TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

I'm really hoping that somehow, someway the sassy black chick from Staples lands a job at Dunder Mifflin.

I was thinking the same thing.

I think that a lot of the characters were writen with the specific actors in mind to fit their personalities. I like all of the sub-characters, especially Creed.

Yes, but the actors playing Toby and Kelly are also writers, so I'd argue that for at least these two characters they filled a role and the character moulded around them after. Kelly especially, since they needed Mindy Kaling for "Diversity Day".

Aren't Angela, Ryan, and Oscar also either writers or producers?

Ryan is.

Angela and Oscar are not

Figured I didn't need to mention B.J. Novak since he gets one of the 5 major acting credits on the show.

Dwight working the floor at Staples... I'm getting flashbacks to my time there (well, Business Depot, but same company, different country)...

Andy stalking Michael in the office was great. The camera panning to reveal Michael hiding behind his door was the best part of the show for me. When did Ryan become such a dick? I've never liked his character, although I do relate to him more than anyone else as I've been in his shoes, but this season, he's been unbearable when not interacting with Kelly.

"Dwight had a big personality, and I have a big personality. A lot of times when two people like that get together it can be explosive." Flawless delivery there.

I didn't really love this one. The first half with Andy just annoyed me more than anything else. Michael playing the straight man didn't really lend itself to any good jokes.

An alright episode, but I think one of the season's weakest.

And I am liking a miserable Ryan at work

Someone on another board mentioned that the muzak playing @ Staples during the Michael & Dwight scene was "(Love Lift Us) Up Where We Belong".

Ok I wasn't crazy then.

I think Ryan's always been a bit of a dick. Its just that before it was directed at people we didn't particuarly like.

He's even more of a dick now. He's a young guy who wants a hell of a lot more than to work at DM. He was ok with the temp job and never thought he'd work there full time. Time went by, was actually offered a full time job, and he accepted. Now he's bored, bitter, and pissed off about it all, but he understands that it's better than nothing for the time being. Not only that but he's in a horrible relationship he doesn't want to be in, but is too chicken to end it. He's not that great at his job at all as we've seen before, so his self confidence is taking a hit as well.

He misses just being a temp as well, and that part of his life. His "me too" in this past episode pretty much summed up his entire character right now.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
When did Ryan become such a dick?

When wasn't he? He's been a prick to Jim for a while now.

When did Ryan become such a dick?

When wasn't he? He's been a prick to Jim for a while now.

Exactly. Remember the whole refusing to give Jim his old desk back and countless other actions? I like that about Ryan. Andy and Ryan are both dicks but in a different way. Andy, you just hate while with Ryan you can't blame him.

They probably followed Dwight for the same reason they followed Jim to Stanford

But Jim was still an employee of Dunder Miff. so that makes sense. Following an ex-employee on the job at another company just doesn't make sense. But at least it was only one episode.

They probably followed Dwight for the same reason they followed Jim to Stanford

But Jim was still an employee of Dunder Miff. so that makes sense. Following an ex-employee on the job at another company just doesn't make sense. But at least it was only one episode.

But he wasn't at the Scranton branch anymore. They never had any cameras in the other branches unless a Scranton employee was there.

In the British special, cameras followed Gervais' character around after he left the company to see what sad and pathetic things he was up to, and the crew even went to Florida for Dawn and her fiance. It's not far-fetched.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Yeah, Jim's a nice guy. That's why I got the desk.

There was also the time at Jim's house when he asked if he was done with Katy so he could take a crack at her, or something. Or when Jim wanted to go on vacation to miss Pam's wedding and Ryan was like "yeah, send me a postcard."

Yeah, Jim's a nice guy. That's why I got the desk.

There was also the time at Jim's house when he asked if he was done with Katy so he could take a crack at her, or something. Or when Jim wanted to go on vacation to miss Pam's wedding and Ryan was like "yeah, send me a postcard."

"He'll have a wild weekend in Philadelphia"

"Jim has worked the same job for the last five years. Jim eats the same ham and cheese sandwich for lunch every day. I dunno, if I was a betting man I'd say Jim will have a fun weekend in Philadelphia".