TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

*calming the fuck down!*

again, Curry, I had said that I thought we speculated on that already, that's why I did not spoiler tag it...I mean, how the fuck do I even know, really? Not like I've seen episodes in advance or anything. That was my guess, is all. I know when spoiler tags are necessary. I don't have insider info on the show or anything. So for MY future posts, I'll remember to say that I'm merely speculating.

I think it's going to be Jody Foster. I'm only speculating, so this may or may not be a spoiler. ;)

Calming down

Sadie, I love it

Now now now

Death valley 69

Man, this show is really fun. It's one of the three shows I watch regularly. That last scene was the shit. Good acting all.

One thing though, in terms of promos, does the overhype really work? SAVE THE CHEERLEADER SAVE THE WORLD, SOMEONE FLIES, SOMEONE DIES

LOST does a lot of the same thing, but i don't know, the promos for this show are so shitty, it's unbelievable.

Oh, and Hiro Protaganist is the shit. Snow Crash is awesome. I wired Neal Stephenson's house once. Helluva guy.

That's awesome. Hey, if I liked Snow Crash, will I like The Baroque Cycle?

I've tried not to watch any of the promos for any of the shows I like, I pretty much learned my lesson in the early days of 24 & Alias. I wish the networks had more integrity.

you know, I've only read the first book in the Baroque Cycle. Which was good. He just wrote them too damn fast! I'd go with the Diamond Age or Cryptonomicon before plunging into the Baroique Cycle. Especially Cryptonomicon, which is massive and dense, and drier than his earlier books.

I definitely liked the first book in the Baroque cycle, but it doesn't have the humor of Snow Crash. If anything, Zodiac, the book he wrote before Snow Crash, is really fucking funny. It's about an ecoterrorist.

Stephenson is hilarious, isn't he? There are some whole paragraphs that are easily as quotable as some cult favorite movies. Thanks for the advice... I've heard good things about Cryptonomicon.

OK, after watching Global's Sunday airing of Heroes, I have a couple of non-spoiler things to say:

- Fuck you, Global, for airing the show in fullscreen.

- Fuck you, Global, for not having HD yet

- Fuck you, Global, for trying to make me watch Falcon Beach

- And a Fuck you in general to Global for the virtual football ads.

As for show-related stuff, all I can say is:

Holy shit.

This isn't supposed to be a Neal Stephenson thread...

but of course read Cryptonomicon before Baroque because of the cute family connections.

Not to mention Crypto is better than any individual Baroque book, I THINK. Items like Randy driving behind the pig truck, Lawrence dealing with "German spies", all the "hackers" toting guns outside of the Tombstone's office.

That book was sooooo great.

And of course I :wub: the main character from Zodiac, even though he was supposed to be a dick.

OK, after watching Global's Sunday airing of Heroes, I have a couple of non-spoiler things to say:

- Fuck you, Global, for airing the show in fullscreen.

- Fuck you, Global, for not having HD yet

- Fuck you, Global, for trying to make me watch Falcon Beach

- And a Fuck you in general to Global for the virtual football ads.

As for show-related stuff, all I can say is:

Holy shit.

TIME WARNER CABLE has been having technical difficulties the last couple days blacking out all networks during primetime.....it better not happen tonight!

FUCK YOU TWC for choosing cheap-ass ION and MY35 over CW network! FUCKING FCC bs regulations! FUCK YOU Clear Channel for owning all local tv/radio stations!

Slyar vs Peter = the awesome

Once again Heroes is gonna make you say UHHHHHHHHH.

Last nights episode was disgusting with maybe the best cliffhanger ending of the series so far and too many "OH SHIT" moments to count.

They are *really* getting down to business, now. There's like half a dozen things they did tonight that LOST would take a year to do.

- Peter/Nathans mom "protecting" Claire may have been the best twist they've done all season.

- Suresh being pinned to the ceiling was a great visual and Sylar vs. Peter should kick suitable ass (also a great cliffhanger to have Sylar zip Peters head). Suresh still is the worlds dumbest brilliant scientist, cause even though he figured out who Sylar was, it took a newspaper bulletin to spell it out to him. I wonder if he is dead? Probably not, that seems like something they'd build up with previews. "Someone gets a feeling, someone gets stuck to a ceiling".

- ANDO~! returns

- Hiro and Ando go to the FUTURE~!

- LINDERMAN (finally) Debuts, very much as THE ORACLE~!

- Black chick is still dead, hot chick morphs into her, Vision guy is bewildered, Glasses guy is FUCKED~!b

I dunno about Mo being dead, methinks there's a job waiting for him with HRG and Thompson if he makes it through this. Then again, his agenda might be different then theirs and that could cause problems.

Hiro, Ando, Glases guy, they all kick ass.

The onnnnlllly point I have contention with is Ali Larter. Man, her storyline sucks. And she;s pretty bad, all in all...

I like Heroes.

If one were to really compara the series, it ain;t Neal Stephenson, It's far more J Michael Strazynski (did I spell it correctly? Polish pride!)

Nikki/Jessica skills as assassin are needed to kill certain people to finalize the story arc. Apparently she is the only one on Heroes who knows how to pull the trigger of a gun everybody else just points the gun at people making idol threats.

Seven weeks? Well, it's not as bad as Lost's wait at least. At least there's a ton of stuff to look forward to.

I have to be the only person in the world not bothered by the Nikkica storyline or Ali Carters performance. I really must be.

Great epi, and when ANdo showed up, my balls shorted out the television.

But seven weeks?!? Dayumnnn.

I can just see next week:

Unnnhh. See the series everyone's talking about! Unhhhh people with super powers. Unnnhhh People with stupor... uh showers! someonewillflysomewilldie.

/Husky Will Arnett-type guy.

Nikki/Jessica skills as assassin are needed to kill certain people to finalize the story arc. Apparently she is the only one on Heroes who knows how to pull the trigger of a gun everybody else just points the gun at people making idol threats.

Isaac pulled the trigger. And he did hit someone that needed killing.

Hatian shot up HRG as well.

And finally Mohinder did pull the trigger, eventually. Poor, stupid Mohinder.

Pfft. Jessica couldn't even kill Parkman.

The problem with the Nikki storyline is that it hasn't become relevant to the main plot, while pretty much everyone elses storyline has at this point. It seems like a completely separate show. That, and there really is no reason to care for any one in that storyline - everyone is annoying and emo. Plus, the whole split personality thing is too arbitrary. One second shes Nikki, the next she is Jessica, then Nikki. There is no switch.

Pfft. Jessica couldn't even kill Parkman.

The problem with the Nikki storyline is that it hasn't become relevant to the main plot, while pretty much everyone elses storyline has at this point. It seems like a completely separate show. That, and there really is no reason to care for any one in that storyline - everyone is annoying and emo. Plus, the whole split personality thing is too arbitrary. One second shes Nikki, the next she is Jessica, then Nikki. There is no switch.

Jessica killed the "mob henchmen" who threatened her early in the series and fat diamond guy who was a contract kill. Parkman just got in the way and add the cliche jessica/nikki internal fighting let Parkman survive since there was no reason to kill him.