TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

Square is free to develop for whomever they like, why else are they doing so much with Nintendo again these days?

Cause Nintendo does a good job in selling remakes/ports of back catalog games in the portable market?

If either Nintendo or Microsoft gets both Grand Theft Auto and Kingdom Hearts (if a new version of that comes out, which I'm assuming it will eventually), I'll have absolutely no reason to throw my money towards Sony. They were the main draws for me to buy the PS2 in the first place.

KH3 hasn't had a platform officially announced, but considering the sales of the first 2 games in Japan, Square would be insane to make it a 360 exclusive, unless the 360 starts taking off big time. I don't see that happening.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155564

Namco Must Sell 500,000 on PS3 to Break Even

Hardware shortages might make that a wee bit difficult.

by Patrick Klepek, 11/30/2006

We aren't exactly sure how many PlayStation 3s Sony's managed to push through North America and Japan yet, but we're positive it's not enough to help Namco Bandai break even on Ridge Racer 7 and Gundam development. Speaking to Bloomberg, the publisher said they need to sell more than 500,000 copies worldwide to come out ahead on the racing sequel.

And that's not just the case with launch games, either. Namco Bandai President Takeo Takasu says that will be the case for every PlayStation 3 game they release.

Both games sold approximately 30,000 copies on day one in Japan. There aren't any figures available for North American sales of either game, but considering the most purchased games were Resistance: Fall of Man and Madden NFL 2007, chances are neither will be burning up the charts.

You have to wonder how much they lost on Ridge Racer 6, then. Ouch.

Sony games division reorganizes leadership

SAN JOSE - Plagued by problems with the launch of its new PlayStation 3 console, Sony is shaking up the management of its games division.

The company announced this week that it is promoting Kaz Hirai, formerly the president and CEO of its North American PlayStation business, to president and chief operating officer of its entire games division. Hirai will take over the day-to-day operations of Sony's games business from Ken Kutaragi.

Kutaragi, a legendary figure within the games industry as the father of the original PlayStation, will oversee the longer-term, strategic development of the company's global games operations as chairman and group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment.

Sony games division reorganizes leadership

SAN JOSE - Plagued by problems with the launch of its new PlayStation 3 console, Sony is shaking up the management of its games division.

The company announced this week that it is promoting Kaz Hirai, formerly the president and CEO of its North American PlayStation business, to president and chief operating officer of its entire games division. Hirai will take over the day-to-day operations of Sony's games business from Ken Kutaragi.

Kutaragi, a legendary figure within the games industry as the father of the original PlayStation, will oversee the longer-term, strategic development of the company's global games operations as chairman and group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment.

I'm laughing my ass off right now.

At this point the Sony hate is just silly. I don't openly want any of these systems to fail. I want them all to be successful in order for each separate company to continue to compete with one another.

Guest Princess Leena

But, Sony isn't treating this like competition. They're being extremely arrogant, and not giving a damn about any gamers. If they fall down the food chain, maybe they'll come back to reality.

None of these companies care about gamers.

Agreed. Some people are acting like Sony personally slighted them. If you don't like their products just don't buy them. But cheering for their failure is kind of silly.

Agreed. Some people are acting like Sony personally slighted them. If you don't like their products just don't buy them. But cheering for their failure is kind of silly.

Sony DID personally slight people by putting a fucking unstable rootkit on their CDs among a whole bunch of other fuck-over-the-consumer-in-the-name-of-copyright-protection examples over the last decade. This company choking on their attempt to push through yet another proprietary media format and crashing down in flames would be glorious. Nintendo at least made a gaming system, Sony's selling you an attempt to take over your living room.

Sony DID personally slight people by putting a fucking unstable rootkit on their CDs among a whole bunch of other fuck-over-the-consumer-in-the-name-of-copyright-protection examples over the last decade. This company choking on their attempt to push through yet another proprietary media format and crashing down in flames would be glorious. Nintendo at least made a gaming system, Sony's selling you an attempt to take over your living room.

Maddox tends to agree.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c....u=sony_bullshit

If I were an RPG developer *coughSquarecough* or a fighter developer *coughcoughNamcoahem* I would absolutely be in transition over to 360 development.

Oh come on Eric. Square? Namco maybe should go multiplatform, but why would Square want to transition franchises that are hugely popular in Japan over to a system that doesn't sell in Japan? Because The Elder Scrolls games have sold so much better than Final Fantasy?

And this righteous indignation about everything Sony does is starting to get a little ridiculous. They, like Nintendo and Microsoft, are a for-profit corporation that's going to do whatever they think is necessary to make a profit. What's good for the gamers is the last thing on any of these company's minds, unless what's good for the gamers also happens to be profitable. It's not like Microsoft and Nintendo have a distinguished history of doing good for the little guys either. Especially Microsoft. I mean, people are bashing Sony for not doing good by the consumer and then supporting *Microsoft*. Uh, right.

If I were an RPG developer *coughSquarecough* or a fighter developer *coughcoughNamcoahem* I would absolutely be in transition over to 360 development.

Oh come on Eric. Square? Namco maybe should go multiplatform, but why would Square want to transition franchises that are hugely popular in Japan over to a system that doesn't sell in Japan? Because The Elder Scrolls games have sold so much better than Final Fantasy?

And this righteous indignation about everything Sony does is starting to get a little ridiculous. They, like Nintendo and Microsoft, are a for-profit corporation that's going to do whatever they think is necessary to make a profit. What's good for the gamers is the last thing on any of these company's minds, unless what's good for the gamers also happens to be profitable. It's not like Microsoft and Nintendo have a distinguished history of doing good for the little guys either. Especially Microsoft. I mean, people are bashing Sony for not doing good by the consumer and then supporting *Microsoft*. Uh, right.

Oh not me. Microsoft is much much worse than Sony in terms of shitty business practice.

Those must be just boxes. How does on get 6 Wiis at one store? Don't they have the one per customer limit? Unless he had 6 people with him or something.

Guest Smues

The PS3 has been out for like 3 weeks. Search for it on ebay and sort by highest price first, and the lowest price on the first page is $9,500. Do people seriously expect to sell any of those?

Some of them are also for a Vegas Vacation or a donation to a charity.

This auction cracks me up because it's so fake. The guy has a picture of the receipt, but it is so far away you can't read anything. I was a rat and reported him, but crap like that is what ruins eBay.