TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest messiahtype

Memorable examples of WWE, burying a wrestler while..

Taz losing the ECW title in a 3-way elimination within about a minute. (though he went on to job in a longer match with RVD)

Jericho in WCW was jobbed heavily, and was supposed to lose the skirt match, but Saturn liked the skirt for whatever reason.

HHH numerous times said he ran Rock out of the company while he was just off filming movies.

May not fit the criteria, but man did Vince bury Dusty.

And the worst attempt at burying was the Rick Rude impersonator getting whipped by DX after Rude made them look like a fool by appearing at the beginning of Nitro and burying the WWE.

For that matter, when will companies learn that impersonating other companies stars makes you look like a bushleague crybaby? See:

Asya

Oklahoma

Nacho Man/Huckster/Ted Turner

Gillberg

Fake Diesel & Razor

Ok Gillberg's entrance was pretty funny with the sparklers and piped chants, but did it distract from the fact that Goldberg was a rising star?

the rude impersonator was harvey whippleman (or however you spell it),actually that wasnt oo bad considering what rude did to the wwf

Guest Overworked

How about the quiet, subtle unspoken burial of the Public enemy in the WWF during their late 90's stint that had everyone in the locker room, including those feuding against each other Including Refs Ganging up to beat them down whenever they got on camera?

One of my favorite burying moments was during the Triple H- Marc Mero - Mr. Perfect storyline in late 1996.

It goes something like Mero got help from Perfect to win the IC title or something like that, don't exactly remember how they aligned. Then Triple H eggs on Perfect to face him on Raw. Perfect accepts that match and warms-up backstage. Meanwhile, Hunter runs a equipment cart into Perfect's knee thus taking him out. Mero goes on to take Perfect's place in that match, which Hunter accepted with the IC title on the line.

Perfect turns on Mero and aligns with Hunter. But then Perfect disappears for WCW.

Meanwhile, at In Your House: It's Time, the re-do the promo leading up to the HHH vs. Mero match, with HHH disposing of Perfect and just rearraging the order of events that happened. That gave me a good chuckle.

It's too bad in 2002, when Perfect came back that he and Hunter didn't do anything together, whether it was aligning together or feauding with each other.

Razor Ramon getting squashed by Vader at In Your House in 96'

Lex Luger getting punked by Tatanka at SummerSlam 94.....Lex was then put in a tag team with Davey Boy smith after that and I don't think they ever even won the titles.

One of my favorite burying moments was during the Triple H- Marc Mero - Mr. Perfect storyline in late 1996.

It goes something like Mero got help from Perfect to win the IC title or something like that, don't exactly remember how they aligned. Then Triple H eggs on Perfect to face him on Raw. Perfect accepts that match and warms-up backstage. Meanwhile, Hunter runs a equipment cart into Perfect's knee thus taking him out. Mero goes on to take Perfect's place in that match, which Hunter accepted with the IC title on the line.

Perfect turns on Mero and aligns with Hunter. But then Perfect disappears for WCW.

Meanwhile, at In Your House: It's Time, the re-do the promo leading up to the HHH vs. Mero match, with HHH disposing of Perfect and just rearraging the order of events that happened. That gave me a good chuckle.

It's too bad in 2002, when Perfect came back that he and Hunter didn't do anything together, whether it was aligning together or feauding with each other.

Thats one way of passing your belt to someone else without doing the job.....

I thought the way Lita's last hurrah in WWE at Survivor Series last year was uncalled for.

I hated the way Jericho left after he lost to Cena.

Lita really did get a raw deal on her way out the door. Weither or not she was a heel at the time, she was one of the major iconic figures for the womens division, and definately helped redifine what a woman can really do in the ring.

As for Jericho, I really liked the way he left actually. He wasn't retiring or anything, and he always played a cry-baby whiny heel, so it made sense for him to get thrown out kicking and screaming.

Bossman jobbing to Bigelow at Royal Rumble '93.

Blake Beverly after Bloom left. Virgil was given the same treatment until he left in '94. He also jobbed to Nikolai Volkoff around that time.

Yeah but Hogan wasn't in the WWF then and hadn't been for 6 years.

I never understood that Jarrett thing in 1999. Try and juxtapose it with the way Jericho was treated in the Chyna feud. Jarrett got to retain at one PPV and then had a Dusty Finish to cost him at the next PPV (the belt isn't a household item). They went out of their way to protect a guy whose contract was up and who sorta held them up.

Then with Jericho....they just jobbed him to Chyna clean. Can anyone even begin to justify this booking?

Yeah but Hogan wasn't in the WWF then and hadn't been for 6 years.

I never understood that Jarrett thing in 1999. Try and juxtapose it with the way Jericho was treated in the Chyna feud. Jarrett got to retain at one PPV and then had a Dusty Finish to cost him at the next PPV (the belt isn't a household item). They went out of their way to protect a guy whose contract was up and who sorta held them up.

Then with Jericho....they just jobbed him to Chyna clean. Can anyone even begin to justify this booking?

Wasn't it HHH's fault for making Jericho look like crap his first few months in the WWF?

If we are talking about verbal burials as well, then Edge's comment about "Billy Gunning" the King of the Ring was quite memorable.

The Rock taking a shot at the Juice when he asked Jericho if he was impressing him just because a few months before, he was fighting a person down south named Juventud.

And Triple H calling the then Smackdown champ a Paper Champion...

I don't necessarily buy the HHH burying Jericho stuff in late 1999. HHH didn't really have quite the power at that point that he had even 6 months later in 2000. At that point maybe HHH was suggesting things like "Jericho sucks" but they didn't have to listen.

Taz losing the ECW title in a 3-way elimination within about a minute. (though he went on to job in a longer match with RVD)

I'm figuring they did that to actually give some doubt to the outcome of the match. Everyone knew Taz was leaving so I think they figured to take him out of the match early and let the focus be on the two guys that were still going to be in ECW. Considering Heyman and a good portion of the locker room were out on the walkway with Taz thanking him for what he had done for ECW, I don't think they really buried him by any means.

As for the topic, I didn't see it but Lita's exit did sound unneccessarily harsh.

I don't necessarily buy the HHH burying Jericho stuff in late 1999. HHH didn't really have quite the power at that point that he had even 6 months later in 2000. At that point maybe HHH was suggesting things like "Jericho sucks" but they didn't have to listen.

I really liked the Smackdown ep where for reasons i forget DX was walking around outside and they come a cross a bum on the sidewalk.

"Will work for food? You can't work. You're like Jericho."

I really liked the Smackdown ep where for reasons i forget DX was walking around outside and they come a cross a bum on the sidewalk.

"Will work for food? You can't work. You're like Jericho."

That was such a dick move on HHH's part. It was also hilarious.

the setup to the perfect-hhh-mero situation, started with Perfect coming down to ringside during Hunters matches and whispering something to the Random Chick in Trips' corner and then leaving with her. Hunter got mad and challenged him to a match after a while, but in the meantime Perfect was seemingly turning quasi-face and even congratulated mero on his win and appeared in his corner at the october iyh ppv, helping him defeat Goldust.. The match with HHH was set for the next night and I remmeber being pumped for it cuz I was always a big Perfect mark from back in the day, but I couldntr watch Raw that night cuz I had a ba grade in match so my dad forbid me from watching TV(I was a freshman in high school at the point ok?)

on that october RAW< Perfect was "injured" and instead HHH goaded Mero into taking his "mentors" place and putting up the belt. During the match a ref bump happened and then Perfect came down with a chair I htink, went to hit HHH, but swerved and hit Mero. I think Perfect made one appearance in HHHs corner leading up to Survivor Series on a RAW. I think I remember Gorilla Monsoon, saying something about Perfect not being allowed to be in HHHs corner cuz he didnt have a managers license.

Guest Wisdom

Both Brock Lesner and Goldberg getting stunned and eternally buried by a near-handicapped Austin at Mania after their match.