TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

And this was a spoiler from that E insider person.

A major character will be leaving Sacred Heart around mid-season. And for good.

I'm guessing Elliot. Or if they wanted to be really shocking, Carla or Turk. Maybe even Kelso?

hmm, if they go with Kelso then they could have the series end with Cox becoming the new Chief of Medicine...

Dr. Jan Itor

Looking forward to the Season 6 DVD extras.

John C. McGinley actually did an interview not long ago where he claimed a major character was dying, not just leaving.

Another character actually dying would be overkill, IMO. That's why I didn't mind the phrasing "leaving Sacred Heart." Implying something better came along, which is actually realistic. And there's always the possibility of Kelso stepping down, but in season 5 didn't he say he was in his 50s? He looks a lot older but I'm pretty sure he said 57. Weird.

Oh, this made me laugh. Found it at TVSquad.

Aloma Wright will return to the show this fall, even though her character, Nurse Roberts, was killed off earlier this season. It's part of a deal that she made with Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence: if the show returned for another season, then she could return to the show as Roberts' twin sister Shirley. She'll wear a wig.

Lawrence wasn't sure if there would be another season of the show when he planned her death, but now that they are returning after all he's going to stick to the deal.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, that's retarded. Let's destroy the emotional impact of killing off her character! Dumb.

Ah, nevermind. This sounds much better. From the same source:

Well, contrary to what you may've heard, Aloma Wright won't be returning as Laverne's sister. In fact, the new character she's playing won't have any ties to Sacred Heart's dearly departed nurse. "She's coming back as a completely different character [that's] not related to Laverne in any way," reveals Scrubs boss Bill Lawrence. "And no one but J.D. sees the similarities. And he's incredulous that no one sees it." Bill adds that he hopes fans will give him "a pass" on this shark-jumpy development. "It's just that Aloma's such a nice woman. When I thought last year was the last year, we killed her. And then it looked like it suddenly might not be the last year and I didn't want to rewrite all of those scripts. So I told her, 'Look, if we come back, I'll put you back on the show.' I don't want to take away anybody's livelihood. It's too competitive a time out there. It's not 100 percent a creative decision as much as there's only one season left and I can't take her house payments away. She is a sweet lady."

Couple of Season 7 spoilers.

Question: It’s got to be Dr. Kelso who's leaving, right? He dies, but his ghost will still roam the halls of Sacred Heart? — Amy

Ausiello: (Spoiler alert) Yes, no and… no comment. Yes, Kelso will be released from Sacred Heart around midseason. But no, he's not dying.

Question: J.D. and Elliot on Scrubs? Yes? No? Maybe? I mean, they did end up in bed together in the finale.— Josh

Ausiello: (Spoiler alert) Here's a potential clue: Elliot and Keith call off their wedding.

The "First Annual Sacred Heart Who Caresies Awards" might be my favorite Scrubs gag ever. It had me laughing for a good few minutes.

I don't mind her so much, in fact I'm finally getting into her character and I'm glad they ended the JD/Kim relationship. I wouldn't want the show ending with JD stuck in a loveless relationship.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

J.D. is really hard to like; half of this is his character, half is that he's portrayed by Zach Braff.

So, what's the deal with Zach Braff? I've heard stories that he's supposed to be a dick in person, bt then I hear other things that he's supposed to be a nice guy. What's his story?

Overall I think this was the first episode that I really enjoyed this season. Also the casting of Tom Cavanagh as J.D's brother was great all those years ago.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

It was good; a welcome departure from the "sitcom that's too good to be funny" territory they were approaching.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. They went back to some of the old stuff that made them great - JD/Janitor, JD/Cox, etc. Also some nice character development with Cox missing his family, Elliot making herself known as a colleague with Cox and Kelso, Turk working to be a good husband. Maybe the best of the young season, for me.

When I heard earlier this season that a member of Sacred Heart would be leaving I figured that it would be Dr. Kelso being forced to retire.

Episode was only ok. I did laugh pretty good at JD and Sam in the park though.

Episode was only ok. I did laugh pretty good though at the JD and Sam in the park though.

I thought that was one of the funniest bits they've done in a while.

Well looks like Scrubs will get one more final season, and it's could be moved to ABC.

From Wikipedia:

Pre-strike episodes will begin airing April 10th.

Amid strike-induced doubt involving the final episodes of Scrubs, on February 28, 2008, The Hollywood Reporter reported that ABC was in talks with corporate sibling ABC Studios to bring Scrubs to ABC for an eighth season of 18-episodes, despite both Lawrence's and Braff's protests that the seventh season will definitely be the last. Just hours later, Variety reported that NBC was lashing out and threatening legal action against ABC Studios. However, McGinley has confirmed that he has been told to report back to work March 24, 2008 to begin production for another season. McGinley was also quoted as saying that the show's long-rumored move from NBC to ABC is a done deal. According to McGinley, Scrubs will air on ABC during the 2008-2009 TV season.

On March 19, 2008, Michael Ausiello of TV Guide reported that although nothing is "official," the Scrubs cast will be reporting back to work next Wednesday for work on an "unofficial" season as of yet. Due to legalities of the contract between ABC Studios and NBC, until NBC releases a press statement releasing rights to Scrubs, nothing is official between the Scrubs production crew and ABC Studios.

Well that would be an interesting move. If that goes down I bet we will see little to no advertising for the rest of this season of Scrubs.