TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest messiahtype

Memorable examples of WWE, burying a wrestler while..

Guest messiahtype

they're way out of the company or going on a hiatus. outside of the obvious screwjob. i'll say

1.the commentary during the97 surivior series, though very subtle, were attempts to bury bret.

2.rock saying "austin can take his ball and go home"

add on..

Guest messiahtype

jim "the anvil" neidhart taking a beatdown from dx after he begged to join.

triple h "to quote a very overrated hollywood actor." I can't remember if he quoted "it doesnt matter" or if you smell what the rock is cooking.

Guest East.Coast.J

Sending my boy Eric Bischoff out of the company in the back of a garbage truck comes to mind.

Buff Bagwell just getting tossed out the back door of the arena never to be seen again was somewhat humorous as well.

And Hulk Hogan getting manhandled by Yokozuna while the announcers definitively proclaimed that Hulkamania was dead.

Half the roster beating up the Public Enemy and then un-ceremoniously dumping them over the top rope in a tag team battle royal.

It can't have been much worse than the beatdown of Hassan in the '05 Rumble, was it?

Hassan being choke slammed to hell. Demolition jobbing to jobbers at Wrestlemania in a 2 minute squash. Razor Ramon getting destroyed by Vader on Pay Per View in '96.

Buff Bagwell just getting tossed out the back door of the arena never to be seen again was somewhat humorous as well.

To be fair...Bagwell deserved that.

Demolition jobbing to jobbers at Wrestlemania in a 2 minute squash.

Tenryu is hardly a jobber. He's a former Triple Crown and IWGP Champion, just to name two of the title's he's held. Kitao is less recognizable, but they both are not jobbers.

Tenryu is hardly a jobber. He's a former Triple Crown and IWGP Champion, just to name two of the title's he's held. Kitao is less recognizable, but they both are not jobbers.

To the average WWE fan, they are.

I never got why Tenryu and Kitao were chosen to beat the Demos on that card. Was it just sort of a "good will win" because they were working with WWF, or was Vince planning on pushing the duo as a tag team?

Guest ResidentEvil

No, not really. Any average WWF fan knows that anyone who is wrestling at a Wrestlemania has to have at least a little cred. Tenryu's size also gave him way more credibility than your average jobber on WWF Superstars or WWF Challenge. The match was announced ahead of time so everyone got a chance for their intrigue to grow. No fans had seen these wrestlers job before. Who were these Japanese wrestlers wrestling against Demolition on the biggest show of the year?

Billy Red Lyons in the event centre would often build up the Japanese tag team by mentioning championship credentials. I remember even Vince subtly building them up on commentary during the WWF superstars show.

I did find that Demos match odd too but never thought Tenryu or Kitao were jobbers. Since I hadn't seen them before and they were Japanese I assumed they had to be some sort of bad asses to suddenly appear on WM.

Half the roster beating up the Public Enemy and then un-ceremoniously dumping them over the top rope in a tag team battle royal.

It can't have been much worse than the beatdown of Hassan in the '05 Rumble, was it?

That was a really disturbing moment.

It just reminds me of how poorly handled the Hassan character was, Puder was stiffed because it was supposed to be him paying his dues, but Hassan was made a whiner and I think that's why the beatdown occured, but it also did seem racist, is that what bugged you?

It just reminds me of how poorly handled the Hassan character was, Puder was stiffed because it was supposed to be him paying his dues, but Hassan was made a whiner and I think that's why the beatdown occured, but it also did seem racist, is that what bugged you?

Yeah, that's what it was. The way all of these wrestlers put aside their petty personal rivalries to join forces against the REAL danger: the Ay-rab. The way they were cheered on by everyone, even the heel announcer. It was creepy as fuck.

Taz losing the ECW title in a 3-way elimination within about a minute. (though he went on to job in a longer match with RVD)

Jericho in WCW was jobbed heavily, and was supposed to lose the skirt match, but Saturn liked the skirt for whatever reason.

HHH numerous times said he ran Rock out of the company while he was just off filming movies.

May not fit the criteria, but man did Vince bury Dusty.

And the worst attempt at burying was the Rick Rude impersonator getting whipped by DX after Rude made them look like a fool by appearing at the beginning of Nitro and burying the WWE.

For that matter, when will companies learn that impersonating other companies stars makes you look like a bushleague crybaby? See:

Asya

Oklahoma

Nacho Man/Huckster/Ted Turner

Gillberg

Fake Diesel & Razor

Ok Gillberg's entrance was pretty funny with the sparklers and piped chants, but did it distract from the fact that Goldberg was a rising star?