TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

Guest Vitamin X

Ha!! Oh man, I freakin' called it.

I've mentioned a few times that my friend has it stuck in his head that J.D. is going to end up with Elliot no matter what, and he's got a good supporting reason: If the whole show is shot from that journal perspective some of us have been saying, the first episode basically talks about how much J.D. is meant to be with Elliot, like that's the point of the whole series. I'd been wary of that being the actual case since when he told me that he hadn't seen all the episodes yet, and he'd been watching them out of order since he was new to the show and all. Now I'm starting to think he's right, and really, would it be so bad if that happened? Every relationship they end up in gets fucked up badly. I still can't stand Keith. J.D. has had no luck recently, at least not since the Kim breakup (and I don't think we've got any resolution on that baby, either).

Sounds like your friend called it.

The perfect couple endings for me would have been Elliot/Sean [scott Foley] and JD/Julie [Mandy Moore]. Each respective couple worked great together and I really liked the characters. Alas.

Wasn't looking forward to it because it was probably the weakest transition into the perspective for a "Story" episode, but it was pretty good. Todd's father fantasy (and Todd's narration in general) was great.

"Coffee for Snoop Dogg Resident!"

"Man, just once I wish people would call me Rodney."

I love how they're emphasizing the minor characters this season, if anything.

Yeah- I know I've seen him before, but I can't place him either.

Just a small thing- I really like when JD passes off the narration through some physical act [slapping Turk's head, bumping into Elliot, etc.]. Very minor, just wish they had done that here.

About the plastic surgeon... I only saw the last couple minutes of the episode, but if we're thinking of the same guy, I know he was in the episode of Seinfeld, "The Fatigues", as the mailroom guy that Elaine kept promoting.

Oh, was he the evil surgeon on Angel who gave Gunn his lawyer implant?

also: "OH YEAH, BITCH! I WILL MURDER YOU!"

There's also a ton of meta-humor this season. Continued with Todd frustrated about having to wait through J.D.'s daydream. Awesome.

There's also a ton of meta-humor this season. Continued with Todd frustrated about having to wait through J.D.'s daydream. Awesome.

That was great. I'm glad they finally acknowledged what it's like to sit through one of JD's fantasies from the outside.

Previews/SPOILERZ!!1! for the last two episodes.

"My Conventional Wisdom" -- As Eliot (Sarah Chalke) begins to plan her wedding with Keith (Travis Schuldt), J.D. (Zach Braff) continues to question his true feelings for her. In an attempt to ease his best friend's mind Turk (Donald Faison) takes him to a surgeon's convention in Phoenix, but the plan backfires when J.D. runs into his ex-girlfriend Kim (guest star Elizabeth Banks, "The 40-Year-Old Virgin") and comes face to face with the unexpected. Meanwhile, Kelso (Ken Jenkins) and his cronies party it up at the convention while unknown to him, the Janitor (Neil Flynn) takes on the role of chief of medicine back at Sacred Heart. John C. McGinley and Judy Reyes also star.

"My Rabbit/ My Point of No Return" -- ONE-HOUR SEASON FINALE -- Father-to-be J.D. (Zach Braff) invites mother-to-be Kim (guest star Elizabeth Banks) to move in with him so that they can raise their child together. Elsewhere, Carla (Judy Reyes) helps bride-to-be Eliot (Sarah Chalke) plan for her upcoming wedding, while the Janitor (Neil Flynn) and

the "Brain Trust" [YES!] vow to make Keith (Travis Schuldt) the perfect husband-to-be. However, it doesn't seem meant to be when at the baptism for Dr. Cox's (John C. McGinley) daughter the father-to-be and the bride-to-be begin to contemplate the paths they have chosen and question whether or not they were the ones that were meant for each other all along. Elsewhere, Turk (Donald Faison) learns that life changes when you become a father. Ken Jenkins also stars.

Appletini jokes are always gold, as was The Ghost of Pediatrics. But overall the episode was kinda eh, or par for the course this season.

fiosadjf;jas;fv @ the ending though. Even though I read the spoilers.

I was a bit concerened that it was referred to as the first of the "final four episodes". I guess NBC isn't sure about renewing the show yet. Braff and Lawrence have said that ABC will very likely pick up the show if NBC doesn't, though.

They do that with most shows, though. I figured it was just to stay consistent after announcing tonight's 30 Rock as the season finale. I think they're doing the same thing for Heroes, too.

Damn, when did Keri Russell get so bangable? She always seemed kind of "plain but cute".

JD is starting to act like he did in Season 3 with Elliot: now that he can't have her, he wants her again.

I'm pretty sure they're toying with people. It's not Elliot he wants; it's her situation. Finding true love, getting married and settling down.

Guest Richard McBeef

No, I think it's Elliot. Oh, and with you 100% on the Keri Russell thing.

Good episode tonight. I liked WASP Turk and Goaturk.

Guest Jacob Cross

I think JD's fantasy about being married to Elliot showed that it is Elliot he wants. I think he's finally realizing what a mistake he made in dumping Elliot at the end of Season 3.

Guest Vitamin X

And I'm kinda glad to see it myself. (I mention that in the spoiler tags aup above, which are by now already unspoiled).

The whole show really is about JD wanting to be with Elliot, from the very first episode and all through season 3. Yeah they drop hints that they don't want to turn it into a Ross and Rachel thing along the way, but really, it just makes sense. She's crazy and domineering enough to be perfect for JD. He's girly and easily manipulated enough for Elliot.

I love where they're going with this. And the music stays just as good as ever, same with how everything in the show progresses. It was getting a little too goofy mid-season this year, but it's definitely picked up again recently.

Guest Vitamin X

Awesome cliffhanger ending to the season.

He could go either way and be fine with it.

Or, he could move to Utah with both of `em.