TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Ohhhh, that's what that shit's called.

I've seen everything from bikes to rollerblades to segways. The segway one consisted of people on the street just laughing their asses off at the people on the segways. Good times.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'd never heard of that before, but those fags should have the goddamned fire hose turned on them.

those people make me glad that critical mass exists, and i hate critical mass.

Speaking of Critical Mass assholes..

Bikers who are such flippant assholes about the rules that they ruin it for the rest of us. Case in point:

I'm biking home the other day and I'm on this bike path which leads on to this neighborhood street. There's another biker whos a little faster than me, so he goes ahead and we're both biking down the street. So we come upon a car stopped at a stop sign, turning left, obviously.

So the guy ahead of me on the bike does not stop at the stop sign. This is already against the law, but I don't care too much. I'll ignore stop signs if I see there's absolutely no cars in any directions. This guy on the bike goes around the car on the LEFT, where the car was turning, and the cuts across him completely and turns right, going up the street. Evidently he wanted to turn right but there wasn't enough room for him between the car and the sidewalk.

It was probably the most flippant disregard for someone else I've seen in such a situation. Asshole bikers, maaan...

Critical Mass, I appreciate on one level. Its important to get lots of bikers out there to accustom people to seeing bikers on the street. They get used to them, and it's safer for me. But ASSHOLE Critical Massers who hold up intersections illegally so teh entire "mass" stays together are bad.

I broached the notion of people who bring shit upon themselves in another topic discussion, specifically cigarette smokers who complain about smoking restrictions as if they were born with a nicotine addiction. Fuck that. Nobody made you start. You have only yourself to blame.

Other people who fuck their own shit up.

- Unemployable lower class parents with facial piercings. You want to be treated like an adult? Take the shitty eyebrow piercing out. Your priority is no longer fitting in with your inner circle of friends with awful, homemade tattoos and worse taste in music. No, your new priority from here on out is to provide for your god damn kids. Clean yourself up, wash the green hair dye out and go fill out some applications. You'll never be punk. You'll never be counter-culture. You're white trash. All of you.

- These whiny pricks who hem and haw over a forty cent late fine at the library. If you don't want to pay for your late fees, I have a simple solution- return the material before it is due! And, no matter what, they insist that they returned it on time and we made the mistake. Every time. A few years ago I had this elderly woman complain about a fine from 1997. She said that she remembered turning it in on the day that is was due. 1997! Really, what old lady has that kind of memory? Yet, somehow, they can't remember the name of the person who said that they would waive their fine. Or what they look like. But somebody made a promise.

- As previously mentioned, drivers who insist on blasting their subwoofers as loud as possible. Oftentimes, these are the same people who complain because, somehow, they are getting more attention from the local authorities than everyone else. Gee, I wonder why. Was it the loud, rattling sound coming from your trunk that we could hear from ten blocks away? Naw, couldn't be that.

cigarette smokers who complain about smoking restrictions as if they were born with a nicotine addiction. Fuck that. Nobody made you start. You have only yourself to blame.

Well, for the restrictions we can actually blame pansy-ass "this is everyone's air!" nonsmokers like you. You want your own non-smoking restaurants and bars? Fine, go have them. But don't insist that all of them be nonsmoking. I don't understand the thought process of not allowing smoking in a goddamn BAR. In some places it's gotten ludicrous, with smoking being completely banned in basically all public places, with a very wide definition of "public".

Fucking awesome, and retarded.

You live in the Bay Area, but out in the suburbs, so you're probably not 100% familiar with it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass

I assume that's what gtd is talking about, especially since he lived in Manhattan and all..

yeah, that's it, though i never saw them until i moved to pittsburgh. in new york i don't think it would be a big deal at all, because there's fucked up shit blocking the roads every day of the year and every day it's something different. "oh no, people on bikes." "oh no, a street fair." "oh no, a building being evacuated from a bomb threat." "oh no, elephants." and so on.

Well, for the restrictions we can actually blame pansy-ass "this is everyone's air!" nonsmokers like you. You want your own non-smoking restaurants and bars? Fine, go have them. But don't insist that all of them be nonsmoking. I don't understand the thought process of not allowing smoking in a goddamn BAR. In some places it's gotten ludicrous, with smoking being completely banned in basically all public places, with a very wide definition of "public".

i love smoking bans in bars. it's so very nice to come home from a crowded bar and not have to change my clothes for their lingering odor making me want to vomit. smokers are hard-asses, they can walk forty feet and stand under some awning if they want a fix.

cigarette smokers who complain about smoking restrictions as if they were born with a nicotine addiction. Fuck that. Nobody made you start. You have only yourself to blame.

Actually, I think that the business owners should be allowed to make that decision, not the public. And I've never voted on a smoking ordinance in my entire life.

i love smoking bans in bars. it's so very nice to come home from a crowded bar and not have to change my clothes for their lingering odor making me want to vomit. smokers are hard-asses, they can walk forty feet and stand under some awning if they want a fix.

"Sir, put out that goddamn cigarette, you're gonna kill us all!

...here Bob, better have a couple more Jagerbombs before you drive home."

And oh yeah, something that angered the hell out of me today: American Express's automated customer service hotline. Activated a freaking credit card shouldn't take two hours of "let me transfer you to someone else..." type of hell.

I've never heard of someone being secondhand drunk.

Sure, one man's drinking can lead to another man's death..but that could happen even if the guy was drinking alone in his apartment first.

It should be the public's decision to choose. If it's their health and air quality, then fuck yes they have a right to decide.

Retail annoyances ahead...

Whenever you find a customer opening the box of something they grabbed off the shelf to see what the item actually looks like. First of all, if the customer isn't caught, chances are he won't be putting said item back into the box properly, if at all. Secondly, there's a picture of the item right on the front of the box.

This customer walks in and asks me for a different item, which I found for him. I walked to the back of the store for a minute, and then I walk up to find him in the middle of the store with an $80 Spiderman bust on the floor. The actual bust is inside one the protective styrofoam cases. He had already taken the stryrofoam out of the box and was clearly just about to rip it open by ripping the tape off. Before he could go further I approached him and asked him to not do that. He first just calmly said that he wanted to see what it looked like, so I told him he could look at the picture on the box (not rudely, mind you). I didn't think he was attempting to steal since he was right out in the open and I wasn't far away to begin with. With that, he starts getting all defensive. I explain that the first instinct for any employee, no matter what store it is, would think he was trying to steal. From there, he says, "I'm not retarded dude, just fuck off." From there, I just automatically told him to leave. He refused, using worse and worse language as he went. The store's in a shopping mall, so I just told him I would call security if he didn't leave. He says fine, so I pick up the phone up front. Before I could dial the number, he's slamming his other item on the counter getting ready to leave. More f-words result, and him questioning why I would bother calling security.

(paraphrased)

Me: "Um, because you initially refused to leave, so they would make you leave since it's their job."

Him: "I wasn't even stealing. I wouldn't need to steal. I have thousands of dollars, five cars, a boat, blah blah blah, you suck, you're a pussy, you won't ever get any pussy, etc." (SERIOUSLY)

At that point, he was in the entrance of the store ready to leave, so I just started helping a customer who approached the register to pay for something. Back to the original point of customers taking it upon themselves to open items just to "see what it looks like", I generally don't mind for minor stuff that can be opened quickly without the trouble of putting it back the way it was, but does it hurt for customers to ask? Especially when I clearly had no one else to help at that time?

Guest Smues

Thinking I've won some money because our team won bar trivia, only to find out we have to answer the bonus bonus round question to get the cash. Then subsequently missing the question and getting nothing. (The question was who'se 1989 late night talk show was so bad they had to struggle to fill the studio audience. All I could come up with was Chevy Chase even though I thought his show was early 90s. And of course the answer was Pat Sajak.)

I broached the notion of people who bring shit upon themselves

- As previously mentioned, drivers who insist on blasting their subwoofers as loud as possible. Oftentimes, these are the same people who complain because, somehow, they are getting more attention from the local authorities than everyone else. Gee, I wonder why. Was it the loud, rattling sound coming from your trunk that we could hear from ten blocks away? Naw, couldn't be that.

There are two cliques of douchebags who act like that in my town. Always with the "why me" act when the fuzz nabs them, yet they have these rediculous Civics with jet black window tints, loud exhausts, and blasting bass and motorcycles that they blow through the streets on all night. Plus, they're really, really dumb so of course they do the same shit every night and go hang out in the same places (plus my town is very small). Thankfully, they haven't been around my part of town in forever. I don't like blaming stuff on popular culture, but when Fast and the Furious came out is when all this shit started happening here.

Guest Vitamin X
Critical Mass, I appreciate on one level. Its important to get lots of bikers out there to accustom people to seeing bikers on the street. They get used to them, and it's safer for me. But ASSHOLE Critical Massers who hold up intersections illegally so teh entire "mass" stays together are bad.

You mean corkers? Without people to cork the intersections, Critical Mass- along with a lot of other bikey events- can't happen. It's only bad when the confrontations between the bicyclists and motorists turns violent, then you have that whole "bikes vs. cars" bullshit that's happening in a lot of places around the country, but especially out here in the West Coast this summer.

Idiot cyclists are a lot like idiot drivers, they just make everyone look bad, and it seems like there's a lot more of them due to lack of education and enforcement in most places. With the exception of these big fun rides, I make it a point to be as far to the right of the road as I can unless I'm making a left, to stop at stop signs and red lights

I don't like blaming stuff on popular culture, but when Fast and the Furious came out is when all this shit started happening here.

Ditto pretty much everywhere around the country. That's one of the worse byproducts of that movie, well that and Paul Walker's acting career.

Guest Cal Moriarty

"We"? You derive a sense of belonging from smoking? Shut up. Moreover, the "pansy-ass" common sense that is the harm principle makes it pretty clear and fair that drug use is permissible till it infringes on unwilling participants, which smoking in a crowded and enclosed space certainly does. Luckily for you, this same principle means that nobody will bat an eye when you go in the basement and drink cough syrup to get high.

Ugh, you dimestore hack.

Retail annoyances ahead...

These get more absurd every time.

I don't mind the no smoking indoors ban at all, nor do I mind non smokers. It's the non smokers that come up to me, when I'm outside, away from open doors and windows, and tell me that what I'm doing is bad for my health and for those around me.

And there is kind of a comraderie in smoking. I don't know why. Nor do I care, really. It's really evident when you and one or two guys in your group of friends are the only smokers in the group. It kinda brings ya closer together cos you spend more time together. In a sense.

Once again, I smoked for... 9 years, and that never happened to me.

Once some black guy very casually said "Those things'll kill ya." I said "WHAT? Oh my god!" stomped it out and said "Thank you, sir, you've just saved my life!"

His laughter was worth the price of the smoke.

Guest Cal Moriarty

I'm quite obviously the most sanctimonious douchebag here when it comes to cigarettes, and even I would never dare to actually tell somebody that they shouldn't be smoking because it's bad for them. They know. I'm not even sure I would point out that they're smoking in front of a No Smoking sign. I'm cowardly, that's all.

t's really evident when you and one or two guys in your group of friends are the only smokers in the group. It kinda brings ya closer together cos you spend more time together. In a sense.

It's because the cigarette is a phallic symbol. Subconsciously you're sucking each others' dicks.

t's really evident when you and one or two guys in your group of friends are the only smokers in the group. It kinda brings ya closer together cos you spend more time together. In a sense.

It's because the cigarette is a phallic symbol. Subconsciously you're sucking each others' dicks.

Shit, more than subconciously, son.

Keep in mind, I'm from douchebag suburbia where everyone just HAS to tell to you what they think all the time. It's only ever happened in my town, to be honest.

Guest Smues

One bar that 'can't' sell me a pitcher of soda, despite selling pitchers of booze. And another bar where I'm not allowed to wear my Braves jacket. Apparantly they banned sports jackets to curb gang activity or some bullshit. Weak.

There's a bar by my school which doesn't allow hoodies or hats inside. Of about 10 bars in this podunk little college burg, it's the only one with any such rules. (And it's in the Poconos, so it's always cold out and thus hoodie season for almost the entire duration of the school year. So you freeze your arse off waiting to get in. [it's the only place you have to wait to get in])

I'm quite obviously the most sanctimonious douchebag here when it comes to cigarettes, and even I would never dare to actually tell somebody that they shouldn't be smoking because it's bad for them. They know. I'm not even sure I would point out that they're smoking in front of a No Smoking sign. I'm cowardly, that's all.

I have. It worked out quite well.

I wouldn't say that this actually angers me so much as annoys me, but...

When you get to a 4 way stop sign at the same time as someone else. You're going straight and they are turning in front of you... so obviously you should go ahead of them. But you be nice and let them ahead of you because you're not in a hurry right? But then they don't give a little thank you wave? Motherfucker, did you see how kind I just was to you? How hard is it to lift your hand in a small token of appreciation?

Same vein: hold the door open for someone long enough that you actually have to slow down or stop a bit and they don't say thank you. REALLY?

I wouldn't say that this actually angers me so much as annoys me, but...

When you get to a 4 way stop sign at the same time as someone else. You're going straight and they are turning in front of you... so obviously you should go ahead of them. But you be nice and let them ahead of you because you're not in a hurry right? But then they don't give a little thank you wave? Motherfucker, did you see how kind I just was to you? How hard is it to lift your hand in a small token of appreciation?

Same vein: hold the door open for someone long enough that you actually have to slow down or stop a bit and they don't say thank you. REALLY?

What's even worse is when you're at a 4-way stop getting ready to turn left and you let the person directly across go. You start to go to turn and the douchebag behind them guns it and goes too right on the person you let go by's ass.

I had some guy do that and I honked and he stopped beside me in the middle of the intersection and said "What the fuck is your problem?" I of course exploded, for no good reason because we both just drove off after we got done with our dick waving contest.