TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

Okay then, Season 7 here we come?

'Scrubs' Prepping for Season Seven

When "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence gave the go-ahead to a musical episode this season, he did so thinking that "we might wrap it up this year."

But making the musical, which airs Thursday, turned out to be so much fun that "it made us feel like we might do this show one more year."

"Very oddly, you know, 'Scrubs' is actually doing better than it's done in recent years," Lawrence said Wednesday at a press tour session for the show. "And the decision seems to have kind of come back into our lap as to whether or not we are going to go forward. I think we'll probably do another big special [episode] next year, and I would imagine that next you will be the last year of the show."

That's the good news for "Scrubs" fans. The bad news is that series star Zach Braff hasn't committed to returning to the show for a seventh season (his contract ends this year).

"There's so many variables," Braff says. "I would love to do it. I'd love to keep working with Bill and the cast. I think everyone's procrastinating that decision to the last second, so I don't know."

It sounds, though, that Lawrence and Braff, who have a pretty tight relationship, are pretty much a package deal. While Braff asserts that "I think the show can totally go on without me," Lawrence has said he's not sure he'd want to continue without Braff.

However things shake out, though, it does sound like "Scrubs" will be back next season -- if not on NBC, then possibly on ABC, a Disney sibling of the show's producer, Touchstone TV.

"I called up the head of [Touchstone TV], Mark Pedowitz, and said point-blank, 'What should we do?'" Lawrence says. "And he said don't do a series finale, so we're not gonna. And I'm not doing Zach walking out the door, because if we're back next year and he's not back, he will come back for an episode and explain why he's not back."

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-scrubsse...ap-tv-headlines

I can't imagine what another "spectacle" episode would involve. Again, I just can't see them coming up with 22 more fresh new storylines.

I agree, Super- I feel like the show is really running out of fresh ideas. Turk and Carla are pretty much at the end of their storyline, Elliot is moving in by herself, Kim will come back just in time for the season to end w/ JD's baby. I don't really see what else they could do.

Plus, as much as I've enjoyed the "His/Her Story" episodes, it would be really weird not hearing JD narrate the show anymore.

Shows never work when the main focus leaves, especially if they try to find themselves for just one year (see That 70s Show among others). No Braff should mean no Scrubs IMO.

Spoilers on who might be kicking it:

From spoilerfix.com:

new 01/21 - Episode 6.15 - My Long Goodbye: Nurse Roberts is in a coma and they don't know when she will wake up. Elliot comes to visit and remembers the times when she was down and Nurse Roberts cheered her up. Carla comes in and tells Elliot not to say goodbye because people have come back from worse. Jordan is giving birth and only gives Dr. Cox 2 hours notice, who immediately starts freaking out.

This Thursday is a rerun of "My Bright Idea" from season 5, and the week after is "His Story IV" involving Kelso.

HIS STORY IV

9pm 2007-02-01 ALL NEW!

THE STAFF OF SACRED HEART DIVIDE DOWN POLITCAL PARTY LINES - MICHAEL WESTON ("THE LAST KISS") GUEST STARS - While the staff questions Dr. Kelso's (Ken Jenkins) commitment to the hospital we begin to see the world from his point of view. But when he befriends patient, Private Brian Dancer (Michael Weston), the war stories he brings back from Iraq remind Kelso what it means to be a good leader. Meanwhile, Dancer's presence in the hospital causes a heated political debate amongst the staffers dividing them down party lines, while everyone is fighting the patient's well-being is being neglected. Elsewhere, J.D. (Zach Braff) is in search of a new apartment and feels out of the loop when politics become the topic of the day Sacred Heart. Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, Judy Reyes, John C. McGinley and Neil Flynn also star. TV-14

That sounds like a really neat idea for an episode, even if I can't stand Michael Weston (super-annoying in The Last Kiss and he also played the cop in Garden State).

Oh, and if there's a lack of Asian prostitutes in this episode I will be severely disappointed.

Yeah, she's still seeing him. His role as of late has been toned down though quite a bit. He's established now and dosen't need the screen time as much as the others, I guess.

Probably the 4th best "His/Her Story," not as good as Cox, Elliot, or Janitor but better than Turk's and Carla's. Still a really great episode and a nice return after the dip with "My Friend with Money."

The political discussion was awfully forced but all the stuff with Kelso was excellent.

MY ROAD TO NOWHERE

9pm 2007-02-08 ALL NEW!

Turk convinces J.D. that he needs to go to Tacoma for Kim's first ultra sound -- which results in an impromptu road trip for the Sacred Heart crew. After commandeering Dr. Kelso's new RV Elliot, Carla, Keith, Ted and the Janitor join the father to be on his journey. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox and Jordan face some concern when her ultrasound reveals that their unborn child will need to have surgery.

How amazing does THIS episode sound!

I think the only person missing in the road trip is The Todd.

Wow, the ending of the episode caught me out of the blue. They agreed to break up and he believes that she had a miscarriage. Instead it was a lie and she had an ultrasound. The ending of him thinking she was being honest with him while seeing that was actually heartbreaking.

I have this vision of Kim coming back at the end of the show and introducing JD to his child, and then it's revealed that the entire series has been JD recounting his life story to his kid.

I'd say that was probably the best episode this season, but I wished they continued the Dorian joke throughout the entire episode.

Guest Greg Valentine

Wasn't it revealed in an earlier episode that the voiceovers were from entries in JD's diary? Am I imagining this?