TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

Guest heat
Awesome cliffhanger ending to the season.

He could go either way and be fine with it.

Or, he could move to Utah with both of `em.

Or, he could....Bust A Move.

Guest Vitamin X
Season's got one more episode

Whoops, my bad. That seems like what would normally be a Scrubs season-ending cliffhanger.

I kind of wanted J.D. to end up with Elliot, especially when I went over the whole series a while back, but with Kim being pregnant, the only thing that could resolve to be better would be if the kid wasn't J.D.'s all along or something.

Or, like I said, polygamy.

So is this going to be the final series? I more enjoy Scrubs in a "pick up a random episode and watch it" way than a "follow a storyline through a series" way but I would still like for the show to continue.

So is this going to be the final series? I more enjoy Scrubs in a "pick up a random episode and watch it" way than a "follow a storyline through a series" way but I would still like for the show to continue.

Yeah, I thought they were advertising this past month as the final 3 episodes of Scrubs, but this week I saw ad's talking about season finale. So who knows?

Yep, Scrubs will air on NBC, but it will only be for 18 episodes:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7380

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- A seventh season of "Scrubs" and Candace Bushnell's "Lipstick Jungle" are the latest additions to NBC's 2007-08 season roster, various sources confirmed on Friday.

The newcomer, which stars Brooke Shields, Kim Raver and Lindsay Price, joins yesterday's pick-ups "Life," "Journeyman," "The Bionic Woman" and "Chuck."

Also nearing a pick-up: the Peacock's imported version of the British comedy "The I.T. Crowd." Joe Port and Joe Wiseman, two of the pilot's executive producers (the others being David Guarascio and Moses Port), inked an overall deal with producer NBC Universal Television this week. The pact covers their duties on the series should it move forward, a likely sign its sibling company is going with the comedy.

Yesterday "Journeyman" creator Kevin Falls signed a similar two-year, seven-figure deal with 20th Century Fox Television - the same day the Peacock ordered the project to series.

Finally as for "Scrubs," the veteran comedy is expected to enter its final season with a slightly shortened run of 18 episodes.

Guest George's Box

I watched a couple episodes of The I.T. Crowd. It was moderately funny and the girl was moderately cute. Maybe the stateside version will be really good, but I don't predict it being very good.

What's the episode where JD keeps saying banana hammock? Been driving me crazy trying to remember...

I believe you're thinking of "My Own Personal Jesus" from Season 1. Dr. Cox asks JD to videotape a friend's birth, and he screws up.

What's the episode where JD keeps saying banana hammock? Been driving me crazy trying to remember...

I believe you're thinking of "My Own Personal Jesus" from Season 1. Dr. Cox asks JD to videotape a friend's birth, and he screws up.

Guest Vitamin X

What?! WTF? Now THAT was a hell of a season finale.

J.D. and Elliot AGAIN? Woooooo, man.. I don't know what to say..

On one hand, I knew this was coming, but was Elliot having doubts about her wedding because of her thinking about J.D.? Something tells me since it didn't end with them kissing, they're going to stop halfway through and not have it happen at the beginning of last season. And, seeing Kim and Elliot side by side.. Kim wins by a landslide. I mean, they even have a mutual hatred for beets!

Wow. One of the best Scrubs moments ever. Ted getting into character as "Blond Doctor", "OK. Falling in love with you, long blond hair, *blows hair out of eyes*, talking very fast, talking very fast, frick, frick, *blows hair out of eyes*. OK, I'm ready."

CLASSIC!

I'd say overall an enjoyable season. I really don't want Elliot and JD to happen again, but it's the shows way of coming full circle I would presume. If they kiss it will make them realise it's not what they want and they do want what they've got, schmultz, etc, etc. I like Kim, I like Keith so I'd be perfectly happy with them all ending up as they have done. Next season they can just build on their characters.

Whatever happend to Tobias from AD making a cameo in this season? Or, was it supposed to be occuring in the next series?

I think there are still like 4 Scrubs fans on this board. So for them I present this, taken from tvshowsondvd.com

Scrubs_S6.jpg

Comes out October 30th, and in addition to the usual extras, includes a big Making Of The Musical episode.

also, this new entry in the Scrubs production blog has pictures from filming the Season 7 premiere, which will be directed by Bill Lawrence.

Guest Vitamin X

Actually, I think Scrubs has picked up a lot more fans in the past couple seasons than it ever has. A lot more people I know watch it and quote it a lot more regularly now in years past.

Yeah, ever since Scrubs repeats started about a year ago or so, just about everyone I know has got into it. On a weekday here, you can watch 4 episodes on Comedy Central (2 in the morning, 2 in the evening) and then 2 episodes on Fox around midnight. Six different episodes in one day, and then of course, Comedy Central usually has mini-marathons on the weekends.

I just recently go into the show thanks to Comedy Central. I then bought season 1-5 and downloaded season 6. I know I'm a geek, but I have been able to see every episode, so I'm caught up now. My friend is getting me season 6 in the next couple of weeks from a friend that works at NBC. Can't wait to watch the extras.

Yeah, ever since Scrubs repeats started about a year ago or so, just about everyone I know has got into it. On a weekday here, you can watch 4 episodes on Comedy Central (2 in the morning, 2 in the evening) and then 2 episodes on Fox around midnight. Six different episodes in one day, and then of course, Comedy Central usually has mini-marathons on the weekends.

2 eps on Fox at 5 and 5:30 as well

Oh, cool to hear. I was disappointed with a lot of season six, especially compared to what I thought was a stellar season five. Six still had a lot of great episodes, though, with the finale, the Nurse Roberts episodes, and My Conventional Wisdom. I'm really hoping seven is one of the best, since they know they have 18 episodes left they can get creatively rejuvenated.

I read an article from Variety awhile back that said after Scrubs, Bill Lawrence has already signed a contract for 3 years with ABC to develop other stuff, and may also continue web-based content like Nobody's Watching.

And this was a spoiler from that E insider person.

A major character will be leaving Sacred Heart around mid-season. And for good.

Whatever happened to David Cross guest starring? also, is it just me or did it take way longer for season 5 to come out on dvd than season 6?

That's because they were behind on releasing the other seasons. They were doing the every-six-months schedule, and didn't release season one until they were I think finished with season 3.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm guessing Elliot. Or if they wanted to be really shocking, Carla or Turk. Maybe even Kelso?

I'm guessing Elliot. Or if they wanted to be really shocking, Carla or Turk. Maybe even Kelso?

hmm, if they go with Kelso then they could have the series end with Cox becoming the new Chief of Medicine...