TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Little guy? Nintendo isn't a little guy. Anyway, the Wii has not beaten the 360.

Toy comment aside, it's basically the same thing Nintendo and their fans were saying early last year. Remember before E3 and the Sony doom and gloom the standard spin on Wii was that yes, it wouldn't do as well as PS3 and 360, but that was okay because it wasn't competing with them anyway. This was the explination for the hardware, the name, the potential lack of sales, and anything else negative about Wii. It wasn't until fairly recently, when Nintendo actually had a shot, that it was ok to compare Wii to MS and Sony.

Neil Thompson, an executive with Xbox, said:

"at a product comparison level [Wii is] not competing with us at all. It's an innovative, low-definition product... People will make a clear decision as to whether they want that sort of product -- a kids toy -- or they want high-definition gaming and entertainment and all that it brings.."

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/745/745321p1.html

Ah, the first step when the big guy knows the little guy is kicking his tush. Acknowledge them by insulting them.

I really hate Xbox praising Nintendo haters. Why is it bad that kids can enjoy a game? Even as a college student, I have as much fun, if not more, playing something like Wario Ware or Mario Party as I would playing some shooting game with high def graphics.

Gameplay >>> Graphics

Neil Thompson, an executive with Xbox, said:

"at a product comparison level [Wii is] not competing with us at all. It's an innovative, low-definition product... People will make a clear decision as to whether they want that sort of product -- a kids toy -- or they want high-definition gaming and entertainment and all that it brings.."

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/745/745321p1.html

Ah, the first step when the big guy knows the little guy is kicking his tush. Acknowledge them by insulting them.

Im Mr. HDTV and I dont have a 360 and dont want one. Gameplay> Graphics for games as has been said. And the PS3 is way more Hi-Def than the 360 anyway..

and Im pretty sure compared to Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo is the Little Guy.

and Im pretty sure compared to Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo is the Little Guy.

Considering they're the only one that isn't a multi-billion dollar conglomerate, yes they are.

The XBox 360 has more good games coming out in the next 6 months than the Wii even has announced though. But anyway, I'm surprised that someone who works for a game console developer doesn't know that software drives hardware sales. And surely HD can't be a selling point for a system right? I just can't believe it's anything more than an "added bonus" for most people.

The XBox 360 has more good games coming out in the next 6 months than the Wii even has announced though. But anyway, I'm surprised that someone who works for a game console developer doesn't know that software drives hardware sales. And surely HD can't be a selling point for a system right? I just can't believe it's anything more than an "added bonus" for most people.

Isnt that totally the whole PS3 Campaign and basically why the thing has flopped?

And as far as games for Nintendo..give it time..

Not really. Sony trying to sell the PS3 based on its hardware is purely coincidental, while the real problem is the price, combined with a lack of any sort of quality software. The PS2 and XBox 360 also had laughable launch-window software, but they didn't cost nearly as much. The Wii is selling on the merits of the hype surrounding the control system, but that won't translate into long-term success. Software will.

Guest Princess Leena
Stores around here are all sold out of PS3's, dunno if it's "flopping" really.

Itrackr shows 14 of 16 stores in Pawtucket carrying PS3's. 0 of 16 with Wii's.

Those impulse buyers keep cleaning them out.

People will make a clear decision as to whether they want that sort of product -- a kids toy -- or they want high-definition gaming and entertainment and all that it brings.."

Yeah! Like that media set-top box that was PS2.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. I don't want all-in-fucking-one entertainment/gaming systems. Fucking Sony and MS are crazy if they think I'm going to use a PS3 or Xbox for anything other than games. I mean, okay possibly a DVD or two if my region-free player bottoms out on me, but Mp3's, surfing the net and other shit like that? Give me a fucking break.

And yet I can go to BB here and see a stack of about 15 right at the front door in front of an equally large stack of 360's..

Comparing "a stack of PS3's" to "a stack of 360s" is not fair since the Xbox 360 has been out for over a year, thus the demand shouldn't be nearly as high.

Why isn't BB on that site??? They are all sold out, EB and Gamestop in Emerald Square are sold out as well.

Because it would ruin the illusion that the PS3 is a colossal failure. It has a million units sold in the US now, and I'd say that's pretty good considering the circumstances (although it's pretty mediocre in the grand scheme). It's also ahead of the XBox 360's pace during the first 3 months of its launch. Still, I somehow doubt that fact will stop people from claiming Sony's sky is falling.

Tennis has gotten REALLY easy now that I'm over the 1700 point skill level. Once you get around 1500, it should be pretty easy to beat the computer players. I'm beating a team of 1900/2000 (is that the best computer team? Leena?) in straight sets. I use my net guy the majority of the time, only using the back guy if the computer returns the ball hard.

The Tennis AI sucks. They return a lot of balls, but they don't hit difficult shots. Once you get the hang of getting them so out of position that they can't possibly return your next shot, you can start dominating.

Guest Princess Leena

Yeah, the best team you can face is Elisa at 2000, and that black girl at 1900. It's gotten too easy and I'm ranked about 2200 now. Occasionally they'll hit some tough shots if you hit at the net player... but, if you keep volleying to the player in the back, you'll win the point 95% of the time.

Guest Princess Leena

That's still lots of fun. I don't have anyone good to play against, though. :(

Yeah, the best team you can face is Elisa at 2000, and that black girl at 1900.

I hate pissed that I have to play the same people every single time now. There's no reason they couldn't have different people to play at the same level.

And that black girl...damn is she black. That skin color isn't even an option on the Mii channel.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ddr/ddr-parties-o...-wii-233599.php

Konami has announced Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party for the Wii. Using the wiimote and the nunchuk (Kung-Fu Fightin' better damn well be included), Hottest Party goes beyond fancy footwork to include arm movement as well, much like was seen in Wario Ware's dancing level, only more complicated.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/760/760988p1.html

Wrestling Comes to Wii

WWE coming to Nintendo's new console; THQ has 11 titles planned for the system.

by Matt Casamassina

February 2, 2007 - In a quarterly earnings conference call held Friday, THQ confirmed that it has a new WWE game in development for Nintendo's Wii console. The company also said it was very bullish on Wii as a whole, indicating that it believes the system is expanding the videogame demographic. Unfortunately, the publisher did not offer specifics on its wrestling title for Wii, but it did note that it has a large amount of games underway for the console. We've got specifics below.

THQ president Brian Farrell had this to say on the subject:

"In addition to our lineup of owned intellectual properties, we also intend to build on our licensed franchises next year. We plan to once again deliver a great lineup of WWE, Pixar, and Nickelodeon titles. For WWE, we plan to add a PS3, Wii, and DS SKU to the Xbox 360, PS2, and PSP platforms. For Pixar, we plan to publish games based on the highly anticipated film, Ratatouille across all platforms, including wireless. Like Cars, the film is scheduled to launch in North America in June followed by a rolling launch throughout the fall in Europe and Asia Pacific. Pixar Films set the standard for great animation and story-telling. Congratulations to our friends at Pixar and Disney for Cars numerous awards, including the recent Golden Globe Best Animated Picture award.

"In addition to Ratatouille, we plan to launch a sequel to Cars at holiday. Our partners at Disney and Pixar believe that Cars has the potential to be a long-term franchise and we are working closely with them on building this brand. We believe that Ratatouille, Cars II, and a growing Pixar catalog will show a strong year-over-year comparison for the Pixar franchise as a whole. We also expect strong sales from our Nickelodeon lineup led by Avatar and NickTunes. And we plan to continue to release games based on our Bratz license which has shipped more than 3 million units to date."

THQ has a whopping 11 Wii titles planned for Nintendo's system through fiscal 2008, it revealed. Said Farrell:

"Our product portfolio has always aligned well with Nintendo's platforms. Similar to our successful migration of GBA sales to the DS platform, we expect to grow our share on the Wii as we migrate our number one Game Cube independent market share to that platform. We currently have 11 Wii titles scheduled for release in fiscal 2008."

Farrell also noted that THQ is at the moment favoring Wii to PS3. "Nintendo has always been a very, very strong platform for us. I think you should be thinking about Wii as incrementally more positive for us than PS3," he said.

Meanwhile, THQ CFO Ed Zimmer offered a rundown of how well the company believes the consoles will sell in fiscal 2008, which we've included.

"Our unit hardware forecasts in North America for each platform are as follows," Zimmer said. "Xbox 360, 5 to 5.5 million units; Nintendo Wii, 5 to 5.5 million; PS3, 3.5 to 4 million; PlayStation 2, 3.5 to 4 million; DS, 7 to 7.5 million, and PSP 3 to 3.5 million. In Europe and the other PAL territories our forecast for each platform are as follows. Xbox 360, 2.5 to 3 million; Nintendo Wii, 3.5 to 4 million; PS3, 3.5 to 4 million; PlayStation 2, 2.5 to 3 million; DS, 5.5 to 6 million; and PSP, 2.5 to 3 million. On a worldwide basis we expect minimal shipments of Xbox, GameCube, and GBA."

oh lord, pleaaaaase give us a full, better than ever, sequel to the Day of Reckoning series, one with a roster that rivals the amount in No Mercy!!

*freaks out, awaiting disappointment*