TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

Spoiler regarding Kurt Angle's involvement at BFG

During tonight's TNA Impact taping, it was announced that Kurt Angle will be the ringside enforcer during the Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett main event for the 10/22 Bound for Glory PPV in Michigan.

TNA is already Bret Hart'ing this.

A more logical way to go was a promo (seeing as it'd be his first appearence) or a confrontation with Christian.

However, Jarrett pushed to get the first taste of Angle and to get the initial buzz. The company hasn't changed a bit.

At least they know not to put him in a serious match right off...which leads me to believe it's still easy to see that Angle's in bad shape and they are going to try to book around it for the next few weeks.

Chuck Norris was involved in a Taker match? I can't imagine the incredible amounts of awful that involved.

He was just at the entryway, to keep people from coming in the ring (and failed when Bundy and another came out, then IRS came through the crowd). I think he kicked down Jeff Jarrett too.

I don't think Angle will turn heel at Bound for Glory. You already have Jarrett as your top heel along with Christian and Scott Steiner.

Angle will play the role of Tito Ortiz, taking the guitar away from jeff maybe hitting him with an angle slam

I wouldn't be suprised to see a main event of Sting/Angle vs Jarrett/christian or scott steiner at the dec tna ppv

I personally think TNA blew it with the Angle hype.

1. Keeping Angle in a non wrestling role for a few weeks is not going to make things better. They mightest well put him in a match on the biggest show of the year against a big TNA star that always lose and draw attention,MONTY BROWN. Monty vs. Kurt would be a good feud to sell.

2. Why keep him off tv for the first two weeks? THe Buzz will die down eventually. You don't have to build up Angle, he's already the man. Didn't TNA do the same thing with Sting and Christian? People is going to be mad this Thursday when they find out Kurt is not going to be on the show.

This has happened almost every time Jarrett needs to lose the title. Angle will do something to cause Jarrett to lose so he doesn't have to job cleanly. More of the same stuff, which is why my expectations for Angle in TNA are so low.

Angle coming to TNA is very similar to Bret going to WCW. WCW dropped the ball with Bret, and we'll see the same thing happen with Angle.

For what its worth, having him wrestle as a special ref for the main event is probably the best at this point and is rather traditional when big names sign with a company to really build to their first match. I'm not that fucking rabid for some thrown together match at BFG with him for no reason when the card, by the time all is said and done, will likely be very stacked as is. And this most certainly isnt any long term indication that TNA is "dropping the ball" with him. They can easily build to his first match in the company (probably against Jarrett at Genesis) and additionally try to generate a drawing number from him with his first TV match at the new timeslot premiere 4 days after.

On a side note, one thing I hope TNA stays far away from is Christian-Angle to be honest. We've seen enough interaction between those two in the WWE days where its all still too fresh for me to give two shits about that one. Angle/Jarrett, as lame as it sounds, is stronger to me on paper than that.

They are kinda limited with what they can do with Angle at the moment. He is in no shape to wrestle right now and even they know it. I won't compare it to the Bret WCW thing since they could have very well put Bret in a match (not sure what exactly, wouldn't have had much build).

What is Joe doing at BFG now though? I heard maybe a 3 way?

You people are fucking retarded.

Most threads are "PLEASE DON'T SIGN ANGLE...HE's GOING TO DIE!!!!"

And now this thread is complete anger of keeping him out of action for at least another month and a half.

Mark my words.

And If I am wrong...someone can dig this up, quote me and throw it in my face for the rest of my posting life:

TNA knows that JJ isn't Kurt Angle. All TNA has wanted from the time they formed...was someone like Kurt Angle.

By the time Spring hits...Angle and Joe will be the top people in the company.

The JJ show ends at BFG.

He'll slip into a feud with Eric Young, while Joe wins the title and Angle moves into contention.

Bank on it...or...throw it back at me.

You people are fucking retarded.

Most threads are "PLEASE DON'T SIGN ANGLE...HE's GOING TO DIE!!!!"

And now this thread is complete anger of keeping him out of action for at least another month and a half.

because it's the same people saying those things

I think its a good move. Think about it, if Joe gets involved in the title match, or is a part of the title match, we have the first interaction of Angle and Joe right there. Doesn't have to be much, a staredown for a couple of seconds, or a glance.

And plus, make people tune in. Make people beg to see Angle in action, draw it out.

I did read the spoilers and I still didn't exactly see an obvious match with Joe at BFG. I saw him get involved in:

The whole Raven/Runt/Abyss feud. But then he doesn't exactly fit in there real well. Though I'd kinda like seeing Joe/Abyss.

Also he got involved with Christian and Rhino. But again he seemed too peripheral to be squarely in a match with them.

So what to do with Joe?

Just a thought...but maybe they are going to somehow add him into the sting vs jarrett match, and get rid of the silly retirement gimmick involved with the match.

They could still add Joe to Sting/Jarrett and up the ante even more by keeping the current stips. Sting would have his back against the wall and winning would mean a lot (obviously Jarrett takes the pin). Then Joe can go after Sting and Sting puts him over on the way out.

Im just glad they havent put him in a match. They really dont need the bad publiticity if something goes wrong, even if its just an injury.

Having him in the JJ/Sting match means JJ will loose the title, Sting has to get the title before he drops it too someone, possibly Kurt. I can see JJ loosing, then having Kurt turn on sting.

I doubt Kurt is turning. If Sting really is on the way out after his contract expires then they are going to need a huge face to fill that gap, and I don't think it's gonna be Samoa Joe as he's just not there in terms of cutting babyface promos.

Nothing CHANGED when Christian and/or Sting signed....granted, Kurt Angle is a bigger name in 2006 then either of those two, but as long as Jarrett has the power of the book then I don't see much change in the future.