TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

The Great American Bash DVD comes to stores this Tuesday, the 21st. The Blockbuster bonus features have been listed on package since One Night Stand. The Blockbuster exclusive features are the 20 Man Battle Royal where Khali wins the belt and also "Former Champions Predict Outcome of Cena/Lashley". I have not had a chance to look at the disc yet, but I will keep everyone posted on the other bonus features when I get a chance.

WWEB012_L.JPG

In January 2006, Batista had no choice but to surrender the World Heavyweight Championship due to injury. This DVD chronicles the return of Batista after six months and his mission to take revenge on the man who put him out of action and regain his title as World Heavyweight Champion!

SmackDown! (07/07/06)

Batista confronts Mark Henry

The animal is unleashed! After six months on the shelf Batista returns to call out the man who severely injured him: Mark Henry!

Saturday Night¹s Main Event (15/07/06)

Batista, Rey Mysterio & Bobby Lashley vs. King Booker, Finlay & Mark Henry

Batista's first match back and a chance to send a message to the rest of the SmackDown superstars that the Animal is back!

SmackDown! (04/08/06)

Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy

Weeks prior, Mr. Kennedy had beaten Batista by DQ and count out but in this third encounter will Batista finally catch his prey?

SmackDown! (25/08/06)

Batista & Bobby Lashley vs. King Booker, William Regal & Finlay

Just one week after facing King Booker at SummerSlam, Batista teams up with Lashley to take on Booker and his "royal knights."

SmackDown! (13/10/06)

Batista vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Finlay

All three men do battle for the right to face the World Heavyweight Champion. With King Booker at ringside and Finlay's leprechaun under the ring, can Batista pull it off?

SmackDown! (27/10/06)

Batista & John Cena vs. Big Show & King Booker

Batista teams up with the WWE Champion to take on the World Heavyweight Champion and the ECW Champion in a red hot SmackDown main event!

SmackDown! (10/11/06)

Batista vs. Finlay

Finlay has been a constant thorn in the side of Batista in his quest to regain the World Heavyweight Championship. Will Batista finally be able to finish off the fighting Irishman?

Looks like a pure shit DVD LOL.

It needs a name change how can they call it Raw/Smackdown volume 4 if it only focuses on Batista? Why not call it THE ANIMAL, Batista: Spade and/or Nuder the downfall of his championship reign.

What were the first 3 volumes?

I think it was a Best of Raw, Best of Smackdown, and one that covered the Edge/Cena feud. Like this one, all UK exclusives.

I have a best of RAW vol. 1 tape, came in a boxset with WM16. Late 97-Mid 98, includes stuff such as Kane's introduction up to the WM 14 match, Sable/Jacqueline bikini contest, D-X reforming with X-Pac and the Outlaws, and shit loads of Austin.

As far as Raw compilations go, there is a Best of Raw vol. 1 & 2 DVD and a Vol. 3 VHS.

Vol. 1 & 2 covers post-Survivor Series '97 to Autumn '98 where Austin is fired by McMahon and feuded with Taker & Kane. Vol. 2 covers the birth of the Corporation to Austin being ran over. The footage on these tapes is mostly Austin vs whoever at the time and Dx vs Nation stuff. There are also random extras like the Corporate Rumble, Chyna turns on DX, etc... No great matches like Foley wins the title or memorable skits though.

Vol. 3 covers 2000 from the time where HHH feuds with Vince and Steph turn heel up to the return of Austin. Being a VHS, there are no extras. I don't remember much from the tape.

Yeah, these DVDs aren't connected to the Best of RAW videos that were released years ago. As someone stated, these are UK exclusives.

The other volumes are:

Cena vs. Edge

Edge & Chris Masters vs. John Cena & Ric Flair (23/01/06)

WWE Championship Match

John Cena vs. Edge (13/02/06)

Special Guest Referee: Mick Foley

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship

Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena vs. Edge (03/07/06)

WWE Championship Match

Edge vs. John Cena (15/07/06)

Saturday Night's Main Event

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship

John Cena vs. Edge (02/10/06)

Raw's Most Memorable Matches

Ladder Match for the Undisputed WWE Championship

Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy (01/07/02)

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Triple H vs. Ric Flair (19/05/03)

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Triple H vs. Kane (23/06/03)

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels (21/07/03)

Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin (02/05/05)

Smackdown's Most Memorable Matches

World Tag Team Championship Match

Chuck & Billy vs. Hulk Hogan & Edge (04/07/02)

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero (25/07/02)

Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero vs. The Rock & Edge (01/08/02)

Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar (12/06/03)

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero (06/01/05)

United States Championship Match

Chris Benoit vs. Booker T (21/10/05)

does anyone know if UK dvds play on playstation 2? I've seen various tagged classics and such floating around on amazon or ebay, and was wondering if they'd play on an american dvd player.

does anyone know if UK dvds play on playstation 2? I've seen various tagged classics and such floating around on amazon or ebay, and was wondering if they'd play on an american dvd player.

That would depend on the region number, plus th euk dvds are in PAL mode, but some dvd players can switch to PAL, I have one.

anyhow, at work today I learned that Circuit City this tuesday is not only releasing GAB 07, but a SummerSlam 3 pack, featuring the 04,05, and 06 dvds on sale for 15.99 this week (reg price will be 19.99) the funny part? the 2004 one has been repackaged with a new cover, anyone take a guess why? If you said Benoit, you are right. They redid the front cover and now show only the Taker vs JBL match picture whereas the original had the orton/benoit match as well. plus the back lists all the matches, EXCEPT FOR THE MAIN EVENT, I'm assuming the match is still on there, but they dont want to advertise You Know Who.

anyhow still a cool deal, I already have the 06 dvd, but not the 04 and 05 so it would be like paying 8 bucks each for those not bad.

Benoit / Orton was one of my favorite main events of all-time. Its definitely in the top 10 of best SummerSlam matches and I'll be absolutely devastated if they do edit out THE MAIN EVENT. Then we know for sure what to expect from the SummerSlam Anthology. :(

I was happy I finally found a copy of Backlash 2007 yesterday. Online stores have been listing it as out of stock (and I assume it's OOP, or will be re-printed later with one less match) and no stores around here seem to have copies. I found one single copy of it sitting next to a stack of unsold ONS 07 DVDs at a Best Buy in Michigan yesterday.

Benoit / Orton was one of my favorite main events of all-time. Its definitely in the top 10 of best SummerSlam matches and I'll be absolutely devastated if they do edit out THE MAIN EVENT. Then we know for sure what to expect from the SummerSlam Anthology. :(

That was pretty good, but IMO, the rematch from Raw the next night blew it out of the water. Benoit made Orton look like a million bucks in the rematch. Whoever was the RAW reporter for TSM at the time put it best the next day: "Tonight, A Star is Born".

Probably not, but it brings to mind the fact that they should do a "Greatest Tag Teams" 3 disc dvd.

Don't worry dude, it's not gone. I bought the set today after work (I already have the 06 dvd but not 04 and 05, and its only 15.99 so its like getting the other two for 8 bucks each I guess)

The cover art and back has been chnaged but when you open it, the insert is the old one with benoits pic on it, plus the disc is the original disc from 2004 (as it says so on the sisc , plus is has all the original extras-like all the summerslam olympic parody commericals-WHICH ARE GOLD, ESPECIALLY BATISTAS BREAKDANCING!

, plus the Rush "Summertime Blues" song intact, plus the Benoit/Orton Main Event). seems to me that dont want to show him on the cover, cuz stores may be hesitant to so that (even though my store still has all dvds with him in it, and you know some stores have to still have his "Hard Knocks" dvd set)

plus I picked up GAB 07, the regular ones extras are the Lashley/Cena contract signing from RAW 7/2/07, plus Edge's Mardi Gras celebration where he got hurt (odd choice but I guess they want to show how he got hurt? unless the dvd extras was set in stone beforehand?)

Cool, thanks for letting us know about that! Although I'm sure if it wasn't the main event, it definitely would have been edited out.

I was happy I finally found a copy of Backlash 2007 yesterday. Online stores have been listing it as out of stock (and I assume it's OOP, or will be re-printed later with one less match) and no stores around here seem to have copies. I found one single copy of it sitting next to a stack of unsold ONS 07 DVDs at a Best Buy in Michigan yesterday.

A good chunk of 2007 PPV's are missing the theme songs... copyright laziness? i hate the backlash one!

I quit buying PPVs following WM 23, but I rented Backlash and I wound up enjoying most of it even though I thought it was lame that the PPV only had SIX matches? WTF? I really liked the Backlash theme so I was sad that it got edited out, I didn't watch the PPV live, but I'm sure the song must have matched well with the video package for the fatal four way main event.

I haven't regularly been buying PPV DVDs since 2004 but Backlash was one of the E's best PPVs ever AND WWE is screwing over my 24/7 by not putting the recent PPVs I'm missing / not buying on DVD up when they're supposed to so I really wanted the DVD.

Guest krippler27

This is at the descretion of the cable company. I have Comcast in Maryland and we get the recent PPVs on 24/7.

I haven't regularly been buying PPV DVDs since 2004 but Backlash was one of the E's best PPVs ever AND WWE is screwing over my 24/7 by not putting the recent PPVs I'm missing / not buying on DVD up when they're supposed to so I really wanted the DVD.

That seems to be up for debate. Cable companies (and mine specifically - Cogeco - when someone from a different market asked about this) seem to tell their customers it's WWE's fault but WWE.com's feedback section implies it's the cable company that is at fault.

This is at the descretion of the cable company. I have Comcast in Maryland and we get the recent PPVs on 24/7.

yea Ive been getting them too, but Benoit is edited out of old nitros still

My CC still has quite a few copies of Backlash, Judgment Day, and One Night Stand (Benoit is a lumberjack in the kane-henry match, his last ppv appearance ever)

I'm glad I bought Backlash 04 back in the summer of 04 then

oddly enough the summerslam 3 pack I spoke of, the 05 dvd is the same package it originally came in (Since Hogan and HBK are on the cover) but the back still lists the Benoit/Jordan match. weird still since the way it is bundled, you can't even see the 2004 cover so why did they bother? (I guess so they can still sell it at wwe.com individually?)

Someone sent this to Meltzer:

"On the three-set SummerSlam DVD (covering 2004-2006), all Chris Benoit matches have been removed, including the Benoit vs. Orton main event in 2004. Undertaker vs. JBL is now the listed main event."

Misinformation?

Someone sent this to Meltzer:

"On the three-set SummerSlam DVD (covering 2004-2006), all Chris Benoit matches have been removed, including the Benoit vs. Orton main event in 2004. Undertaker vs. JBL is now the listed main event."

Misinformation?

They probably looked at the box cover and not the dvd itself.

Probably not, but it brings to mind the fact that they should do a "Greatest Tag Teams" 3 disc dvd.

I'd DEFINITELY buy that one.

I can imagine it being like "The World's Greatest Managers" -

It could highlight the following (Just throwing them off the top of my head):

The Rock and Roll Express

The Midnight Express

The Road Warriors (Probably not since they already have a DVD)

The Fabulous Freebirds (Depends on how much they are on the World Class DVD)

Demolition

The Rockers

The Hart Foundation

The Wild Samoans

Harlem Heat

The Dudleys

The Andersons/Minnesota Wrecking Crew

The Steiner Brothers

The Hardys

Doom

The Horsemen (Tully and Arn)

Who am I leaving out? What old school teams? Would a team like Steamboat and Youngblood make it? The Brisco Brothers?

I'd DEFINITELY buy that one.

I can imagine it being like "The World's Greatest Managers" -

It could highlight the following (Just throwing them off the top of my head):

The Rock and Roll Express

The Midnight Express

The Road Warriors (Probably not since they already have a DVD)

The Fabulous Freebirds (Depends on how much they are on the World Class DVD)

Demolition

The Rockers

The Hart Foundation

The Wild Samoans

Harlem Heat

The Dudleys

The Andersons/Minnesota Wrecking Crew

The Steiner Brothers

The Hardys

Doom

The Horsemen (Tully and Arn)

Who am I leaving out? What old school teams? Would a team like Steamboat and Youngblood make it? The Brisco Brothers?

Seems like the majority of the necessary teams to include if they were to do this. I think they would definately include the Brisco Bros. I would like to think if they were putting Hardys/Dudleys they would include Edge/Christian as well if they had no hard feelings putting in the Dudleys, they probably would throw in the New Age Outlaws. On top of that, from that era I'm pretty sure they would include APA as well. Other teams I would like included would be Strike Force and Rotunda/Windham. I also assume the Hollywood Blondes would get put in. I'm just trying to think who they would include from different decades, such as early 90s, would the Disasters and Money Inc make it? i would think the Nasty Boys would get tossed in too. I think if they were to do something like this, they would have to do it by decade as there are so many good choices and quite a few teams that have a good amount of yes/no arguments.