TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I finally caught the second episode and it was a big upgrade from the first episode. I like how they have evolved the characters further and already set up that the explosion has already happened but it needs to be stopped.

I wonder if there's anything to the fact Petrelli won the election in a "landslide" after he said he was behind.

I'm thinking that we know Ali Larter's character doesn't fit with the others, so what are the chances she might be the one doing the killings in LA and NYC. We've seen she loses track of time and obviously doesn't know about the deaths, I just think she'll end up playing a role in those.

What I don't like is the cheerleader's father, he's not convincing and it seems forced.

I'm thinking that we know Ali Larter's character doesn't fit with the others, so what are the chances she might be the one doing the killings in LA and NYC. We've seen she loses track of time and obviously doesn't know about the deaths, I just think she'll end up playing a role in those.

What I don't like is the cheerleader's father, he's not convincing and it seems forced.

Hasn't it been established that the cheerleader's dad is the one doing the killing?

Perhaps it is the Lost fan in me, but I have been theorizing their connections. Seems to me that it will turn out that their parents were connected in SOME way and that is where the genetics research will come into play.

Perhaps the cheerleader's father killed her real parents and is setting her up with a a fake set. I am thinking he is Sylar and wants to wipe out everyone else that has powers so he can be the only one and thus cannot be stopped.

Hasn't it been established that the cheerleader's dad is the one doing the killing?

I don't think so. It's implied that he killed Papa Suresh in order to obtain his research (or stop his research.....I'm not sure), and that he's part of some larger group or conspiracy (we know there is more than one because of the guy trying to bug Suresh's place that Mohinder scared off). Ali Larter seems to have killed a few times before, given that she knows a burial site in the desert which is already occupied with other bodies. Sylar seems to be some serial killer with supervillain abilities.

What I'm really curious about is who killed the guy who could see the future and took his brain.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Episode 3 - One Giant Leap - October/9th/2006.

Hiro sets about proving to Ando (James Kyson Lee) that he is meant to save the world. Matt is questioned by FBI agent Audrey Hanson (Clea DuVall) about suspected serial killer Sylar, who Mohinder learns had a connection with his dead father. Peter marvels at his newfound ability to fly, while Nathan makes a calculated move to keep the truth from the press. Claire's attempt to maintain normalcy in her life proves difficult. Niki visits Micah's paternal grandmother, and Isaac pushes Simone away.

there's supposed to be one more Hero left...the father of Ali Larter's child. Well, according to Wikipedia anyway...he's in prison and has the ability of phasing. Wonder when we'll see him.

I'm only midway through Ep 2 and I desperately want both Ali Larter and her greasy looking son to die.

Good episode though there's still a lot of contrived and cliche stuff (most notably the cheerleader-rape-attempt nonsense and Mohinder-and-cute-neighbor's exposition hour). Ali Larter's storyline also isn't doing it for me. The evil twin angle is cool, but the storyline itself is dull as dirt. C'mon Cylar, out with their brains!

The last scene was pretty fucking cool.

Overall the show is entertaining and watchable, but it feels like its teetering on the edge of OMG-Awesomeness (~2006) level of shows (Lost, BSG, 24, Prison Break, etc). It needs 'something' to push it over the top. Probably an extra rewrite on each of the scripts :-P

Not every storyline is clicking, but the ones that are (Hiro, Sylar, Cheerleader) are insanely awesome.

I'm going to assume the guy Psych-Cop collapsed after mind-reading was T.L, Nikki's ex-husband?

I was thinking that he was in with the Cheerleader's father and that gang (whoever they are).

The Cheerleader scenes at the end were worth every cliche rape attempt. That was the first "oh shit" moment for me from this show.

okay, I know Wikipedia isn't always known for its accuracy, but the black man helping Sylar is not the same actor as the guy playing D.L., Niki's ex-husband who reportedly has the power to phase.

I read that, too. He didn't exhibit any powers in last nights ep. He was testing his ability to fly, but failed after a couple of attepmts. He was only in proximity of his brother, but he wasn't testing his powers then. And after being around the psychic last week, he drew the scene of him levitating on that napkin while he was in the hospital.

Good call on him drawing himself levitating before it happened. I missed that one.

Good episode but like Dubya mentioned, not everything clicked. Larter is still a terrible actress but at least they fleshed out her storyline a bit more. The cheerleader stuff was clicheed as fuck but the neck stabbery made up for it. Hiro is far and away the star of this show. I do not see his buddy making it to the end of the season, though I'm curious if he'll end up discovering abilities as well.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling that Ando's not long for this world. I imagine Hiro sees Ando's death (at the hands of Sylar?) in an upcoming issue of the comic book and tries to avoid it, but it's inevitable. "Ando the Sidekick" does have a nice ring to it though. I do hope they keep him on the show, I'm just not too optimistic.

Read this on another board, maybe some have figured it out but I'll tag it in case.......

Whoever said that Peters powers are that he absorbs the power of those around him is pretty dead-on. In a later episode we find out that his power is.........empathy. My big question is whether or not he can mimic what is around him or absorb what's around him? Because if he can absorb Nikki's powers then I'd say that Peter plays a pretty big part in saving NYC.

every hero so far seems to have a sidekick. Hiro has Ando, Claire has the geeky emo kid, The cop has the FBI agent, Ali Larter has her annoying snot kid, future painter has the black chick, I'm not so sure about the flying brothers but I guess each could be the other's "sidekick".

every hero so far seems to have a sidekick. Hiro has Ando, Claire has the geeky emo kid, The cop has the FBI agent, Ali Larter has her annoying snot kid, future painter has the black chick, I'm not so sure about the flying brothers but I guess each could be the other's "sidekick".

Actually, Peter has her now and don't forget that his mother as well. Who probably knows about the older brother's ability.

Maybe I missed her before, but what was the significance of the chick watching the cheerleader and the quarterback kid walking away from the bonfire? Who was that anyway?

Probably means nothing but I was curious nonetheless.

Things are getting a little more interesting on this show.

The Good

Hiro and Ando, BFF

Cheerleader chick. Started out kinda hokey, but I'm liking her more and more.

Flying Brothers.

Psychic Cop who was the Pilot In The Pilog of LOST.

The Bad

Blonde FBI chick. CANNOT ACT

Ali Larter and her mixed race son.

Cheerleaders father looks forced.

The indian guy with the underage alternachick trying to "piece the puzzle together". Not a bad concept, but the actors don't do it for me.

I wonder if there's anything to the fact Petrelli won the election in a "landslide" after he said he was behind.
I've been predicting 'heel turn' for him since episode one. My guess is that he gets some assistance from The Forces of Evil ... who/what/how still TBD.

The Cheerleader scenes at the end were worth every cliche rape attempt. That was the first "oh shit" moment for me from this show.
Dubs, took the words right out of my mouth. I was kind of pissed about how cliched and lame that scene was ... until she bounced off the fence and got impaled. And the autopsy scene - and the previews for next week - sealed the deal for me.

The GoodFlying Brothers.
Jonathon, I couldn't disagree more ... this is the one subplot that I'm most apathetic about. I don't care for the protagonist, and care less for the evil politician brother. While the Ali Larter subplot is relatively lame and poorly acted, at least there's some eye candy to keep me occupied.

Good episode tonight. Some of the more annoying characters are becoming likeable now.

Preview for next week looks kickass! "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

That hotel room scene between Ali Larter's character and the Congressman was hellishly drawn out and boring, same with her and her kid. It was when her "twin" came out to play that she became anything close to interesting.

And indeed, Future Hiro does kick ass.