TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starvenger

Ultimate Fight Night VII

Highlights/thoughts.......

- Hamill gets destroyed utterly by everybody in the LHW division not named Petruzelli. Cardio? Nope. Improving position? Nope. Blocking? Nope. Boxing? Fuck nope. Matt is the new Rashad.

- ATHLETICISM~! Sweet start to the fight and a few early sub attempts by Jay with the head and arm choke and the headlock. Props to Herman for trying to fight through it but Macdonald had a triangle/kimura/bloody elbow strikes combo goin' on. Kendall/Macdonald would work just fine.

- Da Spydah pushes a fast pace and throws elbows. Meh. I'll be impressed when he beats somebody who's beaten somebody.

- Shammy dies quickly but not quick enough that we can see a prelim fight. Fuck off, Ken. Tito acting like he wants Chuck and that he took it easy on him before because they were "friends" is hilarious. Tito wants none of Chuck, believe that.

Da Spydah pushes a fast pace and throws elbows. Meh. I'll be impressed when he beats somebody who's beaten somebody.

He already beat Kalib, who tooled MacDonald.

If Jason pisses hot again, I'll fuckin' die laughing.

Tito vs. Dana is gonna be live on TV?

What were the announcements? I Just saw the fights seperately so I missed anything otherwise.

Rashad has evolved man. Don't compare him to Hamill. Also, give Hamill some more time. Ahhh never mind, Tito hasn't passed a guard in about ten years, what makes you think he'll teach Hamill how to?

I want Tito to beat Chuck, but I don't see it happening.

Ahhh never mind, Tito hasn't passed a guard in about ten years, what makes you think he'll teach Hamill how to?

Hell he hasn't even finished an opponent not named Ken Shamrock in five years. Arona actually has more finishes than Tito in the last five years.

Re: Macdonald. The guy looked slick as hell in that fight on the ground, but he lost to Patrick Cote via RNC. As much as I like Pat as a fighter and a person, the guy is not much of a grappler. To say Kendall needs to prove himself while pimping MacDonald is kinda dumb. The guy will get wrecked in his next fight, because the UFC will probably give him some legitimate competition.

The two guys opposite Herman and Kendall were being billed as tomato cans to build the latter up. Don't short-change Kendall because they were what they were.

And really, I don't see how Price gets out of that predicament at the end. He was weakly putting his guard up and elbows were being mashed into his face.

I thought I heard the announcers mention that Ortiz flipped off Shamrock when he went to shake Ortiz's hand. Is that true? Did I miss it? Who knoew the guy was such a jerk in the octagon.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I watched this last night. I can kind of see where he was coming from. I don't know the whole story to their animosity, but aggression would be running high after beating the shit out of someone. They made nice immediately afterwards.

The two guys opposite Herman and Kendall were being billed as tomato cans to build the latter up. Don't short-change Kendall because they were what they were.

And really, I don't see how Price gets out of that predicament at the end. He was weakly putting his guard up and elbows were being mashed into his face.

Well, Price is a can while MacDonald is more of a gatekeeper. He's definitely beatable, but he will usually hang around for a while and can beat a good fighter (Doerksen, Herman) now and then.

Also, Price tapped, for anyone who still thinks it was a quick stoppage or something.

If the quarter-hour audience for Ken/Tito was 1.15 million, I won me a year's Observer subscription.

It was a pretty decent show last night. Hamill still needs a lot of work both in standup and on the ground (rubbing your forearm into a cut for half the fight is not exciting offense), Kendall looked good beating the jobber and Ken got the stuffing beat out of him, as was expected.

This show actually made me intrested in ordering UFC 64 as well. Franklin/Silva is an intriguing matchup.

LOTC is way too hard on Matt Hamill.

Remember guys, it's only his 4TH PRO FIGHT.

And I don't want to see guys with only 3 fights under their belt fighting their 4th on live TV when Tony Desouza and his hobo beard would've been much more interesting (and by all accounts a much better fight then Seth/Matt).

Oh, and eat a dick Tong. I cannot hold a parade without you pissing on it.

And I don't want to see guys with only 3 fights under their belt fighting their 4th on live TV when Tony Desouza and his hobo beard would've been much more interesting (and by all accounts a much better fight then Seth/Matt).

Actually, I was setting you straight in regards to your Kendall hate, as opposed to MacDonald love. If you want to celebrate with your male stripper, feel free.

Fag.

I agree with that, but you also got to remember Matt Hamill is more of a name to the mainstream audience then Tony DeSouza.

And Tong, that male stripper would make you tap out in less then 30 seconds. I met MacDonald at a few of the King of the Cages/MMA events here in Western Canada, stand up guy.

I don't doubt MacDonald's a cool guy and all, and don't mean the male stripper comment in nearly as bad a manner as when I call Gurgel one.

But still.

I don't doubt MacDonald's a cool guy and all, and don't mean the male stripper comment in nearly as bad a manner as when I call Gurgel one.

But still.

According to Gurgel's myspace, he is straight.