TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

Guest Princess Leena

No stores have Wii's sitting on the shelves.

Unless you're in podunk Wyoming, or something.

In Canada, Sony raised the price of the 60 gig PS3 to $699 from $650. Fucking brilliance. Sure it's still $7~!~!~! cheaper than it is in the US, but where is the sense in doing that NOW?

All I know is PS3 is now my main system.

tekken-dark-resurrection-20060217092130781.jpg

Playing as Jinpachi is fun.

So DR is actually out for American PS3 now?

Did they give Jinpachi a real moveset or does he still have the instant stun and infinites and all that other broken crap?

So DR is actually out for American PS3 now?

Did they give Jinpachi a real moveset or does he still have the instant stun and infinites and all that other broken crap?

No, now they're saying the English version won't be out till March so I gave up waiting and got the import.

They changed him quite a bit. The stun is now a reversal. You can still do it from anywhere but the window is small and he has a ton of recovery if it whiffs. When it does hit they are not stunned very long and WGF doesn't fully launch. The best thing about him is that he can now do his fireball on the ground! You can also now low parry the fireball attacks from anywhere on screen. Both look as ridiculous as it sounds.

All I know is if Squeenix decides to go to multiple conseoles, which it is already, slowly doing, PS3 is FUCKED. Invincibly fucked.

Format wars (how's those minidiscs and PSP movies doing?) + Ridiculously high price. + A long standing history of shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty hardware = FAILURE.

Don't get me wrong, there's a shitload of great PS/PS2 games. Shit, the last game I (re)played was Suikoden II on my Ps2 cute adorable mini version.

However, I went through 2 Ps1s and 2 PS2s, If they think I'm going to blow an entire paycheck on their shitty system, fuck them. THey made their own bed. PS3 is going to fail, from an objective outlook. And they have no one to blame but themselves.

P.S. Playstation was the only division of sony to make a profit. They better suck Square/Enix's dicks, because if they lose them Sony, the corporation is DONE.

P.S. Playstation was the only division of sony to make a profit. They better suck Square/Enix's dicks, because if they lose them Sony, the corporation is DONE.

Thats not true. They made a big profit so they used those numbers to make their consumer electronics division look even more profitable, but now it is having a reverse effect because it cost more to make the PS3 and they are selling like the PS2. The rest of consumer electronics is doing fine. Although if they did fold that would give me more job security so keep on sucking PS3.

I have to send my PS3 back to Sony because it is broken. When I am watching BR movie, the audio will cut out for half a second and continue to do this throughout the film. The service guy at Sony had no idea why it was doing that, but since I am in my one year warranty, I get a new one.

Man, they sent my PS3 Next Day Air via UPS. The package is 16lbs and it's coming from Texas. That cost over $100 to ship.

No wonder Sony is losing money.

It lets you save and store your photos, and view them in HD.

Stream video to your PSP.

It enables you to play PS1 games on PSP...unless you had it hacked already so you don't need the system to act as a conduit.

Allow me to just dig up a few old quotes for LOLing.

... the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even [if] it didn't have games

Sony will still dominate. :headbang:

How do you know Ken is lying?

His lips are moving.

I doubt it will be 500 bucks.

No comments yet about PS3's new backward compatibility issues?

The backward compatibility for PS2 titles is going to be gimped in the Europe PS3s. The emotion engine shall be yanked, and instead the system will have 360-level compatibility with "select" titles.

[urll=http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/scee-responds-to-backward-compatability-239632.php]Don't worry, it will still have blu-ray, cell, and all the other wonderful features you expect of the PS3.[/url]

So, will our PS3s lose the compatibility they enjoy now? You bet your BUTT they will.

"We have no announcement regarding any hardware specification changes for PS3 in North America at this time," said a company representative.

Or in other words, "yeah, kiss it goodbye. We just haven't decided on when, yet."

"...the PS3 will feature backwards compatibility with PS and PS2 games from day one. I'm emphasizing this because, from what I hear, there are some platforms that haven't been able to completely do this. It's costly in terms of hardware, but we'd rather [invest] firmly on compatibility from the beginning, rather than to have issues later on."

-- Ken Kutaragi last year.

Hey, another broken promise!

I finally got a PS3 yesterday and have been playing a bunch of VF5. It's a lot like VF4, but with prettier stages, heh. But I like VF4, so that's cool. And I have to learn it so I can enter it at Evo. Now I just need to find someone to play. Eric? Haha.

Today my mission will be to find a 50 ft long ethernet cable that can reach from my cable modem in the computer room to my TV, and then I'll be able to get T5:DR and all will be right with the world.

Random comment - the PS3 gets really hot when it's on for any length of time. Is that normal? It doesn't seem like it can be good for it...

It's not.

Sell it.

Actually, it IS normal, it doesn't have the power converter outside, it's inside. Not so noticeable on the PS2 and DC etc. because it's using much less power. You're playing the H2 of game consoles. You know how we feel about H2's...

I was pretty close to buying a PS3 while I was out to best Buy given that A) The PS3 qualifys for 18 months no interest B) I have a $50 gift card and C) They have a Buy 3 Blu Ray movies and save $20 deal. I could have gotten 3 movies and a game for about $90 to go with the PS3..but I opted to just get the nintendo Component cables instead..hmm..