BC issues. However, I was thrown off that the far right port (nearest the power switch) is the 1st Gamecube controller port, not the far left one. At first I thought neither my wavebird or standard GC controller were working.

Nope, both work fine in the proper ports.

I set out at 3:30 AM to wait for the Wii.

Wal-mart had over a hundred people waiting outside for their 5 AM opening. Sure, not everyone was there for the Wii, but I passed.

Target was letting employees in, but said they had no Wiis.

I went to the mall--a small line for forming, so I took my place. It was rather cold, but I had a thick winter coat, a scarf, a hat, gloves, and a warm Thermos of coffee.

At 4:30 the mall opened its doors. No stores were opening until 5 AM, but I discovered that (contrary to the ad), EB Games was opening at 6 AM. Myself and 3 others got in line outside EB; there were 2 mothers and 1 20-year-old Zelda fan ahead of me.

When the employees starting going in at quarter after 5, they told us (there was a long line at this point) there were only 4 Wiis. I was the 4th person in line!!!

At 5 minutes till 6, they handed out cards to the lucky first 4. I purchased my Wii just after 6, headed home, and here I am.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP POST YOUR WII NUMBER IN THE WII NUMBER THREAD

SERIOUSLY

Get me an Ethernet Kit so I can get it online and I will. :P

No wireless? Poop. Ethernet kit comes out in January.

Guest Princess Leena

What will be the price of the ethernet adapter? Considering how high the prices are for most Wii accessories, it may be better just getting a wireless router...