TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

Survivor Series Match

Hacksaw is not a Legend. Arn Anderson probably cannot step in the ring as he is probably collecting one thing or another due to his arm that would be cancelled if he wrestled. If he was "legally" able to wrestle I think he would have because in such a format his handicaps could have been hidden.

Of course they could have found another Legend. I know they have Ricky Steamboat, however I read somewhere that his wife owns the trademark to his ring name so he'll never be used.

"Richard Blood's ex-wife, Bonnie, obtained the rights to the name "Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat" in their divorce settlement. Specifics are not yet known, but Blood has not been identified by that name on WWE television and has not been featured in any sort of prominent on-air role due to this."

Well, I know he called himself Ricky Steamboat on 24/7 when doing the introduction for the September 'Pick Your Big One' (The Wrestling Classic).

I remember hearing an audio interview of Bonnie and she seemed like a sweet woman. That said, she's no bullshit when it comes to dealing w/ anything McMahon. She probably took the Steamboat name so Ricky wouldn't foolishly sign it over to Vince. I'm sure if Steamboat needed the name for a night, Bonnie would be more than happy to allow it. However, Vince's ego wouldn't let that happen either.

Also, I doubt Ricky or Arn are the type to want to go out there and turn into another Paul Orndorff on ppv.

They could just call him "The Dragon". Just go around calling him by his nickname like they do "Nature Boy" with Flair.

Steamboat is in good shape and even did physical stuff in ROH and still showed that he has a spring in his step but he can't work an actual match.

Anyone else think they're overdoing it a little bit with Flair and his fellow "legends?" I mean, having them show up once in a while is fine, but to have four of them wrestling together on one team on a PPV is a little bit of overkill. Seeing Hacksaw wrestle isn't a thrill since he's been teaming with Eugene for about the last six months, and Sarge wrestles every once in a while on RAW.

Oh well...at least the match should be short, and hopefully will lead to the full breakup of the Spirit Squad.

I totally forgot about a womans match on my predcitions... they will probably do a Womans elim match before they do a Tag Elim.

Maybe Taker-London-Kendricks-Carltio and Sandman/Dreamer vs Kennedy-ldol-Stevens-Benjerman-Holly

"Richard Blood's ex-wife, Bonnie, obtained the rights to the name "Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat" in their divorce settlement. Specifics are not yet known, but Blood has not been identified by that name on WWE television and has not been featured in any sort of prominent on-air role due to this."

Well, I know he called himself Ricky Steamboat on 24/7 when doing the introduction for the September 'Pick Your Big One' (The Wrestling Classic).

What...The...Fuck?

I'll be at this show.

My favorite one...

"Team Captains Mr. Perfect and The Ultimate Warrior join their...

The Texas Tornado.

AX.

HAWK.

SMASH.

ANIMAL.

CRUSH."

Definitely! The Spirit Squad did their part this year . . . maybe we can get

REAL WORLD'S CHAMPION RRRIC FLAIRRRRR AND KENNY LEAD INTO BATTLE

PIPER

MIKEY

SLAUGHTER

NICKY

THEEEEEE AMMMMMERRRRRRIICCAAAANNNN DREEEEAAAMMM DUSTY RHODES . . . gettin' down

And JOHNNY!!!

IT'S THE LEGENDS SQUARING OFF WITH THE SPIRIT SQUAD!!!

Vince McMahon's Announcing > Everybody Else's
Them lies.

body_macmahon.jpg

anyone willing to wear that jacket and still be gold on a headset, is great in my book

I'll be at this show.

My favorite one...

"Team Captains Mr. Perfect and The Ultimate Warrior join their...

The Texas Tornado.

AX.

HAWK.

SMASH.

ANIMAL.

CRUSH."

Definitely! The Spirit Squad did their part this year . . . maybe we can get

REAL WORLD'S CHAMPION RRRIC FLAIRRRRR AND KENNY LEAD INTO BATTLE

PIPER

MIKEY

SLAUGHTER

NICKY

THEEEEEE AMMMMMERRRRRRIICCAAAANNNN DREEEEAAAMMM DUSTY RHODES . . . gettin' down

And JOHNNY!!!

IT'S THE LEGENDS SQUARING OFF WITH THE SPIRIT SQUAD!!!

You're forgeting his open.."Hello Everyone, Im Vince McMahon!"..A show just wasnt started until you heard that..

What...The...Fuck?

Beats me, I just went to wikipedia to look it up after Canadian Dragon mentioned it.

With all this talk of Vince's PPV opening yelling, here's a link to something I posted awhile back in "Comments".

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...post&id=257

I hate to nit-pick but shouldn't the Ricky Dragon stuff be in Comments that don't warrent a thread? Kinda odd, it was posted in this thread.

This is the one PPV that I really hope gets a lot of buys simply to show WWE that there is a demand for to get back to the classic SS matches...the whole PPV should just be elimination matches to keep feuding wrestlers from each other and still further the storyline..a title match once in a while but not every year...

Which Survivor Series had Chuck Norris as the Special Enforcer(Vince was ahead of everyone with this in my opinion)...And why did they move it from Wednesday Night To Sunday and when....I liked having a PPV on Thanksgiving Eve....

Yeah, today's announced match was rather obvious for spoiler readers, and tomorrow's will probably re-announce the other one we know (but probably with a stipulation). Sunday and Monday are up in the air although one will probably officially announce Kennedy vs Taker in some sort of match.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Yeah, today's announced match was rather obvious for spoiler readers, and tomorrow's will probably re-announce the other one we know (but probably with a stipulation). Sunday and Monday are up in the air although one will probably officially announce Kennedy vs Taker in some sort of match.

Monday's one might be made obvious after the Raw taping in England.

I'm glad to get back mostly to the old school tag matches. What the hell, why not do the Ultimate Survivor thing at the end again like in 1990. Of course we all know it'd be HHH and HBK surviving, so maybe it's best not to bother.

The 1994 show also had Bret/Backlund in a submission match. That's a match that time has been surprisingly kind to. The cross face chicken wing, there's a finisher awaiting a new user.

With these matches booked, that only really leaves a few more stars left. Id like to see another crossover brand match. but it will be a womans match. Id like

Chryme Time/Yang/Vito/Sandman vs Cade/Murdoch/Sylvan/Regal/Thorn or maybe Test

Just for the record, i dont want to use Sylvan, but hes fueding with Yang, and Yang HAS to be on the card.

The 1994 show also had Bret/Backlund in a submission match. That's a match that time has been surprisingly kind to. The cross face chicken wing, there's a finisher awaiting a new user.

I think it'd be a good finisher for a big guy, but rather than doing a take down with it, actually hoisting his opponent in the air.